Bring4th

Full Version: Hope/Hopelessness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is life really that dire?

do you really believe that it is outside of your control to change the circumstances of your life?

that you are doomed to think the same repetitive thoughts over and over again, day after day?

is there no hope, no possibility for change?

- -

I used to think such things. But really, own your own self, and transform the innards. Magic happens inside the mind, not in the physical world.

best wishes to all those that walk in the unlit tunnels of the self. Light is waiting to be lit - like flicking a light switch. It is just over there on the corner to the right Smile

blessings
Hope is the active painter.

Hopelessness is a painter who doesn't know how to paint.

Well, that's how I tend to look at it.
Indeed it is. Once discovered and owned within the self...one's life becomes a joy to live, and you actually wake up every single day looking forward to the next!

Melissa

I tend to think I'm doing alright until I hear about ways to leave this density. Just listened to Carla, Jim and Monica on the radioshow talking about "walk ins".
Bang, upset again. I believe it means that I'm not exactly excited about being here. I don't mean to be overly negative but it's just not working, which makes me feel ungrateful which leads to guilt/shame and so on.
(06-20-2013, 07:05 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Light is waiting to be lit - like flicking a light switch. It is just over there on the corner to the right Smile
"Just go down the road a little way, turn left, across the drawbridge..."
(06-22-2013, 08:41 AM)Notalone Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to think I'm doing alright until I hear about ways to leave this density. Just listened to Carla, Jim and Monica on the radioshow talking about "walk ins".
Bang, upset again. I believe it means that I'm not exactly excited about being here. I don't mean to be overly negative but it's just not working, which makes me feel ungrateful which leads to guilt/shame and so on.

Miss Notalone, I have nothing to offer you but the pithy things I tell to myself when the negativity is overwhelming. One is that those of us who are wandering and feel lost would do well to remember that we were picked for our strengths, our abilities to overcome the worst, and our previous successes in those endeavors. Secondly is that as soon as our time is up on Earth, no matter how horribly the end may come, we will nearly immediately look back and wish we'd had more. Despair is just as divine as hope.

If ungratefulness leads you to guilt and shame, the path needs to be altered. Instead of being ungrateful for the failures, learn how to be grateful for the successes, even if they are small. Anytime you experience synchronicity, acknowledge your guides for their work, and thank them for the sign, even if you don't know what it means in the moment for sure. I think the attitude of gratitude is most important to the magical perspective.

What I try to do is, when I wake up, I run thank yous through my head, thanks to the Divine creator, thanks to myself, thanks to my guides, thanks for my dreamtime whether I remember it or not, thanks for the sunrise or the rain, thanks for the birds singing outside my window, just whatever I can get out before I roll out of my sleepy coma to face the day. The more you focus on the positives, what you like about reality, the more the universe can fill in the blanks with the things that make you feel good. It's the Law of Attraction at work. If you focus on what you like, you'll get that; if you focus on what you dislike, well, you'll get that. Consciously directing your focus to what you want and having faith and not doubt is "all" that it takes.

Lots and lots of love, my dearest.

Melissa

Thank you for the reminder and your support Guen, I admire your way of communicating which such clarity.
I realize how difficult it is, for me at least, to let go of pain and suffering because it's such a well known path, chosen a billion times before. I see how there's always a choice, even when I try to convince myself that there is no other option than to despair greatly over, well, existence. I like the idea of running thank yous through my head, definitely will do that more often. Consiously directing my focus is also something that I tend to 'forget' when I'm in thunderous mood, but I know it's possible, even with a scatterbrain.
Thanks again Guen, I hope all is well and you're enjoying the weekend.