Bring4th

Full Version: Depression and the sense of time in research
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.medicographia.com/2010/10/dep...n-of-time/

I glanced through this but due to my personal issuess with severe depression bordering on the catatonic depression I didn't feel like reading more but the parts that I did read and the conversations I had about them after the fact make me believe that this maybe onto something big.

The whole dopamine-serotonine with the perceptual bubble of the universe and the choices we make in the random void creating conciousness would pinpoint to the major cause of depression being "rushing forward in time".

Thoughts if this is now scientifically provable/proven to be the case (short of stuff that would be categorized in the below severe depression category, such as stuff like glandular problems.)
If your ability to change/grow is determined by the rate by which energies flow from your root->crown.. And people with depression experience time/change as standing still, wouldn't that mean their root is quite inactive thus instead of "rushing forward in time", is actually just stuck in time? (and with an inactive root the following chakras are also weakened. For example the solar plexus which is responsible for working memory)
Sounds plausible. Please elaborate at your convenience.
Idk, it just seems to me that the way depression expresses itself is similar to a lacking root.. Stagnation.
The root and crown being blocked will make you feel "alone".

Continuing long enough to manifest physical symptoms will generate problems in the legs and affect equilibrium.
What is the condition that is not depression but causes one to often think about death or dying, while at the same time having love/light in between these feelings of being down? Is that a part of bipolar?
(06-15-2013, 04:12 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What is the condition that is not depression but causes one to often think about death or dying, while at the same time having love/light in between these feelings of being down? Is that a part of bipolar?

I experience this too because I have such an intense, emotionally based love and seemingly nothing to devote it to. So I feel worthless and spiralling out of control, and pain... I believe the solution to this is to find something you can devote your love to which will offer you feelings of understanding and acceptance in return.

Death seems to be attractive because it will offer the above feelings of understanding, acceptance, and belonging, while also offering release and relief from the pain.

Melissa

(06-15-2013, 04:54 PM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the solution to this is to find something you can devote your love to which will offer you feelings of understanding and acceptance in return.

I often feel like I long for something like that but that it simply doesn't exist here, at least not in the way that I seem to remember it.
Don't think I'll ever be able to accept that completely, which causes frustration and the desire to just *poof* dissapear.
Quote:I believe the solution to this is to find something you can devote your love to which will offer you feelings of understanding and acceptance in return.

It may sound trite but for anyone who feels this way and doesn't have a pet, you should consider going to your local shelter and adopting one, maybe even an older one or a special needs one.

I'm a huge advocate for adopting shelter pets. Shelters are full to the brim this day and age because there are animals waiting to be rescued so they can love and help transform their human families. Pets never forget such a selfless act and if you've never had a relationship with an animal closely, you should sincerely try it. Pets are like baby steps to direct human interaction. Ever notice how someone walking a dog is more approachable?

Just my two cents! Discard or recycle if you don't need it!
I have a shelter rescue german shepherd, but he ignores me most of the time. He doesn't seem to be overflowing with love towards me. But when I show him attention he seems happy some of the time, wagging his tail. He doesn't always do that.
I have a German shepherd too. There is a reason why people who don't have kids call their pets their kids, because it is a full time job, and the variety of different personality issues that a pet can have are similar to a child. They can be low IQ, high IQ, anti-social, autistic... they are prone to the same faults and struggles we are, on 3D earth at this time. One thing to keep in consideration is that pethood is one of the few/lucky ways for an end stage 2D life form to harvest into 3D. He is on a journey of discovering himself as a separate identity from the "pack". The two of you have many, many things to learn from each other, because like anything else, your relationship was predestined for these reasons.

Have you tried talking to him telepathically? Sometimes conveying yourself through simple, direct mind-to-mind talk can really ease a lot of anxiety in our pets. I've spent some time browsing, there are many online "pet telepathy" classes you can take even to really develop your skills, or there are people who have worked as pet psychics for years that I've read testimonials of some amazing stuff.
I have struggled with mild to severe depression throught this entire incarnation. I have learned one thing about it which has allowed me to be dramatically less depressed: 'band aids' only offer a very temporary solution which actually make the problem much worse later on.

For me, it was "if only she wasn't angry with me, I would at least feel ok". Or "if only I could get a 12 pack, I would feel better tonight". Or "if only I could call in to work today to play video games, my life would be less depressing." And most recently, it was "if I could get a kitten from the shelter, it would make me happy." Or "if only I can make it to Dec 21st/ when 'disclosure' happens, I will be ok."

I was wrong, it all made me feel worse in the long run. Especially the kitten, who simply absorbed my negative, depressed attitude towards life and became so destructively unmanageable that I had to return the poor guy to the shelter.

It was only until I truly accepted myself and my situation, flaws and all, that I found happiness. I had to learn to love myself in order to be any position to aid others.