Bring4th

Full Version: Viewing the Totality of the Past without any Pain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am guessing that if one has Totally Forgiven one's past, accepted everything that was done, forgiven all the actors that were involved, the end result would be someone who could gaze on any incident, no matter how seemingly embarassing or heinous, and view it with non-reactivity; the love and the light having been distilled from every experience.

one can but paint this as an ideal, as I am not sure it is entirely achievable.

I was triggered into this line of thinking because I was scanning Carla's Living the Law of One pdf. In it, she discloses how she was attacked as a 4 year old by a group of boys twice her age, and it was both violent and sexual. And this level of frankness ... it is not the most common.

and then I thought, I had the curious experience of being forced to eat a worm as a child because 2 older kids thought it would be amusing to see another kid doing this. And this was not only humiliating for the act itself, but then they spread stories about how 'plenum likes to eat worms' lol. And I can relate it now, with time at a distance, but it was seriously damaging to self-confidence and self-worth at the time.

and I am sure most of us have been brutalised by uncaring acts by others.

how much of this can we forgive and accept?

and how much do we think is unforgiveable, and absolutely unacceptable, in any possible way, and the grudge much be held to the end of this lifetime?

- -

I should note, too, that the forgiveness and acceptance also applies to the 'brutalising acts' that we ourselves committed; and what we are able to accept and forgive, and what we are not able to accept and forgive. Thereby withoutholding forgiveness from ourselves.

and also second note; all forgiveness boils down to self-forgiveness; as the actors and parties involved may be long gone, and it is only us holding onto the memories of things past.

peace, plenum
I would defend Hitler from harm. Hypothetically, I would try to defend a man that murdured my family if it came to such. I live for this ideal. I live for total unconditional forgiveness. Everything is acceptable to me because everything is acceptable to the creator. I think this might make me slightly insane trying to embrace it fully but I am willing to pay that cost.

You can do no wrong. Nobody can do wrong. I forgive all things thusly so. It's hard to digest this in this reality but that's what makes the challenge of love so wonderful.

To answer your question: Everything is forgiven and accepted for all things are the creator. The law is one. All is one. All is eternally loved.

I would feel pain if somebody tried to kill me but I contend it is a man's right to kill me if he so tries. Pain from acts may never fade away but my will to love will never fade. I like to think my will to love is love itself.
Of all my past, I have one act I have regretted doing, but have been able to come around to forgive myself for this. Others may not be so forgiving and I might have to answer for what I've done.

Unbound

Pain and pleasure exist in every moment. I am always discovering more of the past and more of myself and as of yet I have not "run out" of experiences to integrate and accept. Of course, there are many experiences which once would hurt me to remember but now I can remember and stay in peace.

I do not see it that one has to tolerate pain or suffering simply because they have accepted painful experiences. I believe that love comes with compassion, and I am very wary of what is known as "idiot compassion".

"Idiot compassion is the highly conceptualized idea that you want to do good to somebody. At this point, good is purely related with pleasure. Idiot compassion also stems from not have enough courage to say no." - Chogyam Trungpa

"It refers to something we all do a lot of and call it compassion. In some ways, it's whats called enabling. It's the general tendency to give people what they want because you can't bear to see them suffering. Basically, you're not giving them what they need. You're trying to get away from your feeling of I can't bear to see them suffering. In other words, you're doing it for yourself. You're not really doing it for them." - Pema Chodron

http://buddhism.about.com/b/2011/07/21/i...assion.htm
(06-07-2013, 09:57 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I would defend Hitler from harm. Hypothetically, I would try to defend a man that murdured my family if it came to such. I live for this ideal. I live for total unconditional forgiveness. Everything is acceptable to me because everything is acceptable to the creator. I think this might make me slightly insane trying to embrace it fully but I am willing to pay that cost.

You can do no wrong. Nobody can do wrong. I forgive all things thusly so. It's hard to digest this in this reality but that's what makes the challenge of love so wonderful.

To answer your question: Everything is forgiven and accepted for all things are the creator. The law is one. All is one. All is eternally loved.

I would feel pain if somebody tried to kill me but I contend it is a man's right to kill me if he so tries. Pain from acts may never fade away but my will to love will never fade. I like to think my will to love is love itself.

*there is what I suport and there is what I accept, there is nothing I reject*
*I suport healing, I accept disease*

Unbound

Aha I like that, thank you. Smile
We did this topic on the show tonight.
I have been 'called' to provide an alternate perspective.

Consider the Past/Future to simply be illusory constructs providing context to the linear functioning of the Ego Mind, which serves as an interface between the unconscious and this physical mode of existence. The only 'moment' which then exists, is the 'Now', and it is from the 'Now', do the Past/Future spring forth (Past Now <---- Present Now ----> Future Now), and not vice versa, as is the program many are currently operating on in their reality creation (And thus create the experience of such. Removing this is also a key to ageing). In alternate speaking, what you perceive to be the Past is what you believe has occurred to you in another perspective of the 'Now', which serves to provide systematic context to an aspect of self not accepted (Or rather, outside of the Love of the creator - you). If you believe without doubt of an alternate 'Past', than the simultaneity of time being such one will switch to another parallel reality within the Infinite number containing the probability of the 'Past' one believes to be so. On a higher level what is occurring is changing oneself, for the outer is but a reflection of the inner.

It is thus not a question of 'healing' the past, for what one perceives as the Past is simply a mass belief held by the Group in question by choice. Often the case may be where one has a radically alternate perspective of a given event in a 'past' perspective of the 'Now', which is also just as valid. It is then not 'tangible' in that sense, other than what is agreed upon as context or 'prologue' for the play and actors; the created physical effects serving as props or 'scenery' which while ordinarily may be seen as representing the awesome latent ability of thought affecting form, is rather taken to be the opposite in the Earth Game, which is thought being subject to Form (Or rather, at the mercy of).

To Heal the past you realize there is no past, for all moments are occurring 'Now' within your consciousness. It is a belief, or baggage from another 'Now' you have carried to this 'Now'. You have chosen to momentarily 'phase' in at one aspect of 'Now' within the Grand Self in a manner which may be seen as the experience of being event sequential, providing the illusion of an event affecting another, whereas they are infact all individual unto themselves. But what purpose then does such a perception, belief in past event affecting present, bring to one you might say? Well, it can be seen as a self created tool, providing a path to an aspect of Self not accepted (as stated earlier), or shedding 'light' to that which was previously 'dark' and unconscious, bringing it to the attention of the Ego construct to address. This is construed as Catalyst, which through Love of the self an aspect offers the service to take one on a journey to the inner depths of the mind to the belief forming a block in ones light/love, from which the Shadow aspect is formed (For they themselves are merely circumstantial upon your belief).

Any and all experiences serve as a reflection, as all is One. Your brother in spirit volunteered through Love adopting the role of the Bully, so that you may discover that of the Self not integrated. From another perspective (Leading to an alternate experience/belief of the same event), you are through Love donning the mask of the victim, so that you may afford the catalyst to serve as a receptacle for the bully to offer compassion to Other-self. There are no true victims in the game, only the illusion of such. and so for this there is appreciation and gratitude for the service and reflection Other-self has provided. This is but one perspective, another being one is hard done by, choosing the experience of suffering instead. Indeed all is valid and acceptable, but choose that which is alignment with the self.

I am a fractal of Infinity, and thus adopt the qualities of the Infinite. I am an eye and energetic potential through which Infinity explores all. I will never cease, for there is always more to Infinity. You are also this, with your own unique perspective of the Whole which we would not be complete without. Rejoice in your existence, and take what is rightfully yours. Do not let another dictate ones existence, but be your self and who you are fully.

(Note: Consider that the 'Now' does not actually exist, it cannot, for attempting to perceive the 'Now' is to perceive a 'past now' from the moment the thought to do so is initiated. Ponder upon this and you will understand 'nothingness').
Horuseus's well thought out comment mirrors my understanding (at a knowledge level), of what I call the past/future timeline slip-streaming.

In that we're constantly shifting through an infinite amount of past/future timelines with our consciousnesses in the present.

Don't let one "possible" past get you down brother! Smile
(06-18-2013, 10:59 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Horuseus's well thought out comment mirrors my understanding (at a knowledge level), of what I call the past/future timeline slip-streaming.

In that we're constantly shifting through an infinite amount of past/future timelines with our consciousnesses in the present.

Don't let one "possible" past get you down brother! Smile

Not sure if this was directed at me, but thank you.

I'm fascintated by the Totality of us in the future. The mind/body/spirit Totality.
Is this where you got the term for past Totality?
I think in terms of Totality of the past, I am doing pretty good in terms of pain.
Just have some jitters when I think of the future.
Like when I'm old and dying, whether that will be painful.
(06-18-2013, 11:09 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Just have some jitters when I think of the future.
Like when I'm old and dying, whether that will be painful.

It is all a choice.

If I focus on charity up to the last day, my last day will be "charitable".

If I focus on suffering or negative experiences up to that day, most likely I will get my "wish".

The focus of fear upon an object is still to wish upon that object.