Bring4th

Full Version: Choose Now Your Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

He who lives the life shall know the doctrine.

[Image: Choose_zpsfdf0e114.jpg]

"Those who follow the path of faith or the heart, use water, and are known as the Sons of Seth while those who follow the path of mind and action are the Children of Cain, who was the son of Samael, the Spirit of Fire."

"There are those who have for ages labored with man to help him to kindle within himself this spark, which is his divine birthright. It is these who by their lives of self-sacrifice and service have awakened and tended this fire, and who through ages of study have learned the mystery it contained, that we now call the "Initiates of the Flame."

"They have shown us the way, they have led man to the gateway of the unknown, and there in their robes of glory passed be- hind the Veil. Their lives were the key to their wisdom, as it must always be. They have gone, but in history they stand, milestones on the road of human progress. Let us watch these mighty ones as they pass silently by.

First, Orpheus, playing upon the seven stringed lyre of his own being, the music of the spheres.

Then Hermes, the thrice greatest, with his emerald tablet of divine revelation. Through the shades of the past we dimly see Krishna, the illuminated, who on the battle- field of life taught man the mysteries of his own soul.

Then we see the sublime Buddha, his yellow robe not half so glorious as the heart it covered, and our own dear Master, the man Jesus, his head surrounded with a halo of Golden Flame, and his brow serene with the calm of mastery.

Then Mohammed, Zoroaster, Confu- cius, Odin, and Moses, and others no less worthy pass by before the eyes of the student.

They were the Sons of Flame. From the Flame they came, and to the Flame they have returned. To us they beckon, and bid us join them, and in our robes of self -earned glory to serve the Flame they love.

They were without creed or clan ; they served but the one great ideal. From the same place they all came, and to the same place they have returned. There was no superiority there. Hand in hand they labor for humanity. Each loves the other, for the power that has made them masters has shown them the Brother- hood of all life."

http://archive.org/stream/initiatesofflame00hall - The Initiates of the Flame by Manly P. Hall
Since when is comfort a bad thing.

Unbound

It is not that comfort is a bad thing, but rather the pursuit of comfort can often lead to making choices which only serve the comfort of the individual, while there may be other choices that are less comfortable but more beneficial to the whole.

To me, the 'Elite' that supposedly own the world are very comfortable in their power and their power is used to gain themselves more comfort at the cost of others.

Also, comfort can quickly lead to complacency and apathy towards the situations of others. When comfortable, how many are willing to break that comfort for the greater good?
Is it like me choosing to stay on disability vs working when the work would be hard for me, would be pursuing comfort of the individual in a selfish manner? I'm debating whether I can work, or would need to stay on disability (schizophrenia).

Unbound

Aha, no certainly not! There is a difference between pursuing constant comfort, and making a choice for the good of one's health.

If you did not have any issues, no medical challenges, and no problems with working, yet chose to take disabilities so you could avoid having to do anything, that would be a selfish pursuit of comfort. Basically, doing things just for the sake of easy comfort no matter the cost to others.

I have not ever seen you say anything which would suggest you do so aha You seek peace and balance, not comfort even if comfort can come from peace and balance.

There is nothing wrong with comfort or being comfortable, I quite cherish it myself, however choosing a path that clings to comfort as a priority and attachment will quickly lead someone to serve only themselves and their comfort.
I don't think self-service is bad. It's a foundation. Taking from others, generally, is bad.
(05-29-2013, 04:32 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Since when is comfort a bad thing.

I would say that comfort itself is static, and is a self perpetual state of existence only allowing that which is within the confines perceived to be 'tolerable' to the Ego personality structure, whilst rejecting all else. In essence it only allows for choices within this Box, even if it may prove vastly positive or of benefit to said individual in the long run, but they will never know there is something better, because they were too 'comfortable to try'. Rather, see it as Fear being masked and tamed, with the illusion being shattered upon Fear rising to the surface when being offered something outside of said box. Controlled experience is boring (to me), and as a result one may never walk forth into the seeming darkness to find the light.

We all know Infinity cannot be contained, for it is all things, and so it is rather the Box that is confined within Infinity. 'God' is never comfortable, which is precisely the reason you exist! It is precisely the opposing force, shedding light on the dichotomies of creation. If the Creator was content it would not explore all potentials, and there would be no seeking experience, for it would see no benefit or need. The energy of the Creator translates into the Body Complex as one of excitement, one that sees opportunity in the seemingly inopportune, one that bursts forth through all things, sees beauty in the ugly, the perfection in the imperfection, comprehending the seemingly incomprehensible. It is the drive within each of us to strive for even more, to want to try more, to experience more, even if it results in a seemingly negative experience. It is the playful innocence of the Child, the one that wants to explore the world, to not be bound by the Boxes it has been given, but to live life to the fullest. Yes, there may be pain, there may be loss, and there may even be heartache, but by God the journey would be worth it.

Similarly, the God core part of your being was and is excited to experience this incarnation, even if you on the surface may not necessarily be aware of it. To simply be alive and experience the world with the illusion of being a separate entity; to have the opportunity to experience touch, taste, smell, sound, vision etc on an intimate level is a beautiful thing to behold. Yet at the same time, one cannot help but wonder given the context if there would be any point if one was too content in their box prior to incarnation, or rather did not incarnate because they feared the experience of pain, yet ignoring the thousand more pleasurable sensations which would have resulted from the exploration.

My point comes full circle back to the statement mentioned in the first paragraph. STS is ultimately based upon taming/control of all things through Fear rather than acceptance of all things through Love, and this is exemplified in seeking comfort for it implies there is Fear to seek beyond ones comfort levels, hence the imaginary line. There is evolution through comfort however, for if it were not so there would not be any negative harvests, but this is controlled, not spontaneous (Or rather the experience of such).

Would it be great if you knew what every single present contained before you opened it? Nay, for It would no longer be a surprise, and that is half the fun! In the context of what your present situation I would contemplate as to the motivating drive behind your decisions. Is it a fear of going back to work, or a genuine deep knowing to stay in your current position? Do you enjoy your work, or is it a fear or something new?

Live within the Now, and love each moment for that is all that exists. Do not look to the future or how you will be supported, just know that you will be, but at the same time do what you need to do in the physical to care and love your Body. Is there something you enjoy doing? Do it. The label of 'Schizophrenia' is a box other people place on you, with conditional attachments stating Do's and Dont's, but you can choose to experience something different. To alleviate 'fears' you may consider trialling employment with the option of returning to benefits if you are unable to do so. There is no judgement of 'moral high ground' in either path, and there are always options. We are all here.

Let me say there us no judgement from anyone for either choice, for there are no right and wrong wrongs, only experience. These things only you can say for yourself, but be empowered by your decisions, rather than at the mercy of them.
I'm sort of at a crossroads. I could probably work, but don't want to. We'll see on Monday, as I'll be part time for the first month back.

I'm making my choice as it pertains to the end of life review. When I am reviewing this life, I don't want to have taken the easier path just because it was easier. But then again, I have a hard time giving presentations and filling out end of the year reviews. Plus I am worried sometimes about my job. They do layoffs, and I don't want to be one of them. Disability would provide some protection against that. I mean just yesterday I was overcome with sadness, so I am somewhat unstable.
Have you guys read Consolation in Philosophy by Boethius? Manly P Hall talked about this in his lecture "Love of Truth" (personal favorite). Boethius was imprisoned due to his works, his ideas. While waiting to be executed in his dungeon cell, Boethius laments the loss of his fortune (bc Lady Fortune is fickle), his freedom etc. The muse of poetry helps him to express his grief & loss via very depressing poetry. Then one day Lady Philosophy (or Truth) appears before him and offers Boethius her services as he had faithfully served her and others with his work.

Losing all comforts afforded to him via society - wealth, acclaim, respect, social position, freedom to do his work - he sits in death row with his lament over the loss of his fortune. He's first comforted by his muse thru depressing poetry, then by Lady Philosophy who teaches him about the world and nature of existence etc. He found another type of comfort, in the very thing which he shared via his service to others (his wisdom). So Manly said, that which you faithfully served will serve you until the very 'end'. Seems like the characters - muse of poetry, lady fortune, and lady philosophy were almost like the catalyst archetypes but this may not be accurate (Empress, Fortune, Hope/Faith/Star). Beautiful story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0jlBCte-c
There is a third choice. Indifference. There's nothing wrong with that option. Some people need or want more time learning than others. Sometimes it can be helpful to repeat a grade rather than push an unwilling student to the next level.

Besides, the indifferent lot provide us wanderers with job security! Smile
(05-29-2013, 06:22 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]There is a third choice. Indifference. There's nothing wrong with that option. Some people need or want more time learning than others. Sometimes it can be helpful to repeat a grade rather than push an unwilling student to the next level.

You're mocking me, aren't you?

Unbound

Aha I'm pretty sure he was just filling in a point that I did not mention. Tongue
(05-29-2013, 06:27 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2013, 06:22 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]There is a third choice. Indifference. There's nothing wrong with that option. Some people need or want more time learning than others. Sometimes it can be helpful to repeat a grade rather than push an unwilling student to the next level.

You're mocking me, aren't you?

No! Ra talks about the sinkhole of indifference. I thought you used the phrase "neutrality" for your philosophy and distinguished it from Ra's sinkhole of indifference.

Sorry if I hurt you unintentionally!
(05-29-2013, 06:39 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]No! Ra talks about the sinkhole of indifference.

I have always loved that expression.

Sinkhole. Of. Indifference.

<wrinkles nose a bit>

sounds like a smelly hole BigSmile
Also, there's nothing wrong with taking more or less time to decide to choose.

I'm sure there's always pertinent lessons that can be learned in 3rd dimension. And if you don't have any more lessons to learn, then you'll have ample opportunity to help others the longer you stay in 3d.

Aloneness

It feels like choosing to stay or go home.
With my stomach aches I've been having, I'd rather go home. Hopefully the doctor today can determine the issue.

Unbound

Is it really so dreadful here? It makes me so sad to see so many people suffering...
Also, I like the Nazi symbols on the corners lol. I hear that's another symbol for infinity.

Unbound

Oh my, the swastika is much older than Nazism, and represents the wheel of time, vortexes and the movement of the universe, among other things. Such a shame it was corrupted so much by the Nazi's use of it in its counter-clockwise form. Makes me sad to see such a beautiful symbol associated with such things.

From wikipedia:

"It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke shakti or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness. The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good" or "auspicious," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good". Or another translation can be made: "swa" is "higher self", "asti" meaning "being", and "ka" as a suffix, so the translation can be interpreted as "being with higher self"."