Bring4th

Full Version: The Fountain [Movie discussion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ayadew

Hello friends. I would like to discuss a movie called The Fountain with you.

I wish you to see it with no knowledge other than that it's deeply spiritual. I found myself crying half-through and until the end. I felt healed, deeply moved and enlightened.
I find it incredible that a movie like this has been made with so high production value. It is truly a miracle of the new age, of spirituality being accepted and integrated into our world. Please watch it.. if you have, I wish to discuss it with you, so go below!

|
V

SPOILERS etc
My intepretation:
The first thing that struck me was the color Orange. All over, always, permeating the movie and scenes. This is the Orange chakra, the beauty, because the movie truly is beautiful. The Orange chakra represents the infinite beauty of the world. It is emotion. It is the desire to create, to connect, to bond.
(6:30 in this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEeNpLOd2g )

It is Duality, female and male becoming one. And the whole movie is about this, a couple going together for countless lifetimes, and finally becoming one.

The result of this was that I truly became much closer to understanding of the Orange chakra, the breathless beauty which is both in joy and sadness, and that which transcends duality. I realise now I only understood the Orange on an intellectual level, but now I have a solid emotional foundation for it, thanks to this movie.
I saw that move some time ago, and it did nothing for me... however, I was not yet awakened, so I may have to revisit it. Thanks for the tip Smile

ayadew

Yes, do it! BigSmile

ayadew

I must say there was an immense amount of synchronity around this movie for me. I got myself an orange stone pyramid for some reason a while ago, I didn't know why but I felt I should. There was a lot of pyramids in this movie, and orange color.. then when I sat in wonder after watching this movie my gaze fell upon this particular stone pyramid and I felt that it couldn't be coincidence. That was beyond such.

Also I've asked for why I feel blockage in my lower chakras for a while now, what this is.. not red, not yellow, then after this movie I suddenly realized that it was orange. I was not comfortable with the polarity of things, I let experiences get stuck inside me - one side of the polarity - and I didn't let the opposite flow through me. Thus there was a lot of frustration. But no more, I am further enlightened thanks to this movie. The universe brought it to me.

ayadew

I just noticed that Bring4th_GLB's avatar is from this movie RollEyes
Ok, I just watched this again last night. I got more out of it than the first time I watched it, but it appears to me that something is missing. I don't know what was edited out, but something is missing, something valuable.
Interesting, as I only remember yellow from the film. I will have to revisit as well.
Interesting ascension scene at the end Wink

3DMonkey

I tried to see this movie in the positive way you describe it.

It fell flat for me. I fell asleep. I only fall asleep in movies I don't like. My wife finished it and says I should watch it. She won't tell me the end because I'm the reason she sat through it. Oops Smile
wow wow wow.

what an AMAZING FILM.

I had been resistant to this film until now. I tried watching it when it was first released (and there was a lot of hype and buzz) and again, also, a few years later. Both times I didn't get more than 5 minutes into it ... it just didn't 'vibe' with me at the time.

but something about the film called me to it tonight ... and so I just watched it now. And what an EXPERIENCE.

if I had to pick a theme, along with the OP's thoughts, I would say that it was 'Light'. Light suffuses this film; the light of the stars, the light of lamps (both modern and antiquated), the light of the soul, the light of seeking, the light of candles, the light of 'god' and unity and 'knowing'. This bubble of light seeking the stars ... travelling ever upwards.

SPOILERS BELOW

(01-02-2010, 02:09 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]I find it incredible that a movie like this has been made with so high production value. It is truly a miracle of the new age, of spirituality being accepted and integrated into our world. P

it truly is. The image of the buddha in the lotus pose is the binding image of the last 15 minutes.

the music is also a repeating drone; like an AUM underpinning emotional and climatic self understandings.

this movie is like a mystical experience. Of the human soul coming to terms with death, loss, and doubts about the loss of love.

maybe I wasn't ready to fully apprreciate this film until this moment in my experience; it definitely came a-knocking, and I answered the call.

WOW. that is all I can say BigSmile
Its a good movie. Perhaps a tad bit... dark.
lol Mr Sure.

[Image: fT38S0q.png]

[Image: Q6JcWK4.jpg]

[Image: KMIQdG1.jpg]
*shrugs* Somehow a brainwashing woman that repeats "together we'll live forever" and compulsively gets her man killed on pointless quests for power and separation doesn't come off as particularly... Bright... Behavior.

But then again, I'm not much of a fan of beings that use mind programming to compulse other creatures to die on their behalf and so on.

Throughout the movie I was curious as to why the woman never joined the main char in the laboratory, never do we see the woman going "Oh, I know your work is hard, I wont push now, here, have a backrub." The woman in the movie deliberately and intentionally pushes the main char up and until the point of "breaking" (one might say ascending too fast for the adepts M/B/S complex to retain viability).

That being said, its also a good story about accepting defeat and loss.

Aloneness

(....) Just finished watching it. Absolutely beautiful, in every way.
It is a beautiful movie, no denying it. Just saying that its a bit... Dark...

But I suppose its all very relative on what we think is dark Wink

Aloneness

It's quite bright and full of hope, in my humble opinion. Smile