Bring4th

Full Version: starting points for seeking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what was your starting point for spiritual seeking?

i ask because i don't feel i have one. i don't remember a time when i wasn't trying to make sense of the universe - from aliens, ghosts and esp as a child, to reincarnation and being fascinated with david icke's concept of the love vibration as a teenager and later fitting everything together upon stumbling across the LOO.

and this lack of a starting point is challenging me to help a friend in her seeking at the moment. she has just started on a journey of seeking - i ordered her a copy of Carla's 101 book which i've just started reading before posting it off to my friend, but she's just not there yet.

the Ra material, again, i'm just not sure she's ready for that - i've pointed her in the direction of the L/L Research library, and i feel if that was for her at this time she would have had a look, but she hasn't.

and yet she is so very hungry for information and asks me so many questions which i do my best to answer, and yet to me my answers feel muddy and unclear.

so where would you suggest someone starts? in looking inward first of all, perhaps practising meditation and then seeing where her thoughts take her? i'm wary of her attaching too much weight to our conversations but i would like to help her find the path that's right for her

any thoughts, as ever, gratefully received Smile
Always bite off more than you can chew, and then chew it. Give it all to her and let her decide.
perhaps discover what her current blockages or frustrations in life is at the moment, then introduce new perspectives for her, based on the Law of One, on a case by case basis. So that it will be more applicable, working in the concepts one step at a time instead of a total approach at this time.

ayadew

Perhaps your friend looks outward too much. There's not all that much to gain there, only intellectual concepts and perhaps a few revelations. Encourage her to look inwards and not weight your conversations so heavily, you give the impression that her entire view existence depends on those... that's not so constructive. Smile
Giving someone small amounts of information based upon what one might feel they need is controlling. Show her the door and allow her to enter on her own. What she seeks will resonate; what does not will not. It is her path to decide.
I agree, In my experience most people who are searching know exactly what they are searching for. So they themselves are their best guide, but often it needs to be told and shown directly and repeatedly how these people already manifest the beliefs they are searching for.

Especially me, it took me a long time to figure out I was accomplishing my higher goals simply by being me and true to that. I needed to be shown.

If she asks the questions ask her what the answers SHOULD be. They usually know. This helps in pointing out that they obviously know exactly what they are looking for. Where else does this insight come from? And this gives great handles on how to tackle issues related to the question. If you don't know the answer, assume that the answer "that should be" is the correct one. And 90% of the time it works out great, the other times there is a dichotomy and we sometimes need to improvise or make concessions. The world isn't perfect.

There is a dichotomy with the world, which isn't always as it should be. Though it often is. This dichotomy does not mean the answer "as it should be" is wrong. It may just mean we haven't globally figured out yet. We're riding the wave.
thanks for your replies - yeah i obviously would not withhold information from her, but at the same time i don't want to overwhelm her when she's not that familiar with spiritual / new age language even - i don't think she knows about chakras for example, she's only just starting to feel familiar with the idea of reincarnation

i'll have a chat with her, let her know what books i have that i can post her and just see what she fancies reading Smile having a bit of a d'uh moment with that one, should have thought of that in the first place really BigSmile
Lorna, one of the things I really appreciate about the Law of One material is its gracious disclaimers: "Thank you for inviting us to speak about this subject with you today. Please take and use what you feel helps your growth and leave the rest aside."

If these are things that higher-density entities can say to us, shouldn't we say them to one another?

You could let your friend know, "These are the ideas that inspire my spirit now, however I don't know if they will be as useful for you. Also, I fear that my answers might not make sense because I have read a lot more of this material than you have, so far." This gives your friend an easy opportunity to use what helps her, and to leave the rest alone knowing it was offered in love.

If she is new to spiritual seeking, perhaps reflections on immediate actions - seeking the love in each moment, balancing emotional catalyst - might be more helpful than abstract theory? Or is she the kind of person who really wants to explore ideas before taking action?
I found videos a good place to start as well, if you can find some solid short videos it may help your friend be inspired to want to research it more. I found Alchemikey's LOO Creation story ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD5bL5GXRQE ) one of those good intro pieces that was well done. just a thought Smile

L&l

PD
(01-03-2010, 02:34 AM)Purple Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I found videos a good place to start as well, if you can find some solid short videos it may help your friend be inspired to want to research it more. I found Alchemikey's LOO Creation story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD5bL5GXRQE) one of those good intro pieces that was well done. just a thought Smile

L&l

PD

The URL contained a malformed video ID.

ayadew

Brittany

This is only my opinion, but maybe you should just give her information until you see some kind of response that indicates that the information is no longer being received or is causing further problems in your friend. You are presuming she won’t be able to handle the specifics of your path, but people can be surprising. I thought my dad was a hellfire Christian for twenty odd years…I at least didn’t expect him to believe in the stuff I believe in. Then he happened to see one of my posts on this site and he told me he believes what I say and is amazed by what he’s seen. All those years I let myself just stew over the thought of how close-minded he was, when in reality his mind was probably more open than mine was. It never hurts to ask, to test, to attempt to be of service. I would take it a little at a time and just see how far you get. If you feel like you run into a wall you can always back off and try a different approach. Maybe start off by asking this friend general questions about her interests and beliefs…get a general idea of what direction she’s coming from and go from there. If it turns out she absolutely will not accept anything you resonate with, you can still be of service simply by respecting and loving her. No one is saying you have to convert her, but you never know, you might be the message she’s just been waiting to hear.

fairyfarmgirl

I always begin with the easiest to understand info. I tend to send people to Peace Pilgrim (www.peacepilgrim.com) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySs2rLcPhU first as she speaks about how all is one and it is in the form of venacular and conversational language and at least for me was a highly inspirational human being for her time.

That is usually enough to get the seeker started. Then with each new discovery it edges them forward toward greater seeking. I usually just check in with the seekers that I work with offering to discuss anything they wish to talk about. Then through dialogue I guide them to greater seeking by shining Light on different ways they may go to seek that which is what they would like to find. For some it is the Law of One, for others it is a Shamanic Path or a Wise Woman Path or the path of Science and Spirituality or they may be really into Permaculture. The in is to find and understand the interest of the student and then work from there to teach the Universal Truths. Universal Truths are evident in all paths and all paths lead to the Law of One.... A Guide and Teacher must be adaptable and flexible so that the seeker is met at thier level of understanding....

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
thanks fairyfarmgirl - coincidentally i was reading about the peace pilgrim in Carla's 101 book last night, i'd never come across her before, so I'll be watching that film tonight Smile

fairyfarmgirl

(01-07-2010, 11:15 AM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]thanks fairyfarmgirl - coincidentally i was reading about the peace pilgrim in Carla's 101 book last night, i'd never come across her before, so I'll be watching that film tonight Smile

You can just go to the website www.peacepilgrim.com and request a book to be sent to you and your friend. It is freely given to those who request.

fairyfarmgirl
Hi LornaSmile Remember too that our loved ones have Higher Selves and as we know,are quite capable of leading Us to our true Place. Your loving energy that you emit supplies plenty of Power to present an opportunity of "growth" for your friend. Your words may seem "muddy and unclear" as you speak to her but your Love is understood quite well. I tell myself when I'm in similar situations around loved ones to relax and be myself. My Higher Self which is also Me charges the space and in subtle and beautiful ways Higher information energy is transfered and not usually in a direct verbal form from myself. All kinds of interactions and conversations are going on and our Loving Energy always Charges the scene. We are much more than a brain and language.

Whenever we go into a mall for example I believe that every encounter no matter how small that we have we transfer energy from the Source to the Other Selves and we can Charge the Space with Energy that can present to Everyone the opportunity to Know, if they choose too. I'm sure that even your smile can move a mountain.