Bring4th

Full Version: Most “super” supermoon of 2013 on June 22-23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
something I found on the internet; I cannot vouch for it; maybe some astrologers hwre can speak to its significance??

Quote:Full moon falls on June 23, 2013 at 11:32 UTC (6:32 a.m. CDT in the U.S.). Thus, for many, the moon appears about as full in the June 22 evening sky as it does on the evening of June 23. This full moon is not only the closest and largest full moon of the year. It also presents the moon’s closest encounter with Earth for all of 2013. The moon will not be so close again until August, 2014. In other words, it’s not just a supermoon. It’s the closest supermoon of 2013.

At United States’ time zones, the moon will turn full on June 23 at 7:32 a.m. EDT, 6:32 a.m. CDT, 5:32 a.m. MDT and 4:32 a.m. PDT.

We astronomers call this sort of close full moon a perigee full moon. The word perigee describes the moon’s closest point to Earth for a given month. Two years ago, when the closest and largest full moon fell on March 19, 2011, many used the term supermoon, which we’d never heard before. Last year, we heard this term again to describe the year’s closest full moon on May 6, 2012. Now the term supermoon is being used a lot. Last month’s full moon – May 24-25, 2013 – was also a supermoon. But the June full moon is even more super! In other words, the time of full moon falls even closer to the time of perigee, the moon’s closest point to Earth. The crest of the moon’s full phase in June 2013, and perigee, fall within an hour of each other.

What does supermoon mean exactly? And how special is the June 23, 2013 supermoon? Follow the links below to find out.

What is a supermoon?

How super is this supermoon?

How often is moon both full and closest to Earth?

Will the tides be higher than usual?

Your best photos: May 2013 supermoon

Does a supermoon have a super effect on us?

thanks!
Also no one seems to have mentioned that it's the solstice today. Between that and the supermoon I am getting the feeling that there is going to be a lot of nice energy to work with this weekend BigSmile
Seems like every full moon this year is significant! This coming from and astrological standpoint...

I like to read this astrology blog, if anyone's interest, the first part of the astrologer's write ups about this moon. Always fun to consider the energies being stirred up.
http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology/...oul-g.html

Astrologically, the New Moon is when you plant the "seeds" of intention, and the Full Moon is harvest time. So anything that may have been set into motion 2 weeks ago should bear some fruit this weekend.

Much love and (extra moon)light this weekend!

Melissa

Well, this is exciting! Superduper moon weekend y'all Smile
Thanks for sharing this plenum! I'm very excited because I'll be spending the weekend at a family gathering in a very remote area, on the country side. I currently live in the city so even in the best of nights, light pollution makes it impossible to see all the stars. I'm really looking forward to star and moon gazing this weekend! BigSmile Hope everyone else with clear skies will also have the occasion to enjoy it Smile

Bat

I shall need to keep an eye out for the super moon. Thanks for the heads up.
(06-21-2013, 02:22 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I shall need to keep an eye out for the super moon. Thanks for the heads up.

This is wise.
I encountered the super moon several times in the past and it was always jarring: I had a house mate that would often wake me by standing at the foot of my bed, dropping his trousers, and clapping his buttocks with his hands. Then he'd fall over laughing.
Watch out.
Tons of subconscious issues coming to the surface. Definitely a certain flavor to the energy.

Woke up at 6am with dream where one of my guides coming in the form of a coworker asking me if "are you all talk?"

Finally slept at 9am had a dream where I was meditating in the dream and had a (left?) ear tone about thinking You are the Creator, the words "TRY" (to believe that), and then as I tried, spiraling sensation and things broke apart into particles in meditation in the dream.

Nap at 4pm since I slept a total of 5.5 hours last night. Got a long dream where me and my guide were being chased, but every few moments we could stop and talk when we lost our pursuers and he basically told me that I need to stop pursuing these limited strategies when it comes to dating, in the past years keeping it only super casual, now seemingly only interested in intense romantic relationships, and to just go with the flow. I got the vibe he just wanted to see me happy. What was also interesting was that it felt that the pursuers were there to stop the communication between my guide and I. Also interesting was I was half-asleep when having this dream and could notice the noises of my surroundings since there were children running around outside the door to the room I was sleeping in.

Otherwise, felt a bit grumpy the rest of the day, which is par for the course before a full moon.

It's been interesting to say the least. Full moons usually energetically affect me the strongest in the 1-2 days prior, so this is right on track.
(06-21-2013, 08:15 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Tons of subconscious issues coming to the surface. Definitely a certain flavor to the energy.

Woke up at 6am with dream where one of my guides coming in the form of a coworker asking me if "are you all talk?"

what do you think that means? that you think you're not doing 'enough' in your life right now? not applying the 'spiritual principles' in practice??

(06-21-2013, 08:15 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]It's been interesting to say the least. Full moons usually energetically affect me the strongest in the 1-2 days prior, so this is right on track.

yah, full moons 'pull' stuff up to the surface that has been sitting in the basement of the subconscious for too long ... neglected ... unlooked at. Strong emotions are par for the course all round Smile

I had an outburst where I sort of cried out that I missed Cyan ... and it was just me needing to say goodbye to a childhood friend that left Australia to return to USA when his expat parents were re-assigned jobwise. The past is ever present until accepted!!

thanks for sharing your mental/emotional state with us xise. You make such an earnest attempt to understand yourself, that it is well appreciated; at least by me!!!

plenum

Melissa

Deary, the energies are way too intense at the moment. I feel like i'm about to blow a fuse or something.
There's a lot of stuff going on in the basement, most of it makes me angry at first and then break down and cry, frequently ending in laughter. I suppose it's ok, though rather exhausting.
(06-22-2013, 01:46 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2013, 08:15 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Tons of subconscious issues coming to the surface. Definitely a certain flavor to the energy.

what do you think that means? that you think you're not doing 'enough' in your life right now? not applying the 'spiritual principles' in practice??

Well, I think it was related dating, because previously I am wanted causal relationships when it came to dating because I did not accept myself but always told myself when I worked out my issues I would open myself up to another person. I'm definitely minimally balanced at this point and totally am ready to open up, but now I think I may be using the excuse of looking for the perfect girl to delay actually finding someone.
[Image: 79CI2H4.jpg]
Quote:“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect: her indeterminate response to inaffirmative interrogation: her potency over effluent and refluent waters: her power to enamour, to mortify, to invest with beauty, to render insane, to incite to and aid delinquency: the tranquil inscrutability of her visage: the terribility of her isolated dominant resplendent propinquity: her omens of tempest and of calm: the stimulation of her light, her motion and her presence: the admonition of her craters, her arid seas, her silence: her splendour, when visible: her attraction, when invisible.”

― James Joyce, Ulysses
I am not someone who is normally consciously very energy sensitive, but last night I could feel the energies quite distinctly. I pulled up a chair in my backyard facing the moon and conducted a spontaneous magical ritual.

Thursday night I did not conduct any magical ritual but I did gaze at Luna with my telescope. I wasn't aware it was the solstice.
Did not look so 'super' big but it was beautiful:
[Image: photo.jpg]
This time I was fairly unaffected aside from heavy fractals (but they may have been induced by alcohol and such). My mother, however, went completely primal animal (to avoid her channeling actual animals I had to stop arguing and momentarily reharmonize before she would find her way back saying 'sorry' all the while) and my father went aloof and played solo on his chakras for no good reason.

Starting to question the long term 'benefits' of moon...