Bring4th

Full Version: What's you assessment of Drunvalo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the '90s, I really enjoyed the book:

Nothing in this book is True

Bob Frissel wrote it.
The sequel was also excellent: Something in this book is true.

Frissel introduced me to Drunvalo. I was intrigued. However, when I started reading Drunvalo, I noticed his penchant for exaggerating.

I took a one-day seminar with him in 2001. It was pretty good. By then, I had an awareness of how his personality, which is very likable, tends to exaggerate many topics. He did that for much of the day, and it was still enjoyable. However, I stopped paying attention to anything he's said since then. So yesterday, I checked out his latest interview on Youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0HEBiq3XHs

He makes a lot of great points... and he still has the same tendency.

I think his nature is to activate humanoids with really intense information
that could help wake up sleeping humanoids.

The truth is, things really are intense and fragile. Humanity is extremely vulnerable.

So he discusses the predictions of the native american elders. They're anticipating chaos. And there are scientists who are anticipate a pole reversal, where the north and south pole will trade places. Within a few years or Drunvalo quoted: "It could happen any minute"

Val Valarian (published the Matrix series, which includes LOO content)
is good friends with Drunvalo. So I checked out his Leading Edge Research site, and noticed that he doesn't expect the internet to remain viable much longer.

Solar Flares are at maximum, and that can mess up all of our electronics.

We're in times of uncertainty, and getting conscious is critical. Duh.

Most of his message is very positive. He just can't stop exaggerating.

However, maybe the world is about to shift drastically. We can't change fast enough, so there is some type of time-table... I just don't think anyone knows how long we have. My guess is that it will take until 2050
for the population to drop to one billion. And it will be difficult.
I have always felt that his material is so positively oriented as to be harmful to most people in the pit of indifference the same way that too positive light burns.

Having not read it and going on intuition here.
I personally like Drunvalo but I take his doomsday predictions with a grain of salt. He has good advice, provides techniques for people who like their spirituality broken into step by step instructions (I'm more of an intuitive and into visualization when it comes to that, but I see the value of his work), and he has very interesting experiences to talk about. But when it comes to pole shifts and electricity failure, I usually listen but dismiss it quickly. The way I see it is, even if it does happen someday, there is nothing I can do to prevent it so there is no use worrying about it now. I am also hopeful that we will not need to go through that to better ourselves as a race.
I've maybe seen like an hour of youtube videos about him, and I get a positive vibe from him.

I don't know if that applies to all of his messages, or predictions, however.
Never resonated with him. He seems like the classic example of someone channeling negative entities thinking they are positive.
Anyone who predicts the end of internet is...well, definitely living in a different reality than I do.
College students all around the world can create chipsets complicated enough so that they can run a barebones unix system. Which is enough to set up an internet in a matter of days even if we assume that some solar flare activity or pole shift or whatever is suddenly going to destroy ANY and ALL electronics.

Besides, we have electromagnetic fields as well. Kinda weird to cry for our machines while assuming that in such case, we would not be affected immensely. But internet... it is the genie that is out of the bottle. No Illuminati, no global superpower, no alien intervention is going to take that away from humanity, even if it wanted to.

Unbound

I haven't read any of his books but I did take an Awakening the Illuminated Heart workshop a couple years ago and it was awesome, very genuine and helped me connect to and activate my Merkaba. I was invited to partake in the teacher training which would enable me to meet Drunvalo personally, and I am still undecided whether or not I might pursue that.
Anything powerful enough to fry the internet (powerful enough to fry the root electrical / information transmission network nodes throughout most of the world including backups) will most likely be powerful enough to fry the atmosphere altogether and not need worry from us. Considering that unless you make it strong enough that EM protected military facilities as well as civilian facilities are destroyed as well. You'll have a new net up in a few weeks. Problem is that its not entirely impossible that we'll see a solar flare that fries the entire atmosphere. But thats not about the internet is it.
It seems that he preaches a 'One Way' doctrine of needing to have consciously activated your merkaba to ascend.

The paths of man are infinite in variation and there is no 'One Way'. A teacher may for clarity's sake only focus on his way, but there are many ways and our higher self will guide us ultimately in the best way for us personally.
Actually, this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1989_...etic_storm fried electrics on ground and in orbit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859 also messed up telegraph system completely.

We seem to have survived so I assume we don't know everything about these occurences.
there's a good bio of Drunvalo here, with some facts and places:

http://www.maureenstgermain.com/AboutDrunvalo.html

he talks about meeting his Angels here:

Quote:Then, one day, after practicing meditation for about four or five months, two tall angels about ten feet high appeared in our room! They were right there.

One was green and one was purple. We could see through their transparent bodies, but they were definitely there. We did not expect this appearance to take place. We were just following the instructions that our Hindu teacher was giving us. I don't believe he fully understood as he kept asking us many questions and he didn't seem to understand either. From that moment on, my life was never the same. It wasn't even close.

to be honest, I loved his Flower of Life material and presentations, but the whole 'Angel' teacher thing left me a bit cold. Is this guy nutters or what?

and then ...

I had my own experience with Two Solar Angels, and I sort of had to withdraw my previous scepticism BigSmile

peace mr beyond.

- -

oh, as for 'assessment' ... I would say he is 'guided' and in touch with extra-human sources. But I wouldn't vouch for the total purity of those sources.

(05-30-2013, 11:18 AM)untilbeyond Wrote: [ -> ]Most of his message is very positive. He just can't stop exaggerating.

he may be exaggerating ... he may be just transmitting what he has been told. I'm not in a position to say either way Smile
I'm certain he has had amazing experiences. His main teacher was Thoth. I think this guy had kept the same body for over 50,000 years, until he
ascended in 1994 if I remember correctly. I would freakin' love to have a teacher who had it together enough to sustain a third dimensional body
for 50,000 years. Once I heard a few dozen stories that were beyond awesome, I realized that although Drunvalo has a wonderful heart, I cannot
believe any of his claims or stories. I still find him very likable. Just not credible. Exaggeration might not be the best word to summarize his M.O.

He makes a living from disseminating spiritual information. The awesome stories, and I don't mean seeing angels - that's a basic and common - the awesome
stories help to establish him as an authority figure in the overall domain or theme of raising consciousness. These stories allowed his public identity to rise above
the fray of spiritual authors who still need their day job. DM succeeded in converting his hobby into career. He did what it took to get his income where he needed it
to be, doing the work he enjoys most. Without the beyond awesome stories, he never would've been able to leave his day job..... and I am only guessing here, regarding
the motivation to fabricate spectacular stories such as having a teacher who kept a body for 50,000 years until ascending 19 years ago. That's why I asked y'all for your
assessments. Thank you. It's so nice to have some community around these difficult topics that the mainstream will never explore. -M
(05-31-2013, 08:17 AM)untilbeyond Wrote: [ -> ]He makes a living from disseminating spiritual information. The awesome stories, and I don't mean seeing angels - that's a basic and common - the awesome
stories help to establish him as an authority figure in the overall domain or theme of raising consciousness. These stories allowed his public identity to rise above
the fray of spiritual authors who still need their day job. DM succeeded in converting his hobby into career. He did what it took to get his income where he needed it
to be, doing the work he enjoys most. Without the beyond awesome stories, he never would've been able to leave his day job.....

Hi M,

I understand your point. A lot of spiritual figures cop the same criticism - that the information offered by the Creator freely, should be shared by the Creator equally freely.

apart from selling books, how else to make an income? they often do workshops and seminars for the dedicated adherents (pricey weekend getaways), or sell their own dvd's/music.

inevitably, though, becoming a 'public figure' who takes the stage involves the generation of an 'attractive persona', and a bit of salesmanship. Those who have a keen compass for the truth in all things will detect such acting very quickly - as you may have done here.

some people also privately envy those who have a platform from which to speak their ideas/truth.

plenum

oh yes, and thanks for reminding me about Thoth. I had forgotten about that!!
Human Shadow. You gotta love it, embrace it. Respect it.

I needed about two decades just to inventory my human shadow. Now I'm wiping the slate with forgiveness work, which is also deep work. Those who go as fast as possible
generally dismiss their shadow as irrelevant. Or the shadow goes unmanifest during periods of darshan where the initiate is modeling from the level of being, the master's style
of being. This is a fast way to jump some levels and it has a downside: the human shadow is overlooked. The following documentary reveals the absurdity of an organization that
I followed for 14 years, mostly out of desire for like-minded community:

http://www.linktv.org/programs/david-wants-to-fly It's a freebie!

It's a documentary about a fresh out of film-school aspiring director who greatly admires David Lynch. And David Lynch practices Transcendental Meditation as taught by Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi, famous for being the guru to the Beatles, until he made sexual advances toward Mia Farrow, which she declined, and expressed her dismay. This prompted the song, "Sexy Sadie" off the
White Album, if you're a Beatles fan.

Fantastic documentary. I lived in Fairfield for a decade. Loved the community, grew extremely weary of the founder, who I never personally met. Just heard all the awful stories about
his personality from people who did interact with him. His time being a book-keeper and social secretary for his guru certainly quickened him. However, it nothing to mitigate his service-to-self orientation, which if you watch the whole film, you might wonder if he made it all the way to 95% negative.

During the funeral of his master, he stole a precious diamond and made an instrument out of it that gave him some power. Once he was huge, he was trying to shift planetary consciousness. However, his motivation was tied to his desire to get credit for fixing an entire planet, so that he could immediately go to the top of everything. My assessment is that he had a superb IQ, maybe even above 150.... and also a narcissistic personality disorder. On the other hand, he actually did have some positive qualities, which is always true with STS who are not complete
psychopaths or sociopaths. Does this make sense?

Here's a summary of how Drunvalo met Thoth:

http://custodialsmackdown.wordpress.com/...the-flesh/

And here's a positive spin on the Drunvalo/Thoth connection from a fan of the work.

http://www.bobfrissell.com/thoth.php

I did greatly enjoy Bob Frissel's books. He made Drunvalo sound
so phenomenal... so I was smitten at first, and then fell away after
noticing what I refer to is almost constant exaggeration.

I've had some cool experiences. Sometimes when I'm describing them, I realize
how easy it would be to embellish. I'm enjoying telepathy now... on most days... and
it's as natural as breathing. I never know who I'll have permission to communicate with.

For example, I have no clue as to what degree I can locate Thoth with my being or consciousness and then
proceed to ask questions. As of this moment, I feel no need to have this communication. If I felt the need,
my next step would be to ask if I can obtain permission. Sometimes the permission inquiry can go on for days,
weeks or months, and then I get the psychic equivelant of a friendly tap on the shoulder, with a vibe of "guess what,
we've obtained permission for you to do some Q & A with so and so. That's how it goes, and I can't repeat this enough.
It's as natural as breathing.

When the agreement for rapport is clear, it's very helpful. This took me from 1975 to 2011 to develop. Then last year, it got strong.

These communications occur at such a subtle level. And it's filtered or colored by my pre-existing perspectives,
so I know it's never 100% reliable. If I feel like my body is weightless, then I trust it more. If I feel heavy, then
I discount it heavily. Anyway, I'm just sharing that when you come into some abilities, it's like breathing. Very natural.

At the same time, I could dress up these communications to give the impression that I'm hot s***..... if I was really desperate, which I'm not. Thank God.