Bring4th

Full Version: One of the few possibly legit videos I've seen of Atlantean-like power.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I encourage you to watch the whole thing.
(05-20-2013, 05:25 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

I encourage you to watch the whole thing.

I've seen this one before. I think it seems very legit. Do you think there is a connection between atlantean-like power and chi-gong?

Unbound

I can't see it, is it Master Zhou? I love qi gong, so useful.
I've seen that one before. Fascinating. I've seen another where a guy moves a pail of water with his mind in small movements, causing the water to slosh.
Remember seeing this awhile ago, it's a trick. http://ancientway.com/blog/?p=957
It was filmed awhile ago, if it was legit it would be a ground breaking discovery and certainly wouldn't have been largely forgotten.
(05-20-2013, 07:43 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see it, is it Master Zhou? I love qi gong, so useful.

I will be googling what you mentioned but no this isn't that.

(05-20-2013, 07:54 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Remember seeing this awhile ago, it's a trick. http://ancientway.com/blog/?p=957
It was filmed awhile ago, if it was legit it would be a ground breaking discovery and certainly wouldn't have been largely forgotten.

Academia can be a surprising farce. That blog post doesn't completely debunk it for me. The fact is all claims of real magick can be explained away by citing the construction of similar illusions.

Here's something from the comments:

Quote:Hi Kevin,

You may or may not be aware, but when the TV show from which the video clip was taken was broadcast by the BBC back in the 1980s, it caused a sensation.

Several people tracked “Jack Chang” (an English name of convenience, not his Chinese name) down, and he adopted a few of them and began to train them in the basics of Nei Kung.

As far as I know, none of those people have made it past level 2 of the Mo Pai system, but they have already achieved exratordinary things. They all state categorically that:

1) Chang is neither involved, nor interested in, chicanery, and the things he did for the documumentary makers didn’t involve stage-style tricks

2) that he makes a good living running a small business and offers his healing sessions at cost, i.e. he has no interest in making money from what he has learned of Nei Kung

3) one of the first things his teacher taught him was to avoid fame and publicity, and after some fiascos where he has a misunderstanding that his demonstrations filmed by the BBC crew wouldn’t be broadcast widely, and after some other video leaked out, he stopped taking new students, and is refusing to demonstrate his work on film any more. He goes by his Chinese name in his local community, and he has made himself extremely difficult to find.

The people who have trained in the Mo Pai system have all stated that it is extremely dangerous, and one student who injured himself and had to drop out wrote a book about his experiences: look up 2 books by Kosta Danaos on Nei Kung (they’re available on Amazon)

What you may not realize in your reply above is, that you’re looking at Chang through the lens of your own worldview. In your westernized, scientistic society, you’ve probably never met someone who doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and feels absolutely no need to prove himself to anyone else- who in fact avoids that.

There’s a reason Mo Pai practitioners have carefully selected their students, and have trained them to stay away from fame or publicity. If you follow up on this, it wil become obvious why.
I believe it's real. You can tell by his demeanor. There's one other video of a student he trained..an older man. In the video the student is knocking something over from a distance.

Found it http://youtu.be/m-Ki2-VzUVs Hardly validating, but their demeanor feels casual and real to me.
After looking into it further it does seam to have a higher possibility of being real then I thought due to elements of the back story.

If it is legit I still don't understand why he hasn't gotten it seriously tested, something like that legitimized in observation would be extremely beneficial. He claims that he isn't allowed to show it any-more to westerners and that he doesn't want the fame involved if he where to prove it.Very dodgy even if you ignore the lack of empirical evidence. I doubt someone would have that ability without the disposition to share it.

Unbound

The western intellectual approach to "research" has always been contemptuous of attitudes of sacredness and tradition. The New Age idea that every teaching should be immediately available to everyone is thoroughly ignorant of the philosophy which is ingrained in many ancient teachings which teaches the responsibility of the power of knowledge. It is not unusual in the least for teachings to be denied to those who are not considered as adequate keepers of the knowledge by the masters who give the knowledge.

Also, I think it's a pretty big thing to offer oneself as "living proof" of any such thing, and the kind of experimentation that might be done on such an individual is rather unattractive to most with spiritual dispositions. Giving power away freely to just anyone has never been the mode of old wisdom.

Check out Master Zhou who was featured on Ripleys Believe It or Not, pretty amazing.

Being someone who has always been of the philosophy that "If you do things right, no one will know you've done anything at all." I more than understand the desire to remain outside the radar.
(05-21-2013, 01:30 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]The western intellectual approach to "research" has always been contemptuous of attitudes of sacredness and tradition. The New Age idea that every teaching should be immediately available to everyone is thoroughly ignorant of the philosophy which is ingrained in many ancient teachings which teaches the responsibility of the power of knowledge. It is not unusual in the least for teachings to be denied to those who are not considered as adequate keepers of the knowledge by the masters who give the knowledge.

Also, I think it's a pretty big thing to offer oneself as "living proof" of any such thing, and the kind of experimentation that might be done on such an individual is rather unattractive to most with spiritual dispositions. Giving power away freely to just anyone has never been the mode of old wisdom.

Check out Master Zhou who was featured on Ripleys Believe It or Not, pretty amazing.

Being someone who has always been of the philosophy that "If you do things right, no one will know you've done anything at all." I more than understand the desire to remain outside the radar.

A legit concern from the old traditions for the time they where created in but they have had 1000's of years keeping it under the surface, Western and Eastern man has changed so much for the better and there are many from the West now who can "understand" what they are trying to teach.

Eastern philosophies being revealed to westerners is hardly a new thing and is hardly dangerous to anyone. It's an old attitude that keeps things stagnant.

Perhaps when the sub-logos has balanced it's lower triad more things like this can come to light and be shared freely.
Sag, the time is almost here. Many have predicted the day. Magick and the metaphysical will soon be known as science.

By the end of our lifetimes, things shall change.

Unbound

(05-21-2013, 02:00 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 01:30 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]The western intellectual approach to "research" has always been contemptuous of attitudes of sacredness and tradition. The New Age idea that every teaching should be immediately available to everyone is thoroughly ignorant of the philosophy which is ingrained in many ancient teachings which teaches the responsibility of the power of knowledge. It is not unusual in the least for teachings to be denied to those who are not considered as adequate keepers of the knowledge by the masters who give the knowledge.

A legit concern from the old traditions for the time they where created in but they have had 1000's of years keeping it under the surface, Western and Eastern man has changed so much for the better and there are many from the West now who can "understand" what they are trying to teach.

Eastern philosophies being revealed to westerners is hardly a new thing and is hardly dangerous to anyone. It's an old attitude that keeps things stagnant.

Perhaps when the sub-logos has balanced it's lower triad more things like this can come to light and be shared freely.
Certainly, which is why most philosophies are available to westerners and easterners alike nowadays.

However, I personally don't feel that absolutely every individual is obligated to spread themselves as far as possible. Personally I would rather teach a few students who have genuine interest and dedication than to have a class of individuals only there for "proof".

I also don't feel it is fair to disregard the teaching traditions which go along with many philosophies simply because "it should be given to anyone", because that is really a slap in the face to the myriads of initiates, adepts and masters who dedicated entire lifetimes to their knowledge.

Why should anyone just be "entitled" to possess powerful knowledge?

I guess for me, a huge amount of my study and exploration on my spiritual path has been about the responsible use of power and the responsibility that comes with power, and so I have been all over the spectrum in regards to the spread of knowledge and wisdom.

It is my own personal experience and talking with numerous individuals that has given me the opinion that there was/is a function behind the esoteric sciences being, well, esoteric, beyond just secrecy and hiding the knowledge. I believe the sacredness and the "hiddenness" is a vital part of the knowledge itself.

(05-21-2013, 02:13 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Sag, the time is almost here. Many have predicted the day. Magick and the metaphysical will soon be known as science.

By the end of our lifetimes, things shall change.

Aha You know, I have had multiple people "read" me and say that they have gotten visions or impressions that I am going to play a large role in "changing the way the world thinks about and sees magic". Doing my best! Aha
Heh, Eternal, you have certainly evoked that in me in many ways. You're accomplishing your potential role well.

Plan on opening a magickal order one of these days that isn't dark and secretive? Tongue I'd join it.

Unbound

Yes, actually I would love to open a big, international school of metaphysical, spiritual and magical studies.
(05-21-2013, 03:39 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, actually I would love to open a big, international school of metaphysical, spiritual and magical studies.

I'll be on the look out. Cool

Aloneness

This is interesting.
While I was wishing for a thread to exist on Kung Fu, Qi Gong, Falungong, Tai Chi and every other analogy of the same concept; surprise caught me with respect to the title of the thread ^^.

I've studied martial arts and for the latter 6 years or so only Kung Fu. This has always been a deep passion of mine and I study/train even when I have breaks from monitored training.

As per somewhat usual I've fallen outside the systematic hierarchy for my specific club which I believe is, at some level, negative for the development of Kung Fu or what understanding this form of training brings.

This aside I've always wanted someone to ask some of our metaphysical buddies exactly what relation this type of training has with the Law of One.

My preconceptions are that exploring your physical limits of exhaustion and pain (in addition to trimming of the body vessel) helps our minds to become clear/empty of the trivial.

The sets through which you learn techniques are fairly varied and extensive, requiring absolute focus to be performed right and thus learned to the core of ones musculature and therefore take up residence in our conciousness/mind. Repetition is encouraged till this becomes instinctive and instantly brings clarity and helps visualization on an at-will basis. The knowledge gained just through our physical instills the choice of helping/dominance as you can more and more easily help/destroy due to a larger understand of self and other (still on a pure physical level).
This I believe advances the spiritual choices for each person making more available the polarization.

For the spiritually advanced training would harmonize the body by instilling a surety to our and others behaviour in physical form. It does not, to my knowledge, cement illusion unless you want to.

If anyone would like to fill in more; please do!

EDIT: Sorry about the rather disorganized post. Time is not always with me .

Aloneness

I went to a Master once, after a few pencak silat classes, he smiled and said "you're good".
He also said I ought to be trained. So, I really need a Master.
(05-21-2013, 03:39 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, actually I would love to open a big, international school of metaphysical, spiritual and magical studies.

I agree! What's with all the secrets throughout the years?
You may not believe the extent to which I have planned (10ish years) the opening of a magic school. Problem is, it needs to be out of the reach of land based authorities so either space/sea/underwater. With a cute mascot to prove the point of magic.

Some might say a Dragon mascot and a underwater home classify as a "rad place" for the headmaster/teacher of said facility to live.
Here is a very interesting video I discovered long ago of a man demonstrating 'Pyrokinesis'. I don't know if it is 100% legitimate, bit interesting nonetheless:

I know it is in Russian but in other sessions he describes his 'power' comes from the vibrating the sound of Chakras, hence the humming. He also mentions following the strict 9 month Breathatarinism diet (diet of consuming only energized liquids or nothing at all) to allow a clean flow of energy between the Chakras. He describes the consumption of food as using a cheap gas for a car, it might keep you going but overtime damages the vital parts.

I myself practice telekinesis from time to time (though the best I can do at the moment is tilt a little piece of paper, or slightly rotate it) what I found most closely effective in achieving such 'feats' as men above is frequently practicing Qi Ghong, and Qi breathing.

Bat

Seems like the real deal to me, he even passed the tests they gave him, even in different locations. If it was some simple trick they would have seen through it easy.

Unbound

(05-21-2013, 09:50 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]You may not believe the extent to which I have planned (10ish years) the opening of a magic school. Problem is, it needs to be out of the reach of land based authorities so either space/sea/underwater. With a cute mascot to prove the point of magic.

Some might say a Dragon mascot and a underwater home classify as a "rad place" for the headmaster/teacher of said facility to live.

Aha You always gotta take things to the extreme.

Kay, Im gonna learn to catch things on fire with my energy then get back to you guys.
(05-21-2013, 04:29 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 09:50 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]You may not believe the extent to which I have planned (10ish years) the opening of a magic school. Problem is, it needs to be out of the reach of land based authorities so either space/sea/underwater. With a cute mascot to prove the point of magic.

Aha You always gotta take things to the extreme.

Kay, Im gonna learn to catch things on fire with my energy then get back to you guys.

*huffs angrily*
I think alot of people has planned the very same thing. The desire for such a school to be is enough for the idea to transplant across many minds.

A simpler solution is to simply buy or recieve an island. There should a few out there still for sale, so to speak.

Naturally, this is a fairly clumsy method and invites trouble. The witch-hunt has still not subsided since medieval times; only changed its expression. As postulated, such a school still has to be out of reach from common hands.

Another solution to this problem is separation. Use digital communication for theory/information. Any easily repeated move/posture can be video'd and put up. Any and all advanced knowledge goes through physical meetings which require a relatively even distribution of knowledge to accomodate most of the world in service. Changing places of practice is somewhat bad for advanced practice as such but when reaching a level where fixed locations become more of a necessity then the student probably no longer has desire to 'out' secrets.

The absolutely largest problem with locations and setup is the background fear. Being mindful of location because of external forces/witch hunt portrays/paints a general fear across the whole project.

A radical solution would be to place localities where possible, claim religious rights where possible and never speak of absolutes. What happens is always at the discrimination of the participants and they should at all times be concious of possible dangers which polarization and teach/learning of the broader 'reality' or state of being which we experience.

To never ask for payment and never claim miraculous healing will help easing the fear of general public in regards to practice.

This, in all and any cases, requires large quantities of various resource. Foremost generosity, I believe.
Can't wait to go to Not Sure's magic school and take his class on magical symbolism in Anime.
(05-22-2013, 10:43 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to go to Not Sure's magic school and take his class on magical symbolism in Anime.

You may end up waiting for a very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY long time.
good thing my soul is eternal. Smile
But is Not Sure and Spaced.
I read about Atlantis they would transform animals to have human faces, and that this was very painful to the animal, and would cause it to be quite upset. They misused their powers. I think my dog looks beautiful as he is. I can't imagine trying to change him to have a human face, especially if it caused him pain.

(05-22-2013, 11:09 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]good thing my soul is eternal. Smile

With an eternal soul comes a greater responsibility.
Pages: 1 2