Bring4th

Full Version: I appreciate pain and suffering.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to express my appreciation for the experience of pain, whether it is physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc. Pain and suffering were once quite hellish to me, in that I always tried to avoid them as any being with an animal-type body would.

Since I have grown so much in awareness of what IS, and the 5 senses of my body are not so rigid and constricting as they used to be, I can honestly say that when I experience pain now, the experience has with it a quality of a learning a valuable lesson, and my mind is just as eager and willing to learn from the experience while my body experiences the 'negative stimulus'.

It is quite obvious to me that almost no human would believe that pain and suffering will ever go away completely from 'the human experience' and I agree with this concept. I highly suggest we all learn as a species that pain and suffering are useful experiences and there is nothing to fear from them. They are to be understood and digested, and can actually be looked forward to when you finally accept the purity of that experience in it's ability to catapult you into higher levels of self-growth.

The joy and bliss of creation can always be felt by the self, even in the midst of great physical or emotional pain....as a background...as a faint guiding voice which is still palpable to one's senses...

One must simply practice sensing it when in the middle of great struggle.

Much love and joy to you all!

Melissa

Great post turtle, thank you for sharing.
Pain is a great catalyst. I want to write miles about it but I think most of us know instinctually ^^.
I have suffered most of my adult life from cluster headaches. Usually they occur for periods of weeks without a break, most commonly in spring and autumn, although they can also appear at any time. The pain during these attacks is beyond description. There is nothing that hurts more, by a long way and then some. Medication proved ineffective, the usual analgesics do nothing,
In the past I had appealed to any entity listening to aid me in getting rid of this pain, but to no avail.
A few weeks ago another bout of attacks started. The worst thing is knowing that the series has just begun and that days of acute torment will follow. It is also of concern to my family who are unable to help and must witness this repeated torture of my physical vehicle.
My vitality and general energy level becomes depleted so that time otherwise spent in spiritual pursuit is required to simply recover between episodes.
I had had enough of this bullshit. Really it had become just too sick for words.
I asked my guides (actually anyone) to help me again, but this time it was a different calling. I was not just asking to be rid of the pain but for more of an in depth account of why this was
happening and how I could better empower myself to deal with the situation.
My thinking was along the lines of "I must be able to heal myself if I fully own the problem". I took full responsibility for my condition and quit searching for a 'cure' in the form of medicine. I asked to be shown how to heal this condition by drawing on inner strength.
The replies and advice I was given were life changing, in two most specific ways.
I was told the real cause of these headaches (pertaining to my specific case), namely lack of oxygen in the brain.
I was also told that negative entities had latched on to this weakness of my body and had been constantly striving to exploit these episodes for their own gain. This made so much sense to me.

I knew the next attack was on it's way (sufferers call this phase the 'shadows') and I had no more than 5 minutes before I was a total wreck once again. I started the breathing exercise I was told about and continued this for a good 10 minutes. To my surprise and utter joy the pain subsided and the attack was successfully aborted. This was the first time ever that this had happened.
During the course of the next 2 days this procedure repeated. First the signs of the imminent attack, then the breathing.
It worked every time.
I no longer fear the next episode because now I'm master of me.

I can not tell you how relieved I am to have defeated 'the beast'.
This has been a long struggle with some bad ass catalyst I can tell you.
I thank the Creator and my guides for giving me this chance to grow and become a more responsible being.
I'm so grateful for you, Ashim. I've suffered from migraine headaches since I was 6 years old, my life has been lived attending to and trying to eliminate the myriad of triggers that presented themselves. Now as an adult, the things I have to worry about are: caffeine fluctuation (I just need to eliminate this all together), and my hormonal cycle (still glad to have more girls around? Tongue) It's been way better in general as I've been healthier in the past year, but I think the biggest influence that I had left bothering me was smoking. I was on/off there for a while and it seemed if I smoked between cycles, the next one would be worse than between the ones that I didn't. My husband has learned some effect pressure point therapy to help. I've been working on the mindset of "I don't get migraines anymore" so we'll see if my hormones are still out of balance this month or not.

I'm so very relieved for you, congratulations.
(06-23-2013, 04:34 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I have suffered most of my adult life from cluster headaches. Usually they occur for periods of weeks without a break, most commonly in spring and autumn, although they can also appear at any time. The pain during these attacks is beyond description. There is nothing that hurts more, by a long way and then some. Medication proved ineffective, the usual analgesics do nothing,
In the past I had appealed to any entity listening to aid me in getting rid of this pain, but to no avail.
A few weeks ago another bout of attacks started. The worst thing is knowing that the series has just begun and that days of acute torment will follow. It is also of concern to my family who are unable to help and must witness this repeated torture of my physical vehicle.
My vitality and general energy level becomes depleted so that time otherwise spent in spiritual pursuit is required to simply recover between episodes.
I had had enough of this bullshit. Really it had become just too sick for words.
I asked my guides (actually anyone) to help me again, but this time it was a different calling. I was not just asking to be rid of the pain but for more of an in depth account of why this was
happening and how I could better empower myself to deal with the situation.
My thinking was along the lines of "I must be able to heal myself if I fully own the problem". I took full responsibility for my condition and quit searching for a 'cure' in the form of medicine. I asked to be shown how to heal this condition by drawing on inner strength.
The replies and advice I was given were life changing, in two most specific ways.
I was told the real cause of these headaches (pertaining to my specific case), namely lack of oxygen in the brain.
I was also told that negative entities had latched on to this weakness of my body and had been constantly striving to exploit these episodes for their own gain. This made so much sense to me.

I knew the next attack was on it's way (sufferers call this phase the 'shadows') and I had no more than 5 minutes before I was a total wreck once again. I started the breathing exercise I was told about and continued this for a good 10 minutes. To my surprise and utter joy the pain subsided and the attack was successfully aborted. This was the first time ever that this had happened.
During the course of the next 2 days this procedure repeated. First the signs of the imminent attack, then the breathing.
It worked every time.
I no longer fear the next episode because now I'm master of me.

I can not tell you how relieved I am to have defeated 'the beast'.
This has been a long struggle with some bad ass catalyst I can tell you.
I thank the Creator and my guides for giving me this chance to grow and become a more responsible being.

Beautiful...and don't forget to thank yourself for being willing to learn more of yourself and master yourself!
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. Both Eckhart Tolle and Deepak Chopra agree that conscious suffering (ie experiencing pain equanimously) is the best way to pay off karmic debt. Buddha teaches us that our sankara (aka karma) is released with Vipassana meditation, if we maintain equinimity during the process.
Vipassana meditation sounds interesting. I'm all for taking care of my karma as I don't want a difficult life in the next one. I wonder if karma follows you into 4D.
yeah, there is a great gift in pain and suffering. It is usually to draw attention to a part of ourselves that we have neglected ... and once we understand what we were neglecting, the pain and suffering can dissipate most quickly.

it's one, amongst many, learning tools Smile