Bring4th

Full Version: What can we learn from the life of Crowley?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aliester Crowley has a bit of a bad rep. However, he did a lot of metaphysical work and one of his greatest legacies is this Thoth Tarot deck. He is what Ra has to offer on the life of this entity, and perhaps there is something to be gleaned from the way he approached things:

Q&A 18.11

- - ** //

* Ra: This entity became, may we use the vibration sound complex, overstimulated with the true nature of things.

peering too much behing the curtain (veil)? Smile

* This over-stimulation resulted in behavior that was beyond the conscious control of the entity.

so losing control, balance over one's life is never a good thing.

* The entity thus, in many attempts to go through the process of balancing, as we have described the various energy centers beginning with the red ray and moving upwards, became somewhat overly impressed or caught up in this process and became alienated from other-selves.

too obsessed with the 'process' and lost the ability to see other selves as equals?

- - ** //

* Ra: This entity was positive.

this may be a shock to some, given his popular reputations as "The Wickedest Man In The World"

* However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves.

this is the teach/learning of the learnings of the self?

* This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

I think a lot of individuals have been scarred by their experiences on planet earth, and the choices that they have made? Who really and truly here has full acceptance and integration of their full life history?

- - ** //

thanks for reading Smile

oh, and I think Ra offers some great thoughts on a 'balanced' approach to one's life:

Quote:41.19 The key to balance may then be seen in the unstudied, spontaneous, and honest response of entities toward experiences, thus using experience to the utmost, then applying the balancing exercises and achieving the proper attitude for the most purified spectrum of energy center manifestation in violet ray. This is why the brilliance or rotational speed of the energy centers is not considered above the balanced aspect or violet-ray manifestation of an entity in regarding harvestability; for those entities which are unbalanced, especially as to the primary rays, will not be capable of sustaining the impact of the love and light of intelligent infinity to the extent necessary for harvest.
Lol at synchonisity BigSmile
Sounds like a complex way to say he became possessed by his own inner demons.
I view Crowley's case as just a stroke of bad luck. We can never always expect to have our bases fully covered when we delve into the unknown. He took a chance and plunged to the depths of our reality. For that, he has my admiration.

He will rise up from his healing and continue to serve the universe well. I don't think there is anything regrettable in his journey.

He became alienated only because he achieved a level of power that the average primate-based being cannot handle.

The lesson: Know thyself as much as possible and maybe you won't go insane when you see the universe as it is. Just as one enters the battlefield, be aware and be strong. Be honest with yourself and about the reality that is around you. Be prepared to accept the unexpected.

The quest for truth is a narrow path. Self-deception is what keeps us in our illusions. Honesty will enable the illusion known as "progress."
I think anyone walking a similar path in danger of becoming "overstimulated with the true nature of things" can learn a very valuable lesson from the life of Mr Crowley. I know such a person 'in real life' but can't tell them without offending them.
(06-02-2013, 11:07 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I think anyone walking a similar path in danger of becoming "overstimulated with the true nature of things" can learn a very valuable lesson from the life of Mr Crowley. I know such a person 'in real life' but can't tell them without offending them.
Good friends will offend each other at the cost of truth. It's a good way to build a relationship as scar tissue builds muscle. I would consider telling him.
(06-02-2013, 11:09 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2013, 11:07 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I think anyone walking a similar path in danger of becoming "overstimulated with the true nature of things" can learn a very valuable lesson from the life of Mr Crowley. I know such a person 'in real life' but can't tell them without offending them.
Good friends will offend each other at the cost of truth. It's a good way to build a relationship as scar tissue builds muscle. I would consider telling him.

That is one option, but I personally feel simply ensuring that you are 'available' to him as he/she explores reality can be more useful. Many people can be very stubborn in regards to their distortion of free-will.
I have deliberately chosen this distortion on more than one occasion and while in it, bringing me out of it would be dangerous to me. Think of it like deep sea diving (nitrogen bubbles) or being on a ridiculously high mountaintop (Also the same). If you go there in the nude and unprepared, (without a lifetime of practice or some such, some people can apparently dive naturally really deep and I'm sure some Sherpa over the course of the past 10.000+ years has climbed Everest nude on a bet.) you'll be in a world of trouble.

But if you go there with a good support group, with good equipment and with knowledge and "eyes open and sails unfurled" you'll do fine. But if not, you'll fry your brain like a good piece of egg souffle.

Bat

over thinking over analyzing separates the body from the mind

TOOL
(06-02-2013, 11:09 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

In the past I have mentioned the information Ra gave us on Crowley, specifically the bit about overstimulation. They immediately had a reaction of rejection. I have played my part as Johny Appleseed and can give no further information or opinions without clearly infringing on their free will.
Sometimes you can shout something at the top of your lungs, and if they aren't ready to hear it, they won't hear it.

Sometimes you can whisper something yourself, and if they are ready, they will hear it.

To be of service is to open doors. You can't push a person through it. It's up to them to walk through it. If someone wants to remain asleep and does not wish to polarize, as Ra has said, it is a service in and of itself to aid them with comforts of sleeping. I personally extend that analogy to every single piece of self-work and self-knowledge. You can show them the way, but it's not useful to brow beat someone down to a particular realization.