Bring4th

Full Version: I keep dreaming of not graduating from high school!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confused For about three years now (or more) I have been having a dream with a recurring theme: I keep dreaming that I am in high school, with all the old friends and acquaintances (and enemies) that I used to have. I realize that I have been skipping classes, showing up late (or not at all), and I especially have skipped nearly every day of my math lessons, which was "first period" (first class of the day). I try to remember where my classes are located - that's how much I've skipped! I can barely think straight and I feel very disoriented and confused. I try to remember where my locker is and I wander the halls aimlessly trying to find it. Then I realize I can't even remember what my locker combination is!

I walk into my math class and I am very late. I don't understand a thing that the math teacher is talking about (and that was true in high school...me and math didn't jive well!). He starts telling me that if I don't get a LOT of work done, then I won't graduate. I feel my tasks are impossible.

I walk out of the class and wander the halls some more, and do some thinking about school. I feel high school is a waste of time and that I won't use any of my skills from the classes anyway. I already can read, write and do basic math, so why bother? I decide not to graduate from high school, but instead get a G.E.D. later. I wonder how I'll tell my mom about it - and how upset she'll be. But then I remember "I'm an adult and I can do what I want. She has no say in the matter."

These dreams always leave me with a very depressed, panicky, sick kind of feeling inside...like I'm lost, a failure....something of that nature.

Interestingly, in real life, I have reunited with at least 1/3 of my high school friends and acquaintances (via Facebook). It has been VERY healing in some aspects, because I have been able to talk deeply to a few people that hurt me very much and we were able to discuss what brought about the pain and then apologize and forgive for our immature teenage foibles. And now we're very close!

I did have a dream about ten days ago where I found myself just beginning University.

Anyway, I didn't know about LOO when I first started having these dreams. And now the dreams are scaring me, like somebody is telling me that I've messed up and I'll "never make it" in time to graduate (be harvested into 4D). Any insights, directions, or.....warm gushy hugs??

Luv, Kristy
Hi Kristy!

Wow, those are exactly like my dreams! For several years, I had the dreams frequently...and always, the theme was the same: I either wandered the halls trying to find my locker, or couldn't remember the combination, or couldn't find my classroom, or didn't remember my class schedule, or was late to class, or forgot a class altogether, or flunked a pop quiz, or some such variation.

This went on for years! Then, finally, the theme began to change...sometimes I'd ace the test! Or, I was in college! And then, wow, I was actually the teacher!

Then the dreams ceased for awhile...but that might have been because I had insomnia and wasn't remember my dreams. Lately, since I'm sleeping better, I occasionally have a school dream again, but not very often. If I do, it's usually about some particular life lesson that has been eluding me.

I mentioned these school dreams in another thread.

I'm certain that my Higher Self uses this metaphor to communicate with me how I'm doing with my spiritual lessons here at Earth School. That is so amazing that you've been getting the exact same metaphors in your dreams!

It was clear to me that, whenever I couldn't find my locker or flunked a test, the lesson represented some spiritual lesson in my life...Never did it enter my mind that I had flunked Life altogether!

So, although the metaphor is the same as what we use to describe 3D Earth School and graduation to 4D, I wouldn't necessarily assume that forgetting your locker combination is a sign that you won't graduate to 4D!

If anything, I think of it more as our Higher Self knocking on our door, or ringing the alarm clock, to remind us to WAKE UP! Because we have been asleep, and now is the time to awaken.

(Even though you hadn't yet learned of the Law of One consciously, at the time you started having the dreams, doesn't mean your Higher Self didn't know about Graduation to 4D. Your Higher Self surely did know of it, and used a metaphor that fits our situation here at Earth School.)

Or, there might be some particular life lesson that we've been failing to learn...in other words, one class out of many...but again, that doesn't necessarily mean that we've failed ALL of school entirely!

At any rate, the very fact that you recently dreamed of being in college is most auspicious!!! I would definitely take that as a good sign that you are on the right track! Think of it this way: Being in college would mean that you have already graduated high school! That is highly significant!!

That's awesome that you've reconciled with some of your high school friends...that might even be one of the lessons that had been eluding your before...and maybe the college dream is your Higher Self letting you know that forgiving those friends was definitely passing the test! Since forgiveness is one of the key core curriculum classes here at Earth School.

We should keep in touch, and compare notes!

And here is a warm gushy HUG to you!!! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

ayadew

Oh dear, I too have some 'friends' from college/high school that could require some healing.. the problem is that it's too early, and they are likely almost the same people as they were then. I just can't be bothered, since I might as well just heal them within myself with physical distance from them. They are within me, their personality, and that aspect of myself that mirrors a lesson I need to learn.

Thanks for reminding me of this! BigSmile
I haven't had a dream of that sort for some time now, but I can still recall (with smiles) the frustration of them. It can feel quite demeaning to feel trapped in a place to which you don't belong. I can remember once feeling that confusion in the hallway of my grammar school and then remembering loudly, "Wait a minute, I have a college degree!!"

For me, I didn't find them to have any specific meaning, but rather to be an expression of a general frustration of not being engaged in my life in ways that are most satisfying.

At this stage in the game--when I'm viewing them cognitively--they seem like great opportunities to respond to adverse circumstances with radiant love and acceptance.

Wish me luck!
Hi Kristy, thank you for sharing your dream.

Let's cheer you up first!

I already included my favorite link to the birds hugging, but here are some more cute pictures for you.
[Image: 128961612058850254.jpg]
[Image: hart.jpg]
[Image: 4038646486_08d74a9287_o.jpg]
[Image: vem7h3.jpg]
[Image: 128932708584607812.jpg]

I get these from Caturday on Fark.com. It's usually a cynical site but on weekends they have discussions like this one. (Warning: don't visit unless you have a spare half hour for cuteness!)

OK now on to the spiritual stuff.

With your study of the Law of One, I can think of two meanings for your dream.

One explanation is that like the Apostle Paul, you've "put away childish things." The rules and limits of high school no longer have much to do with your life. In the same way, you are moving beyond the concerns of your past to explore a larger view of your spiritual existence.

Another explanation is that negative forces, either inside or outside you, are trying to shake your confidence and replace it with fear: fear that you won't be enough, can't learn enough, don't understand enough to graduate. This fear is nonsense from the Law of One point of view, which says that the generosity of your heart and spirit, not the contents of your intellect, are the standard for graduation into The Harvest.

Do either of these ideas resonate with you at all?
Thanks (big thanks) to all who have responded thus far. I have really enjoyed all of your insights, and very much enjoyed the hugs, and the cute pictures, too! You are all so loving! HeartHeartShyHeartHeart

One thing that was present (at first) was the fear of the consequences of my 'slacking' (cutting class, etc.). I could hardly believe that I had been so 'bad' that I couldn't even remember what my class schedule was, where the classes were, or where my locker was and what the combination was! However, I also remember thinking, "High school is such a waste of time. I'm not even going to need these things in 'real life'. I know how to read and write and do basic math. That's plenty for me to get by. I can take specialized classes if I need to in order to get a certain career, should I choose. I'll just get my G.E.D."

I had a feeling of power, almost, like this is MY choice and I can do it however I want to.

I really like the metaphor of "putting away childish things". That's how I felt later in the dream, and I certainly feel that way in real life. I get a lot of flack about it, but I think high school is a joke - a big popularity contest. I homeschool my kids the basics and then let them explore all kinds of things in the classroom of life. It's been so much more fun! BigSmile

Thanks again everyone, and I'd love to hear more should you choose to offer it.

Luv, Kristy
(01-04-2010, 09:27 PM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]I think high school is a joke - a big popularity contest. I homeschool my kids the basics and then let them explore all kinds of things in the classroom of life. It's been so much more fun!

I felt the same way and that's what I did with my son!

I was very dismayed, however, to find that college isn't necessarily the mecca of higher knowledge that I thought it was. It too focuses on conformity/regurgitation much more than I had thought.
By the way, I don't have much dream recall. And I don't recall ever having a recurring dream - that is, having the same dream theme more than once - let alone for three years!

High school is typically four years, if you let the dream run another year will you then dream that you got your GED and don't have to go back? BigSmile

I noticed that dream work is a major part of David Wilcock's work. Because I remember so few of my dreams, I haven't paid attention to whether dreams are discussed much in the Law of One material. I wonder if Ra, Q'uo or the others have sessions where they focused on dreams, and I simply wandered on to the next session.
(01-04-2010, 10:46 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I felt the same way and that's what I did with my son!

I was very dismayed, however, to find that college isn't necessarily the mecca of higher knowledge that I thought it was. It too focuses on conformity/regurgitation much more than I had thought.

*** Well, I didn't mention that people also frown on me because I really encourage my children NOT to go to college, for the same reasons you mentioned above, and many others. Wink I've known so many college graduates, too, who are sweeping floors because they can't find a job. I know that this isn't always the case...of course. Also, college has you take so many other courses that have NOTHING to do with the profession you've chosen to pursue. It just lines their pockets, is all.
(01-05-2010, 01:15 AM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I didn't mention that people also frown on me because I really encourage my children NOT to go to college, for the same reasons you mentioned above, and many others. Wink I've known so many college graduates, too, who are sweeping floors because they can't find a job. I know that this isn't always the case...of course. Also, college has you take so many other courses that have NOTHING to do with the profession you've chosen to pursue. It just lines their pockets, is all.

This is my own personal opinion, not based on the Law of One material. I think you're partly right and partly off base on this one, Kristy. I agree that the premise that college always leads to greater job success is really questionable these days. I also agree that some colleges seem to put enrichment of the institution above genuine service to students.

But it seems cynical to me to overlook the good ideas behind general education requirements: expanding one's horizons, maybe discovering something that will delight the student, maybe providing some new ways to think and some new things to think about, offering a diversity of experiences, helping a person be a more well-rounded person not just an economic contributor. These are all valid goals for the general education part of a college degree. (Of course much of the value of general ed could be had for cheap at a local community college.)
(01-05-2010, 01:25 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]This is my own personal opinion, not based on the Law of One material. I think you're partly right and partly off base on this one, Kristy. I agree that the premise that college always leads to greater job success is really questionable these days. I also agree that some colleges seem to put enrichment of the institution above genuine service to students.

But it seems cynical to me to overlook the good ideas behind general education requirements: expanding one's horizons, maybe discovering something that will delight the student, maybe providing some new ways to think and some new things to think about, offering a diversity of experiences, helping a person be a more well-rounded person not just an economic contributor. These are all valid goals for the general education part of a college degree. (Of course much of the value of general ed could be had for cheap at a local community college.)

*** That's why I said that I know this isn't always the case...and I mean that about everything. Everybody does things their own way, by their own choice. Some choose school (public) and some do not. I do not. But I honor and respect everyone's choice to do so, if that is their choice. I have friends whose kids love school. And those that hate it. I know people whose child committed suicide because they couldn't take the pressure that comes from school (grading/judging, homework burdens, fitting in, etc.). I know people whose children flourished in public school and have fond memories of it.

I understand that expanding horizons, discovering delightful things, and having new ways to look at things and think about can all be experienced in public education.... or homeschool...and even just in the school of life.

I love the school of life the best and I think it's so neat that others love the school of "school". It's all cool!

Luv, Kristy Heart
(01-05-2010, 12:40 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have much dream recall.

I've had to work at it. Have you ever actively worked to increase your dream recall? For me, lounging in bed for a few minutes every morning, focused on capturing my dreams before they flit away, helps tremendously. But as soon as I start talking to my hubby, or get up and about, they fly away like wisps in the night.

fairyfarmgirl

College? I went and I paid and I am still paying and It never assisted me in creating anything remotely that looks like a job. A trade would be a better bet... or take all the money you would be throwing away listening to some stuffy and arrogant professor tell you what it is that you need to learn and what useless paper that you need to write and pack up and go on a tour of Europe. For what you pay even for a State University you could even bring your family along and still have a great trip for about a year or so and experience 1000 times more than you will in a College classroom.

Intellectual learning is chuck at the ascension point--- EXPERIENCE now that is something you take with you!

I hated High School. I could hardly wait to graduate and will never ever go to a HS reunion! The further away I get from that nest of STS the better! I have never dreamed of HS. My dreams when I was younger tended to be terrorizing dreams from some heavy STS interference and some ET visitations... HS drama deeply wounded my HEART but I have never dreamed of them.

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
(01-06-2010, 10:49 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ].. HS drama deeply wounded my HEART but I have never dreamed of them.

*** Mine, too. I was popular in high school, and belonged to a lot of clubs, and STILL I struggled. I was constantly worried about fitting in. However, the biggest pain that I suffered in high school (and grade school for that matter) was seeing others suffer by being teased and ridiculed. The cruelty I witnessed at the hands of the kids was something I still shudder to think about, and can hardly believe humans do that to other humans. I never belonged to a 'clique'...I hung out with every 'group'...jocks, cheerleaders, rednecks, nerds, stoners, cowboys...etc. I think that was one of the signs of being a wanderer...I wanted to be a friend to all. It got me in some hairy situations, but oh well.

I love your idea of going to Europe with the family...experience really is GREAT!! My husband took me to Germany (he was born and raised there, and also England and France. I had a blast in Germany. He wants to take me there again in April.
(01-05-2010, 07:33 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever actively worked to increase your dream recall?

It's something I might want to explore this year. I just moved and don't have all the lights set up yet. Once I have a bedside lamp, pen and paper I can try to jot down dream stories as soon as I wake up.
It's so crazy that other people have had these exact same dreams. I have had dreams of me forgetting my class schedule, forgetting an assignment, and just generally feeling very lost and out of control in the school setting.

I had always attributed these dreams to me being anxious about school. I place an enormous amount of importance on my grades, and getting bad grades has always been something that has stressed me out my entire life. I wonder if these dreams could have had a dual meaning behind them. On the surface, the dreams could have been my anxiety manifesting, but maybe they were also a metaphor of the greater schooling that goes on in an incarnation.
(01-01-2010, 11:54 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, those are exactly like my dreams!

*** That is so amazing...and also just shows you how we're all one, and that many of us are given the same object lessons (ie. dreaming of school)...!

I mentioned these school dreams in another thread.

*** Now that I can find a few moments, I'll definitely check out this thread you listed! Thanks!

I'm certain that my Higher Self uses this metaphor to communicate with me how I'm doing with my spiritual lessons here at Earth School. That is so amazing that you've been getting the exact same metaphors in your dreams!

*** I agree, soul sistuh!! BigSmile

So, although the metaphor is the same as what we use to describe 3D Earth School and graduation to 4D, I wouldn't necessarily assume that forgetting your locker combination is a sign that you won't graduate to 4D!

*** Sheeesh, I hope you're right! Thinking of doing 3D again terrifies me!

If anything, I think of it more as our Higher Self knocking on our door, or ringing the alarm clock, to remind us to WAKE UP! Because we have been asleep, and now is the time to awaken.

*** Okay, okay...I'm awake mom!! I'm awake!! BigSmileTongue

That's awesome that you've reconciled with some of your high school friends...that might even be one of the lessons that had been eluding your before...and maybe the college dream is your Higher Self letting you know that forgiving those friends was definitely passing the test!

*** That would be sooooo awesome. And here's a shocker, my ex husband contacted me via Facebook after TWENTY THREE years of not hearing from him or knowing where he was, and I feel myself healing from him abandoning me and we've had some great talks. I am so happy about this! And he's happily married now with a wonderful son...and I'm happy for him!

We should keep in touch, and compare notes!

*** Indeed, Monica! I'll send you a private message soon. I've been thinking of doing that for days now. Can't wait to correspond! I don't have any girlfriends here at all. *sniff sniff*

And here is a warm gushy HUG to you!!! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

*** Received with gratitude! xoxoxo Smile
(01-01-2010, 10:38 PM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Confused For about three years now (or more) I have been having a dream with a recurring theme: I keep dreaming that I am in high school, with all the old friends and acquaintances (and enemies) that I used to have. I realize that I have been skipping classes, showing up late (or not at all), and I especially have skipped nearly every day of my math lessons, which was "first period" (first class of the day). I try to remember where my classes are located - that's how much I've skipped! I can barely think straight and I feel very disoriented and confused. I try to remember where my locker is and I wander the halls aimlessly trying to find it. Then I realize I can't even remember what my locker combination is!

I walk into my math class and I am very late. I don't understand a thing that the math teacher is talking about (and that was true in high school...me and math didn't jive well!). He starts telling me that if I don't get a LOT of work done, then I won't graduate. I feel my tasks are impossible.

I walk out of the class and wander the halls some more, and do some thinking about school. I feel high school is a waste of time and that I won't use any of my skills from the classes anyway. I already can read, write and do basic math, so why bother? I decide not to graduate from high school, but instead get a G.E.D. later. I wonder how I'll tell my mom about it - and how upset she'll be. But then I remember "I'm an adult and I can do what I want. She has no say in the matter."

These dreams always leave me with a very depressed, panicky, sick kind of feeling inside...like I'm lost, a failure....something of that nature.

Luv, Kristy

Remember, your are at Earth School here....your dreams are a gentle reminder from your "higher self" (i.e., your 6th-density self), that you still have some work to do on your life lessons. Do you have unfinished karmic business?
How funny! I was on divinecosmos.com tonight to see if any new articles were up, and I just "happened" to see this sentence: "Have You Been Skipping Class, Spiritually?" I clicked on it instantly, and with a grin on my face, I read the following blog entry by David Wilcock about his dreaming repeatedly that he didn't graduate and also how he kept failing the same class in real life. Here it is if you want to read it:

http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-...piritually
(08-10-2011, 03:10 PM)billevan889 Wrote: [ -> ]I would keep at it. Graduation from high school is a necessary step in order to survive in today's economy.
I graduated from high school back in 1978... ;o) I keep DREAMING I don't graduate.

That's a classic dream; I had it too. The school year nearly over and somebody reminded me of a subject that I just hadn't been attending for, OMG, months. Somebody explained that it means you (or your HS) think that you have missed learning something important. Fortunately the panic dissipates soon after awakening.
(08-10-2011, 07:27 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]That's a classic dream; I had it too. The school year nearly over and somebody reminded me of a subject that I just hadn't been attending for, OMG, months. Somebody explained that it means you (or your HS) think that you have missed learning something important. Fortunately the panic dissipates soon after awakening.

I take those 'school' dreams very seriously. I consider it a metaphor for my lessons here in 3D, and a way for my Higher Self to communicate to me how I'm doing. If I dream I'm failing a test, or didn't do my homework, or can't find my locker, or don't remember my locker combination, or am late to class, etc. (all of which I've dreamed repeatedly) then I know it's a message that I'm missing something important.

Once I 'get it' then I'll have a dream about acing the test, or being in college instead of high school, or, occasionally, even being the teacher! Until the next lesson, at which time I might be the 'D' student again...It can go back and forth, depending on the lesson I've been given.

For me, these dreams are very important and I always ponder them, seeking to know what the lesson is that I was missing.

My typical dream with school is that I can't find my class, don't know what class I'm supposed to be in, or can't find the school. I don't think I've actually had a classroom dream. I've never as I recall been able to find the room.
(08-10-2011, 07:39 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I take those 'school' dreams very seriously. I consider it a metaphor for my lessons here in 3D, and a way for my Higher Self to communicate to me how I'm doing.
I'd imagine it's probably a common dream symbol tailored for wanderers. I repeatedly have dreams about missing an assignment or running late on one, so I'm obviously not doing what I came to do.

I also wish I could remember more of what I used to see as a kid when I laid in bed. I was always sent to bed before I was tired, so I would lay there for 1-2 hours, blank my mind, and enter a meditative state. I can remember being in front of a ball of light..there is a memory of mountains being in the background. I would also see a light/star hanging in the darkness of space. If you look at Scott Mandelker's website, the image at the top is a space that I frequently found myself in. Basically a horizon off in the distance with a plane above and below you.
(08-10-2011, 07:39 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I take those 'school' dreams very seriously. I consider it a metaphor for my lessons here in 3D, and a way for my Higher Self to communicate to me how I'm doing.
Sometimes in my school dreams, I forget EVERYthing....which hall my locker is in, what my locker combination is, where my classes are. Especially math class...I hated math, couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried (in real life). The most recent school dream had me forgetting everything, and then I got really angry and thought, "Why should I go to high school? It's ridiculous - I like home school (I home school my children). I'm an adult and my mom can't tell me what to do and she can't tell me to go to school! I'll just get my G.E.D....I don't need to get a stupid diploma!!" Any thoughts?
Well... I keep having these dreams every now and then. Except that..it is a bit more complicated than that.
In real life, I was (and to a certain extent, I still am) a very..lazy person. Not the "would not do anything" kind, but the one that keeps pushing further the things I need to do up till a point when I have no more time to do it, and I fail the exams. I am now trying university for the 3rd time, and while my teachers love me, and I love them, and I love the lessons when I am in, I fail again and again for being late for class, having some minor health issues when it would be time to go to school, catching colds when I could not miss more classes for that semester, etc.

Now, in parallel to this, I keep having a dream (every half year or so, once, but I remember them) where I have to take the final exams in high school again for some dumb reason. And then I am in class with my old classmates, except that everyone has aged already, and we all have jobs, but still..we are back. And the class is ALWAYS something that I have neglected when I was in high school. History, or biology, or even Deutsch (when I was focusing on english instead as a foreign language, yet we had both languages taught to us).

But a few month ago, I had the dream where I was already out of the university (this has not happened in real life yet, but I am slowly crawling to that point again...) and I knew even in the dream that there are no more chances.

Waking up, I think there is two things to learn from all this.
1) It really might be the higher self's way of pointing out the things we neglected because we though they are unimportant, when in fact they might be important just because we chose to neglect them!
2) It is okay to fail school. That is for me of course. But it is not okay to say that it is the goal I pursue and THEN failing it. If one sets a goal, he should work hard to accomplish it.

And that point two in my life has been a good lesson that I start to learn now: whether I am graduating or not from programming in university, I just love programming. And I have a mission - and I can do that the best by putting seeds of peace and hints about the Law of One and being in harmony with others into games that I want to make (indie games). Therefore, regardless of whether I do get the diploma or not, I should work hard on creating what I want to create, because that can be one way of indirectly helping others to realize their potential (and to provide entertainment also, which is non-neglectable).

These dreams really are powerful, though. I always feel so bad, dumb and weak waking up from them -.-
I've had the same dreams over the years... personally I have taken it as a clue that there are some very "basic" lessons that I needed to recapitulate.

Last night, the theme took a new turn. I dreamed that I was a teacher (math I think), and the first day of class was coming up but I hadn't done any of my lesson plans!
(08-14-2011, 12:22 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Last night, the theme took a new turn. I dreamed that I was a teacher (math I think), and the first day of class was coming up but I hadn't done any of my lesson plans!

It makes perfect sense...the Wanderer's version perhaps?