Bring4th

Full Version: Acceptance and balancing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bat

Often when i meditate i try and make use of the balancing exercises given in the Law of One. The example Ra gave was patience/impatience.

When the feeling of impatience comes up in meditation (mostly as i near the end of the session) i try to focus/meditate on that emotion/feeling so i can apply the balancing exercise, however as soon as i focus on any emotion/thought in meditation it brings it to an end, almost like a note being played on a piano and let go. So i don't really get the chance to apply the exercise i feel.

Has this ever happen to anybody else in meditation? Or was the exercise applied in a more subconscious way due to the end of the feeling of impatience?

Thanks.
(05-18-2013, 09:40 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]Often when i meditate i try and make use of the balancing exercises given in the Law of One. The example Ra gave was patience/impatience.

When the feeling of impatience comes up in meditation (mostly as i near the end of the session) i try to focus/meditate on that emotion/feeling so i can apply the balancing exercise, however as soon as i focus on any emotion/thought in meditation it brings it to an end, almost like a note being played on a piano and let go. So i don't really get the chance to apply the exercise i feel.

Has this ever happen to anybody else in meditation? Or was the exercise applied in a more subconscious way due to the end of the feeling of impatience?

Thanks.

My experience has been that it happens because of well... impatience. BigSmile

I tried to jump into the accepting part too soon. What needs to be done first is to map both patience and impatience within your mind. Ra says when you see the impatience, you need to consciously seek the patience within your mind. Here is this exercise again:

yummy, 5.2 Wrote:The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

So, first you need to practice silence. This silence will open the door to your mind. Secondly, when you find one thing within the mind, you need to consciously seek the opposite. And only after knowing these two opposites within your mind, you go into the acceptance part.

When I have been trying to rush through these exercises, like in: Sshhh! Silence! Where is impatience? There. Where is patience? Here. Ok! Great. Let's accept those things - it didn't work for me.

No wonder that Ra gave patience/impatience as an example here. It really is the name for this whole exercise. Tongue

Bat

I think i have the silence part, i just need to stop rushing the rest!

Thanks for your input.
I think another interesting emotion/state-of-mind to consider is irritability/grumpiness.

it obviously points to a blockage or distortion in mind, but how to frame it is another thing.

I guess the 'opposite state' would be chillaxed, it's all cool ... but when you're super-grumpy even someone closing a door a bit too loudly is enough to make you destroy the world in super-gushing anger BigSmile

so yeah, I've been mr grumps in the past (more distant past these days than recent past), but certainly a condition I've been all too familiar with.

Bat

It seems that all of this boils down to the idea of that which you approve of and that which you disapprove of. A more basic way of saying this is Good/Bad.

The idea seems to be to understand each on/off and then accept them and find a balance between them?

It does sound a lot like the concept of the middle way in Buddhism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_way

Quote: In Mahayana Buddhism, the Middle Way refers to the insight into emptiness that transcends opposite statements about existence

However this does open Pandora's box in some insistence such as love/hate.

How does one find a balance between love and hate while on the positive path?
(05-19-2013, 07:23 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that all of this boils down to the idea of that which you approve of and that which you disapprove of. A more basic way of saying this is Good/Bad.

The idea seems to be to understand each on/off and then accept them and find a balance between them?

I see Good/Bad as concepts which carry judgement. There are definitely things within me that I approve and disapprove, but that is the whole idea with doing these balancing exercises, so that one undistorts the mind complex and smoothes the judgement. Or as Ra says here:

Ra, 4.19 Wrote:To reach an undistorted understanding of that law, it is not necessary to heal or, indeed, to show any manifestation but only to exercise the disciplines of understanding.

Bat Wrote:It does sound a lot like the concept of the middle way in Buddhism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_way

Quote: In Mahayana Buddhism, the Middle Way refers to the insight into emptiness that transcends opposite statements about existence

Maybe. But instead of emptiness I prefer Ra's concept, which is completeness, wholeness:

Ra, 5.2 Wrote:The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

Or:

Ra, 1.6 Wrote:You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.

Bat Wrote:However this does open Pandora's box in some insistence such as love/hate.

How does one find a balance between love and hate while on the positive path?

With patience. Seek this hate within yourself. You have surely hated, but why? Seek this understanding and then address it with compassion towards the self and another self. Living the Law of One is certainly not easy. It takes time and patience. But as Ra said:

Ra, 1.4 Wrote:Since it [Law of One] contains all, it cannot abhor any.

Bat

I understand what you are saying but there seems to be a flaw in that when we find hate we balance it with compassion, that's easy enough to accept and understand. However when we find compassion going by the same logic we should balance it with hate? Wouldn't that be going against the whole idea of the positive path?

I mean its easy enough to understand the concepts of love/hate, or hate/love but putting this exercise into motion is difficult because it seems like the exercise contradicts it self in the above regards.
I think it might be worth putting a little pressure on the concept of "hate." What do you mean by it, exactly? When you say "I hate that person," what in particular do you hate about them? Is it that you haven't forgiven them for something they did to you? Is it that you can't stand the way they talk?

Once you break it down, you can get more specific in the balancing exercises.
Most folks will not understand this but that's ok.
Hate is 'love', just on the other end of the polarity scale.
There was love/light before the idea of polarity was thought of.
The common emotion is 'passion' - I know a lot of folk who get their 'jollies' by hating just as there are those who experience passion through 'loving'.
If you try to understand this it might lead to some enlightenment.
Everyone is doing their job by rubbing otherselves up 'the wrong way'.
What does rubbing cause?
Friction.
What is the result of friction?
Heat.
What does heat make you want to do?
Move out of the heat.
It's not about balancing love with hate, or balancing hate with love.

It's about balancing your understanding of love with your understanding of hate, or balancing your understanding of hate with your understanding of love.

Once you find love within you, find within yourself the moments where you have expressed the polar opposite, or where you expressed or felt hate. Understand why you did so. Forgive (without judgement), if necessary, and accept the portion of you that did that. Do not judge yourself as "right" or "wrong" for being hateful. Come out understanding and accepting why anyone would express the polar opposite of love that is hate. Then, begin to find balance within yourself when you come across great hate in your life, presumably externally since you are polarizing positively, and still find love and vibrate love in the moment, by understanding, forgiving if necessary, and accepting the other self that is expressing that hate.

After all, all is one Smile.

(05-19-2013, 09:28 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you are saying but there seems to be a flaw in that when we find hate we balance it with compassion, that's easy enough to accept and understand. However when we find compassion going by the same logic we should balance it with hate? Wouldn't that be going against the whole idea of the positive path?

I mean its easy enough to understand the concepts of love/hate, or hate/love but putting this exercise into motion is difficult because it seems like the exercise contradicts it self in the above regards.

Bat

I was thinking more along the technical lines of the exercise, maybe i put a little to much thought into it. My main question was why would you want to change a loving mind set into a negative/hate mind set in order to balance?

However in contemplating this answer, it seems that once your are in a loving state that is a good time to try and find the part of you that's negative and use that loving energy to balance it.

From the aspect of a negative state seeking a loving state, that is easier to understand in regards to the exercise.
States of love, Vibrating love, change in difficulty depending on the environment.

It is easier to vibrate love when surrounded by loving, peaceful settings.

It is harder to vibrate love when surrounded by hate and fear.

Thus, in order to truly increase our capacity for love, it useful to balance and accept fear and hate in our understanding, so that when we come across them, our green ray will remain open.

That being said, it is often enough that one focus on keeping the green ray open in day to day activities and stressors before worrying about keeping it open in the presence of the darkness.

(05-19-2013, 01:54 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking more along the technical lines of the exercise, maybe i put a little to much thought into it. My main question was why would you want to change a loving mind set into a negative/hate mind set in order to balance?

However in contemplating this answer, it seems that once your are in a loving state that is a good time to try and find the part of you that's negative and use that loving energy to balance it.

From the aspect of a negative state seeking a loving state, that is easier to understand in regards to the exercise.
(05-19-2013, 01:54 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]My main question was why would you want to change a loving mind set into a negative/hate mind set in order to balance?

Yeah. It's about claiming all parts of yourself so that "no situation would be emotionally charged."
Where Ra mentions balancing positive qualities with negative ones, especially when dealing with others, it took me awhile to realize that its purpose is to remain humble (my interpretation at least). We tend to always identify with our positive enlightened views, especially when encountering so-called negativity from others, acting as if we've never behaved in such a way or had such thoughts.

It's easy to look down on others and distance yourself in other words. So personal "positive" opinion can easily create separation. I think this point is perhaps the most illuminating key that Ra was attempting to express. Identifying with others and accepting them is the very essence of serving others; the very essence of unity. You can only merge with another by directly seeing yourself within the other.

"The adept, whether positive or negative, has the same Matrix. The Potentiator is also identical. Due to the Catalyst of each adept the adept may begin to pick and choose that into which it shall look further. The Experience of the Spirit, that which you have called the Moon, is then, by far, the more manifest of influences upon the polarity of the adept. Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to-others illumination has occurred. The service-to-self adept will satisfy itself with the shadows and, grasping the light of day, will toss back the head in grim laughter, preferring the darkness."

The service-to-self adept is not some evil person that we can't even relate to; it's that part of ourselves that is still separating. We can easily lose polarity.

"The third step is that step which, when accomplished, renders one the most humble servant of all, transparent in personality and completely able to know and accept other-selves. [..] There is then no personality in the sense with which the adept begins its learn/teaching."

How many times a day do you spend not identifying with your surroundings? "Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make." ...where teaching is not so much through spoken word, but by taking so-called negativity and realizing that what you feel is a part of yourself that you don't accept, then giving you an opportunity to find love for the other (yourself). It's why in the Significator of the Spirit the left hand of apparent positive polarity grasps the right of apparent negative catalyst..opposites become one. Wind and weave..the dance..courting the unconscious.
(05-19-2013, 01:54 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]My main question was why would you want to change a loving mind set into a negative/hate mind set in order to balance?

Because it illustrates the path of unity. There are two paths: path of unity and path of separation. When you are accepting, both negative and positive within you and others, you are polarizing in the positive sense. Negative path does not accept, or balance, it controls.

Ra, 43.16 Wrote:Questioner: Then the positively oriented entity, rather than attempting repression of emotion, would balance the emotion as stated in an earlier contact. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and illustrates the path of unity.

Ra, 46.16 Wrote:This experience in your density may be loved and accepted or it may be controlled. These are the two paths.

Ra, 46.10 Wrote:The first acceptance, or control depending upon polarity, is of the self. Anger [you could exchange it with hate] is one of many things to be accepted and loved as a part of self or controlled as a part of self, if the entity is to do work.

Ra, 46.9 Wrote:The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

The negatively oriented mind/body/spirit complex will use this anger in a similarly conscious fashion, refusing to accept the undirected or random energy of anger and instead, through will and faith, funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion so as to obtain control over other-self, or otherwise control the situation causing anger.

Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst.

As Ra said in 46.10, anger is one of many things to be accepted or controlled as part of self, so you could exchange it with hate for instance, or any other catalyst.

So, my understanding is that you are not changing a positive set of mind into negative when using acceptance and balancing as your tool, but rather deepen your positive polarization, because this work is work of positive polarity. Negative polarity uses other tools and does another work.
What would be the balancing idea to the idea of "controlling circumstances"? Would it be "being controlled by circumstances" or just "letting go"?
(05-23-2013, 11:51 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the balancing idea to the idea of "controlling circumstances"? Would it be "being controlled by circumstances" or just "letting go"?

Maybe acceptance?

It might also be worth trying to unpack the idea of "controlling circumstances" a little further. What circumstances, in particular? Why do you feel they need to be controlled? What about the circumstances makes you uncomfortable so that you feel a desire to control them? And then explore the discomfort -- what ray is it centered in? What feelings are associated with it? And then work with those feelings and balance them.
(05-23-2013, 11:51 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the balancing idea to the idea of "controlling circumstances"? Would it be "being controlled by circumstances" or just "letting go"?

As a purely logical exercise, it is interesting to think about what is the antithesis of controlling something, although the question you ask is finding the antithesis of an external situation.

However, there may be a distinction to what you are attempting to do and what Ra suggests. Ra suggests balancing of emotions, and emotional concepts. What you are suggesting is trying to balance or find the antithesis of external scenario.

I'm not sure that is as helpful as breaking down the situation into the emotions it creates in you, and then purely balancing from an emotional perspective, and finding the opposite emotion, and then accepting both the emotion and its opposite. Then, the situation would no longer be emotionally charged.

I think it's much more important to accept the emotions external reality causes in us, as opposed to the external reality itself, because then there would be no impetus for change that reality - and no belief of an improved reality to drive your yellow. But I'm not 100%, as I am still exploring yellow ray concepts myself. But to me this makes sense, because ultimately, reality is not real, but your emotions, in a sense, are much more real because you generate and experience them in their entirety.
(05-23-2013, 12:17 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe acceptance?

It might also be worth trying to unpack the idea of "controlling circumstances" a little further. What circumstances, in particular? Why do you feel they need to be controlled? What about the circumstances makes you uncomfortable so that you feel a desire to control them? And then explore the discomfort -- what ray is it centered in? What feelings are associated with it? And then work with those feelings and balance them.

I guess what I'm getting at with the idea of "controlling circumstances" is that for my entire life, I feel like I am pretty much just floating around aimlessly adrift at sea. Don't get me wrong, I have had many adventures along the way and have made many self-discoveries. But, having no map or course for the future becomes a concern once marriage and finances become major responsibilities/duties. Seems like "controlling circumstances" is a must when carrying out ones duty...
(05-23-2013, 02:06 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess what I'm getting at with the idea of "controlling circumstances" is that for my entire life, I feel like I am pretty much just floating around aimlessly adrift at sea. Don't get me wrong, I have had many adventures along the way and have made many self-discoveries. But, having no map or course for the future becomes a concern once marriage and finances become major responsibilities/duties. Seems like "controlling circumstances" is a must when carrying out ones duty...

There's lots to work with there. Feeling adrift. The need to be responsible. Orange ray (personal self-discovery) vs yellow ray (marriage, finance, duty).

I understand the balancing exercises to have to do with attitudes and emotions. How does the perceived need to control circumstances make you feel? What's your attitude towards responsibility? Etc.
(05-24-2013, 07:01 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2013, 02:06 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess what I'm getting at with the idea of "controlling circumstances" is that for my entire life, I feel like I am pretty much just floating around aimlessly adrift at sea. Don't get me wrong, I have had many adventures along the way and have made many self-discoveries. But, having no map or course for the future becomes a concern once marriage and finances become major responsibilities/duties. Seems like "controlling circumstances" is a must when carrying out ones duty...

There's lots to work with there. Feeling adrift. The need to be responsible. Orange ray (personal self-discovery) vs yellow ray (marriage, finance, duty).

I understand the balancing exercises to have to do with attitudes and emotions. How does the perceived need to control circumstances make you feel? What's your attitude towards responsibility? Etc.

Honestly, responsibility feels great when the cards fall into place and I can fulfill my responsibilities with ease. But, I dread the idea of too much responsibility. As a Sagittarius I need to feel free. Responsibility means dedicating my energy to repetitive tasks. I see responsibility as a tether.
(05-24-2013, 02:41 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]As a Sagittarius I need to feel free.

I have been exploring the concept of freedom almost all my life. When I lived with my parents I yearned to become an adult and move out, because, I thought, that is when I will become free.

Then, as an adult, there appeared other circumstances which restricted that so much desired freedom. These circumstances are the ones you mentioned: marriage, job, responsibility to pay bills, responsibility towards family, *kids*...

I believe that this is a design which was made in this way on purpose, so that the lessons of third density can begin.

On the logical level I understand that the "true" freedom is independence to walk regardless of physical/surrounding circumstances, like Ra puts it here:

Ra, 52.2 Wrote:To the disciplined entity, all things are open and free. The discipline which opens the universes opens also the gateways to evolution. The difference is that of choosing either to hitchhike to a place where beauty may be seen or to walk, step by step, independent and free in this independence to praise the strength to walk and the opportunity for the awareness of beauty.

The hitchhiker, instead, is distracted by conversation and the vagaries of the road and, dependent upon the whims of others, is concerned to make the appointment in time. The hitchhiker sees the same beauty but has not prepared itself for the establishment, in the roots of mind, of the experience.

But I am not on this level yet myself. BigSmile