Bring4th

Full Version: did your life change when you moved (house)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been at my current place for a bit over 3 years now. It's a very nice location; just across the way from a large suburban park/nature reserve. I'm sure you've seen pics of the birds that come and visit my balcony each day for food Smile (my image avatar is a sulphur-crested-cockatoo native to this region).

but before this ... I was living in a much more densely populated set of apartment buildings. There was a set of 3 very tall buildings forming a complex, and there were a touch over 150 units, and so with a very conservative estimate, there may have been 500 people or so concentrated in a very small piece of land (horizontally and vertically). There was a lot of 'people smog'; lots of students moving in and out each week, a collection of more stable residents, but in most part, it was a place of anonymous comings and goings, people never really 'knowing' each other.

it was also all concrete, and directly in front of a rail line (both passenger and freight trains) and a main highway. So plenty of noise Smile

what I'm trying to say is that it was not the most salubrious of envrionments in my opinion. Not much of that "2nd density godlike expression of the creator as expressed in natural animal life and trees and such sort". But I lived there for a number of years as I was still incubating the explorations of the mind. It served its purpose.

- -

but when I moved to this new place - a much nicer location, a much smaller population density (just 40 units over 5 floors, and only a couple of neighbouring apartment buildings, both small in scale), and the cleaner air and trees ... it was a very nice transition.

it was an opporunity for the 'outer surroundings' to more closely support a more internally, healthy state in my opinion. I've only moved 3 times in my whole life (I tend to put down roots lol), but I tend to think that location and living arrangements (who you live with, how you get along) have a big impact on how you experience your every day.

- -

so yeah, moving house is like getting a new life BigSmile

plenum
I am glad your transitions work out well.

I changed houses just within my town and I suddenly became horribly depressed. I didn't get over the depression until a month or so later.

In fact, when I ever stay at another persons house and go back to my home, I get a huge feeling of melancholy. I theorize there's a change of etheric energy that my system doesn't like.
I move about every 2 years, and I often feel elated, like life is full of potential. A new beginning.

It's when I stay in the same place for more than a year and a half, I feel as if I'm stagnate, and not changing. I find it more difficult to change undesirable habits.

That being said, I hate actually packing up and moving. It's such a pain in the ass Tongue
The previous owner died here and a lot of other things changed when I moved. So yes.

Aloneness

Absolutely. I've been living in a more peaceful enviroment for about a month now where people still greet each other on the streets and when I'm driving around they wave back instead of giving 'the finger'. The view is just spectular, with the lake, the trees and all sorts of animals. I find it to be healing just looking at it and I'm thankful for waking up here each day. It's a small house which suits me perfectly.
I'm moving in August from the city to a slightly less populated town, I feel like this will be a good move for me Smile

Different places definitely have different energies, to me at least each place I go evokes a specific feeling. Each space has a different impression on me. Those energies change over time and are a sort of amalgam of the different thoughts and feelings people have had in/about the place.

To be honest, I have never lived in one place for more than 2 years, usually less.
(06-04-2013, 01:48 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I've been at my current place for a bit over 3 years now. It's a very nice location; just across the way from a large suburban park/nature reserve. I'm sure you've seen pics of the birds that come and visit my balcony each day for food Smile (my image avatar is a sulphur-crested-cockatoo native to this region).

but before this ... I was living in a much more densely populated set of apartment buildings. There was a set of 3 very tall buildings forming a complex, and there were a touch over 150 units, and so with a very conservative estimate, there may have been 500 people or so concentrated in a very small piece of land (horizontally and vertically). There was a lot of 'people smog'; lots of students moving in and out each week, a collection of more stable residents, but in most part, it was a place of anonymous comings and goings, people never really 'knowing' each other.

it was also all concrete, and directly in front of a rail line (both passenger and freight trains) and a main highway. So plenty of noise Smile

what I'm trying to say is that it was not the most salubrious of envrionments in my opinion. Not much of that "2nd density godlike expression of the creator as expressed in natural animal life and trees and such sort". But I lived there for a number of years as I was still incubating the explorations of the mind. It served its purpose.

- -

but when I moved to this new place - a much nicer location, a much smaller population density (just 40 units over 5 floors, and only a couple of neighbouring apartment buildings, both small in scale), and the cleaner air and trees ... it was a very nice transition.

it was an opporunity for the 'outer surroundings' to more closely support a more internally, healthy state in my opinion. I've only moved 3 times in my whole life (I tend to put down roots lol), but I tend to think that location and living arrangements (who you live with, how you get along) have a big impact on how you experience your every day.

- -

so yeah, moving house is like getting a new life BigSmile

plenum

I have found that getting a "new life" (i.e. making changes, making new discoveries, learning etc.) requires that I get a new house.
My life changed more when I got a fence. Then I could let my dogs out to roam freely instead of keeping them tied up outside when I was away at work. It meant a lot to me. I've lived here for 11 years, and I hope to retire here.