Bring4th

Full Version: What is/what inspired your avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://marvel.wikia.com/One-Above-All_%28Multiverse%29

Apparently responsible for the existence of all life in the Multiverse and possibly beyond, the One-Above-All is the master and sole superior of the cosmic overseer and arbitrator known as the Living Tribunal.

When the pregnant Susan Storm feared for her husband's possible death at the hands of the "all-powerful" Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher tells her that there is only one being that is truly "all-powerful", and that "His only weapon...is love!"

Tongue
Mine is homemade by my girlfriend =)

Aloneness

Home. Shy
The white lotus (nelumbo nucifera) is a symbol of purity, beauty, infinite compassion and spiritual perfection.

The lotus is also found in the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" (Hail the Jewel in the Lotus) which is a prayer/mantra of infinite compassion and unity given by bodhisattva Avalokitasvara.

A Buddhist Rinpoche gave me this symbol when I visited Doi Suthep Temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand, many years ago.
Don't have one now.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Pip.html pip to angel pip right now.
Alex Grey. Nuff said.

Oh alright: "In the Bright Mirror eyes of the Beloved whose flaming filigree skin is a tapestry of spinning galaxies, we melt and know the ONE is all there is, ever has been and ever will be."

http://alexgrey.com/art/paintings/soul/one/
My avatar is a baby gorilla with this afro thing going on. It represents the godhead - the ultimate in everything. (A Buddhist rinpoche gave me this symbol when I visited Doi Suthep Temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand)
I'm a furry, and my avatar is the head of my fursona, drawn by a talented artist. Furry means I identify with anthropomorphic animals, in particular the wolf.
I can't find my owl avatar so temporarily placing a peacock's feather, which has no meaning unless I choose to put one.
I saw this sun on an astrology site and thought it was cute Smile

I have a feeling I'm going to change it again soon though.
Mine is the spaceship that I work on.
It has a heart of gold.
(05-27-2013, 04:19 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is the spaceship that I work on.
It has a heart of gold.
what happened to the meditation pose?

Brittany

A chunk of the Orion Nebula.

Ashim, you work on/in the Vatican? :-P
(05-27-2013, 04:22 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 04:19 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is the spaceship that I work on.
It has a heart of gold.
what happened to the meditation pose?

No need to pose any more.
Top marks for your powers of observation zen.

Brittany

I guess I could clarify and say that I want to show that Orion is not a name owned by a bunch of conquistadors. This is the true Orion- a most beautiful space tapestry, and a locale that inspires an unknown longing in my heart.
(05-27-2013, 04:25 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]A chunk of the Orion Nebula.

Ashim, you work on/in the Vatican? :-P

LOL!
No but what is displayed in the Vatican gardens may represent something else.
I did spend 14 years in the area that Joseph Ratzinger grew up - Marktl am Inn, in Bavaria.
Hey Ashim, did you see the new Star Trek movie? I thought it was funny that the first scene took place on a planet called Nibiru Tongue
(05-27-2013, 04:36 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ashim, did you see the new Star Trek movie? I thought it was funny that the first scene took place on a planet called Nibiru Tongue

Yeh, is was ok.
I laughed out loud during the first scene on 'Nibiru'........
I hope J.J gets his stuff together for the new star wars....he should calm down with those lens flares.
It's just that there is so much happening on the screen that you can't take it all in. The producers have watched the movie so often that they usually make it too fast and pack in too many elements.
I actually prefer watching flicks on the small screen now because it does not overwhelm me -visually or acoustically.
Still, good film.
Captain 'Circe'. LOL!
(05-27-2013, 04:46 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 04:36 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ashim, did you see the new Star Trek movie? I thought it was funny that the first scene took place on a planet called Nibiru Tongue

Yeh, is was ok.
I hope J.J gets his stuff together for the new star wars....he should calm down with those lens flares.
It's just that there is so much happening on the screen that you can't take it all in. The producers have watched the movie so often that they usually make it too fast and pack in too many elements.
I actually prefer watching flicks on the small screen now because it does not overwhelm me -visually or acoustically.
Still, good film.
Captain 'Circe'. LOL!

Yeah I agree, it was a little over stimulating visually. The sets were really nice, but everything was moving so fast and there were so many lens flares that I had a hard time enjoying it.
(05-27-2013, 04:50 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 04:46 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeh, is was ok.
Still, good film.
Captain 'Circe'. LOL!

Yeah I agree, it was a little over stimulating visually. The sets were really nice, but everything was moving so fast and there were so many lens flares that I had a hard time enjoying it.

You know, every time I watch a new sci fi flick I am reminded of the genius of Kubrick.
That guy had it together.
Big time.
(05-27-2013, 08:53 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]My avatar is a baby gorilla with this afro thing going on. It represents the godhead - the ultimate in everything. (A Buddhist rinpoche gave me this symbol when I visited Doi Suthep Temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand)

Were you in the same Buddhist Temple as Wai??

(05-27-2013, 03:53 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find my owl avatar so temporarily placing a peacock's feather, which has no meaning unless I choose to put one.

Ra, 90.16 Wrote:Each Logos desires to create a more eloquent expression of experience of the Creator by the Creator. The archetypical mind is intended to heighten this ability to express the Creator in patterns more like the fanned peacock’s tail, each facet of the Creator vivid, upright, and shining with articulated beauty.

One of my favourites... Smile
(05-27-2013, 05:01 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 08:53 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]My avatar is a baby gorilla with this afro thing going on. It represents the godhead - the ultimate in everything. (A Buddhist rinpoche gave me this symbol when I visited Doi Suthep Temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand)

Yeah, I was there last month - quite the touristy area.

Unbound

Its me with a party mask! Aha
Mine is a digital painting I made in late 2011 as a contemporary tribute to Horus, hawk god of the Egyptians, their kingdom and the sky. You can see the whole thing here if you're curious Smile
Thanks vervex. I found your avatar to be rather attractive, and was wondering about it.
(05-27-2013, 07:17 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, the whole Thailand is quite a touristy area, but still - I think it's cool that you were in the same Temple as another member and also received a picture from a monk, and now that you both use these pictures as your avatars on Bring4th.
(05-27-2013, 10:33 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks vervex. I found your avatar to be rather attractive, and was wondering about it.

Thank you Gemini, glad you like it Smile
"The origin of suffering is attachment."
(05-28-2013, 01:42 AM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]"The origin of suffering is attachment."

The origin of existence is attachment. Origin of suffering is existence.
(05-28-2013, 12:50 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 07:17 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
Well, the whole Thailand is quite a touristy area, but still - I think it's cool that you were in the same Temple as another member and also received a picture from a monk, and now that you both use these pictures as your avatars on Bring4th.
Was totally joking about receiving avatar from a monk. Not joking about being in the same temple. Interestingly though, For what it's worth, at one time I did see a lotus when interacting with a shaman..
Pages: 1 2