Bring4th

Full Version: A greek story by Plato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was recently turned on to this story by a dear friend. I absolutely love it and think it is fascinating.

http://www.laphamsquarterly.org/voices-i...p?page=all

In a basic summary, Humans used to have four arms, four legs, and one head with two faces. We were strong and challenged the gods. In return the gods split us in half and sealed our wounds unto our bellies so we would forever remember the pain of being separated. Now we are on the constant search for our other half that we were separated from.

There is more to the story, but I find that I get more out of reading something than if someone tells me about it.

Hope this spurns on some thought with someone :-)

Namaste,
Conifer18 :-)
On a semi-unrelated point I may have just gotten something very important about the importance placed on specific information and how it corrupts.
I'm "not sure" :-P what you are talking about.
I fear I may found my mouth full of conifers if I try to explain what I'm talking bout. Wink

Edit: holy s*** that sounded wrong:

[Image: Conifer_forest.jpg]

Was talking about these. Move on. Nothing else to talk about here.

How can a joke about a mouthfull of pinecones go so wrong... ~_~;
Lol XD I'm pine-ing away for my beloved rocky mountains now.

Aloneness

Fascinating story indeed. "sliced like a flatfish" Tongue
I always get a bit awkward when people talk about 'twinsoul/flame' relationships, it's mostly disbelief.
On the other hand, I can relate to the feeling of separation as it is described in this story.