Bring4th

Full Version: Is Earth dreadful?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-30-2013, 03:34 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Is it really so dreadful here? It makes me so sad to see so many people suffering...

Is it?

As for my opinion:

I get depressed very easily myself but I've discovered when I force myself to do something challenging like go for a walk, talk to somebody or even play a video game life suddenly seems like the best thing ever.

I think this archetype holds the answer: Experience.

[Image: h1Rph.jpg]

I think it's the sinkhole of indifference that leads to depression. This is a sudden realization but, yeah, we're here to make choices. So go out there and do things involving choice and experience. I need to do more of it myself.
It takes effort to learn, something a lot of people avoid.
Loaded question lol.
I for myself enjoy this place very much. When I meet a new challenge, small or big, I might go through a temporary discomfort but it's always worth it. I find that the human race as a whole tends to overcomplicate things a lot but I wouldn't describe it as dreadful. Challenging is the right word, followed by rewarding.
I don't find Earth dreadful. I've got an ok life, albeit with some health issues mental and physical. But it's nothing like what Carla goes through, so I count my blessings. It is challenging, but that's how I build polarity, that will be useful in 4D. And at my end of life review, I want to say that I worked hard. Now while Earth isn't dreadful in my experience, I don't see it as home.

Aloneness

It's mostly confusing.
Not really. Its dreadfully boring and safe to the extent where people start to flip out and invent imagined wars and terrors and threats instead of enjoying the calm they could enjoy.

In fact, if anything we could use a large global danger so that people start to enjoy the freedom they have and stop these BS wars and intra-human conflicts.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. But I prefer to tell people that on a galactic scale, we are on the top 1-3 percent of safety / calmness / quality of life and a massive number of other sentients have to work to provide us with this level.

Aloneness

(05-30-2013, 09:14 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. Its dreadfully boring and safe to the extent where people start to flip out and invent imagined wars and terrors and threats instead of enjoying the calm they could enjoy.

In fact, if anything we could use a large global danger so that people start to enjoy the freedom they have and stop these BS wars and intra-human conflicts.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. But I prefer to tell people that on a galactic scale, we are on the top 1-3 percent of safety / calmness / quality of life and a massive number of other sentients have to work to provide us with this level.

I wish I didn't feel absolutely infuriated by your post but I do.
Are you on the same totally unfair planet? Where is this freedom you speak of?
I love this planet personally Tongue
(05-30-2013, 10:30 AM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2013, 09:14 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. Its dreadfully boring and safe to the extent where people start to flip out and invent imagined wars and terrors and threats instead of enjoying the calm they could enjoy.

Lack of freedom only applies if you believe them when they say they can catch if you you break their rules.

Aloneness

(05-30-2013, 10:40 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2013, 10:30 AM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]

Lack of freedom only applies if you believe them when they say they can catch if you you break their rules.

What do you mean? Who are they? What rules?
Exactly, what rules are there against your freedom? I see none and I see you holding yourself in a state of less than perfect freedom. And only you.

Aloneness

(05-30-2013, 10:48 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, what rules are there against your freedom? I see none and I see you holding yourself in a state of less than perfect freedom. And only you.

I feel quite free in my mind/body/spirit complex RollEyes but that doesn't pay the rent and stuff.
It does if you wish for it to.

Brittany

It is what you make of it. I think it's quite wonderful.

Aloneness

(05-30-2013, 11:00 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]It does if you wish for it to.

Yes, I actually believe that it does and I love this planet so damn much it kinda hurts at times, we have to balance our relationship a bit I guess.
It's difficult to have nobody around who feels the same way and that may sound awfully selfpity-ish, it's not particularly easy to see people struggle. I don't know anybody who's not afraid to dream, big dreams.
correction, you always have "them" around (since you are alone) but that the real question is "what is it in me that makes me unable or unwilling to see the other selves that want to love me".

Point being, dont make yourself more lovable, make yourself better at accepting already existing love for who you are.

Aloneness

.. I'll have to think about that. Thank you.
Weirdest experience in learning how all selves I EVER meet are just trying to love me was being taken for a ride by a 5th density negative and being returned to 4th density starting negative where I was picked up by 6th density positives and lead back to 3rd density neutral. Along the same time (or some time after) I was writing a sci-fi story about a galaxy with 4 gods of chaos that represent the 4 base desires and a "god emperor" that rules all sentient humanoid men in the galaxy thats been at war for 10.000 years that is finally unifying post war (wh40k storyline fan-fiction where the war ends and peace resumes).

When I was writing It I had to trip intensely (use a lot of delics) to try to get inside the minds of entities like Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeench. While they may sound like small things. They are, in their own respective logoi, gods beyond gods and represent the primal distortions of the fabric of reality itself, entities of the warp. I spent days studying how such creatures would love, be loved and how the existence of such creatures maybe ended in the act of love so as to liberate that logoi from its prison.

The story ended up being 80 A4 pages long.

It taught me a great deal about love.

Learn that all are just trying to learn to love you, and you'll do fine.

Aloneness

(05-30-2013, 11:42 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Weirdest experience in learning how all selves I EVER meet are just trying to love me was being taken for a ride by a 5th density negative and being returned to 4th density starting negative where I was picked up by 6th density positives and lead back to 3rd density neutral. Along the same time (or some time after) I was writing a sci-fi story about a galaxy with 4 gods of chaos that represent the 4 base desires and a "god emperor" that rules all sentient humanoid men in the galaxy thats been at war for 10.000 years that is finally unifying post war (wh40k storyline fan-fiction where the war ends and peace resumes).

When I was writing It I had to trip intensely (use a lot of delics) to try to get inside the minds of entities like Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeench. While they may sound like small things. They are, in their own respective logoi, gods beyond gods and represent the primal distortions of the fabric of reality itself, entities of the warp. I spent days studying how such creatures would love, be loved and how the existence of such creatures maybe ended in the act of love so as to liberate that logoi from its prison.

The story ended up being 80 A4 pages long.

It taught me a great deal about love.

Learn that all are just trying to learn to love you, and you'll do fine.

This is how my brain works. Read; words, words, words. Oh my god, they're going to kill me.
See, I'm very good at pretending to be brave and all. But! I'm sure I'll do fine. lol.
Okay let me paraphrase that to a more human friendly form.

I helped a neighbouring galaxy in time/space end a war that has been going on for 10.000 years by learning to love the 4 basic principles of corrupted thought.

Anger.

Mutation/decay.

Secrecy/plotting.

Distortions of beauty.

Total story is 80 pages.

Aloneness

Got it. Thanks! BigSmile
(05-30-2013, 12:16 PM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]Got it. Thanks! BigSmile

Also not the first, best or only major Logoi I've helped in such a way, but is the first that I wrote out to such a detail myself instead of "Playing through it" with the help of said logos.

Best logos help was Babylon 5 (no longer ongoing but logos continues to grow at normal pace)

Newest and most graphically pleasing was Mass Effect (still ongoing, logos growth slower but predicted to be steady for indefinite future)

Personally involved and intimate was Chrono series (still ongoing but growth exceptionally slow as dreamscape time approaches infinity)

There are a few others but these I can communicate with and draw a fairly clear logos separation boundary between so I would call them "individual spinning systems of thought orbitting in the void of no thought"

Would love to share if anyone finds them interesting. Usually they dont.

Aloneness

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Plus, I like girly stuff.
I think there has to be some uniquely valuable about the Earth experience past just learning a lot in a short period of time.

I mean, I could, with a lot of pain and suffering and a lower chance of success, study for a bar exam in 4 days if I wanted to be masochistic, but it makes a lot more sense to study a month and half and be relaxed about the affair rather than pulling 3 all nighters cramming.

And since time is an illusion there would be no reason not to learn at a slower pace, especially if its more comfortable, and especially since 3D is already much shorter than the higher densities anyway.

This train of thought leads me to believe there is something we can experience here on Earth that is uniquely different than what can be experienced elsewhere in the galaxy.

p.s. Not Sure: Babylon 5 & Warhammer rock Smile. I've love to hear more, especially about both, but especially about B5. Probably my favorite sci-fi flick.
I love life on planet Earth. We are utterly free and are presented with just enough hindrance to develop today. Tomorrow, hunger could be ended, should we chose to.

The fact that it isn't ending shows we have some experiences left to be learned but blah-di-blah-di-blah-di-nothing-new.

Related, however, is that Earth is a spawning ground for 'new'. Our bodies working as fortresses of solitude for the unaware and many aware alike produces powerful creative newness which would never ever have seen the light of day, so to speak.

I would like to offer the idea that the Chaos Gods of 40K work as a new perspective to archetypes of mind along with The Horned One (in older litterature also known as the Great Devourer or Eater of Worlds), The Laughing God and the Emperor.

I may be missing some archetypes but I'm fairly certain they are mirrors of a different archetypical setup, functioning in the same ways we've been taught from local examples.
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/w...rk.192983/ whole story that I wrote about wh40k.

Quote:In general the idea is good but I would prefer to go much more in detail about the dialogue between the main chars, their motivations, the dialogue with the Eldar in the galactic core, and specifically the end dialogues with the Chaos Gods as well as something resembling more of a traditional dialogue with the Tyranid. Perhaps in the form of "battle dance".

I view the Tyranid as representing more the external force of sexuality or death in birth upon the construct of the mind that the WH40K world represents while the Eye of chaos represent more of the centralized point of being. Similarly to how our north pole is different in geographic and magnetic ways. The warp "north pole" might be seen as the eye of terror and the south pole as the Tyranids. Towards that end the theory I have is that to connect the Tyranids that represent in their totality of being most the carnal sexuality, and the Chaos Gods and the warp which represent more in their refined form the ultimate refined sexuality or individuated beings of existence repeating in the void, would be to connect the "north pole" and the "south pole" of this plane of thought upon which the WH40K world exists.

Our world equivalent might be to seat Dawkins and a miracle performing Jesus at the same table. Or seating Obama and 6 months dead OBL at the same table next to a miracle performing Jesus. Either way, it would certainly produce something never before seen.

Towards that end I thought that the entry of the Nid's into the world would change the flow of the Emperors plans and thus he would eventually conclude that while he may never be able to defeat Horus, his mirror side and the force of chaos. And that he may never be intended to do so by the nature of reality and the birth of chaos itself. He can ensure that the worst does not happen, and that is that after he dies that Chaos would be capable of overwhelming everything.

This is only possible if worship itself is removed as a credible energy.

From that, starts the chain of events where the Emperor contacts the chapter master. From that the idea is that the Emperor is as uncertain as to the outcome of what happens next but that the concept of destroying the totality of chaos is important enough that the emperor can sacrifice one legion to verify his theory. And that the CM knows that even if it is a Chaos corruption, he still has enough time to help the Emperor and the Imperium verify if what is now possible is truly a new form of corruption or something else entirely.

As events unfold from there it becomes obvious that it maybe possible to prevent the death of trillions, with the death of hundreds billions. At this state there is no longer any question of corruption but rather, is the willpower of the CM sufficient to not only transcend demon-hood, but transcend the need for demon-hood as well as the need to continue to exist as the top demon afterwards. And thus challenge the very concept of the eternal struggle.

So the CM is guaranteed to enter the presence of all the gods. And within him he carries the spirit of the God-Emperor and wills himself to death even at the apex of all power in the universe. In the end turning the story into a kind of allegory of the power of the creative mind in immersion into the source material and the existence of the Gods of Chaos in our own world as well through the miracle of "the warp".

I wonder how many people got, at all, what I was trying to say.
I've always loved the Warhammer 40K universe Tongue
Its so good for writing out "astral encounters"