Bring4th

Full Version: Another meditation: "You must first be your own."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read some channelings about seeking and how meditation is apparently the best method of seeking. So I went head-on into it and meditated on "the principles of magical self-defense." I didn't get much on that specifically but I go this message at the end:

Quote:You must first be your own;

You must know yourself;

You must be who you will be;

You must know what it takes to pursue knowledge;

It is not as simple as meditating but observing.

Any thoughts on the meaning of this or is it just pseudo-intellectual garble from my unconcious mind? Tongue I will say that "you must be your own" reminds me of this bible verse:

1 Corinthians 6:19:
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
I think those ARE the principles of "magical self-defence," well developed sense of self allows you to be free from the manipulations of others.
(06-16-2013, 11:54 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on the meaning of this or is it just pseudo-intellectual garble from my unconcious mind?
It's a worthwhile exercise to become more familiar with your own symbols, both in dream and in free association like that. Through that work, eventually you can become aware of the thought behind thought even outside the personal mind - because you will have provided a means for its expression.
Know thyself.
(06-16-2013, 12:14 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I think those ARE the principles of "magical self-defence," well developed sense of self allows you to be free from the manipulations of others.

This. I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the "magical" part of self-defence, that being said, Spaced got it right; by knowing who you are, your core identity, and by being in tune with your emotions and thoughts, you will not be manipulated or influenced by others. When you are standing on solid ground, you will recognize manipulation or influence for what it is, and you will be able to say no; you will also understand why you say no.

There is no magic in what I describe however, simply the knowing of oneself.
Quote:There is no magic in what I describe however, simply the knowing of oneself.
My understanding is that "knowing" IS magic.

Melissa

Feels like I still have a long way to go on the path of self-discovery.