Bring4th

Full Version: Service:Reaction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a thread where you can post experiences that are external to you and your reaction to that experience. As there are any number of positive/neutral/shadow/playful/negative sources for any seeming paranormal experience, try not to judge and simply relate how you felt in relation to the experience. Anything posted here should be greeted with a healthy dose of skepticism. The idea is more just to relax, allow, and have fun.

Today I woke up a little early, and instead of going back to sleep, I played some binaural beats and let myself drift. At some point during this I saw three numbers with little context clearly in my mind.

5,000 (some large number, I don't remember it clearly at all)

106 days (close to this number)

52%

As I had just made a fairly large life decision the night before this experience had some import for me.

I have no idea as to the first number. The second number I believe is a time frame that was available to me to accomplish something in. The third number felt like my polarity as going through this I couldn't simply lean on how good it felt to love everything.

I'm suspicious of the origin of specific information like this, and upon receiving it I felt grateful that I am where I am and that I had gotten the chance to experience very specific challenges.
That's a swell idea for a thread, GentleReckoning.

About a year ago I kept getting the number 12 frequently. I had no clue what it meant. It didn't seem like it carried an emotional charge, but for some reason whenever I was thinking innocently about random subjects, the word 'twelve' was heard in my mind.

I actually started a thread because it wouldn't stop and I couldn't understand it. 12 of course, is a fairly ubiquitous number. With the help of the forum we de-constructed it and examined it, but nothing felt quite right. My mind could not get around it, yet it kept popping up, over and over and over.

Yesterday I finally figured out what it was. It was a very subtle joke from (what we can call) my guidance system.

Some of you may have heard a quote about 'the longest trip we'll take is the distance between the head and the heart'. I had heard this a few days before but it didn't hit. I have been actively getting 'out of my head' recently and attempting to get 'into my heart', essentially, a surrender. I had given up trying to use my mind to understand and then suddenly I got it. I still can't recall who said this, but when it replayed last night it clicked. I think the Bible quote references a cubit, which is 18 inches, or so a lazy internet search suggests, but the quote I heard was '12 inches from the head to the heart'.

Maybe some of you are gigantic and the distance is 18 inches. Mine is bang on 12 inches.

So it really was a 'Dorothy in Oz' type of moment. Oh. It's not the mind that is to understand. For the first time it really resonated. That was certainly it. I'd get the '12' every time I was trying to analyse something that was only understood by the wide open heart.

But I had to give up, which I did after ransacking the intellect. Then I understood. Cheeky little trick, guidance system. Well played.
gratitude is always an apt response BigSmile
Today has been fun.

2 things: I'm doing some work for my dad, installing programs in labs at the local college.

While going from computer to computer, I realized that the only thing that I could really fault myself was not getting help creating catalyst that I prefer in life, and instead simply repeatedly trying to escape from the catalyst I had created. I prayed to my angels and guides 'Help me to create catalyst that will further my soul's growth'. Or something like that. After installing software off of a DVD onto 4 computers, I absentmindedly put the dvd in the next computer. I put it in, and I hear an alarming grinding noise. I immediately eject the dvd, only to find out that I had simply put this disc on top of one that was already in there. Thanks for the catalyst!

After this, I ran out of other things to do and decided to browse the web while I waited for the installer to slowly fill 'all the bars' as the installer from the DVD was horrendously slow at every step of the process. I was on slashdot, and glanced over to the sidebar where there were a bunch of random stories. I saw the word dumbass, and after browsing the main stories, looked for what story could possibly have had the word dumbass in the title. To my surprise, it wasn't anywhere on the page! What gives!?

I then realize that I had opened the browser on top of the progress window and the installer was waiting for me to hit the install button to continue the process. I have since decided that at least one of my guides is snarky. Smile