Bring4th

Full Version: Gideon's Army
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just a documentary that will be released in July 2013 about public defenders...it's what I used to do, and the trailer is very accurate about my/our motivations.

Though I left my public defending career of 5 years behind, a part of me will always be a public defender. I post this because to see this trailer is understand a part of me and why I defend "guilty people."

The conversation where the attorney comforts the scared client particularly hits home. I've definitely had to do that...that thousand yard stare when a client gets hammer by a cruel mandatory sentencing provision of the law to tens of years...s*** used to keep me up at night...definitely had a DA tell the jury that this wasn't a big case and I go off..trailer brings back some memories. "True Believers" haha, a phrase of disgust used by some DAs, a badge of honor for all PDs.

I will miss my clients. Both the ones I saved, the ones I lost, and the ones that I had yet to meet.
Thank you for your service, xise.

Accused criminals are one of the many peoples that really need our compassion and support.

Brittany

You are such an awesome guy, Xise.
Thanks for all the love guys! Smile

Can't wait to watch the documentary.

And for the record, I plan on going into pro-environment environmental law, disability laws, civil liberties and maybe even transition into social entrepreneurship...we'll see. It was just time for me to move on from the trenches. I felt the need to be able to create more whole-scale changes in the system...we'll see.
I am an accused criminal, though I haven't had a court date to say either way and no sentencing yet. It was due to my mental illness, so beyond my control. I hope I have a good public defender. I have a good therapist that might be able to help as well, so I think I am in good hands. I am so glad I have a spirit guide and beings that love me unconditionally, as I need that love. I send love to all beings, especially the confederation. I hope the case gets dismissed.

(06-25-2013, 02:09 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Accused criminals are one of the many peoples that really need our compassion and support.
(06-25-2013, 11:57 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am an accused criminal, though I haven't had a court date to say either way and no sentencing yet. It was due to my mental illness, so beyond my control. I hope I have a good public defender. I have a good therapist that might be able to help as well, so I think I am in good hands. I am so glad I have a spirit guide and beings that love me unconditionally, as I need that love. I send love to all beings, especially the confederation. I hope the case gets dismissed.

(06-25-2013, 02:09 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Accused criminals are one of the many peoples that really need our compassion and support.

You're not an accused criminal. You're a human being.
More specifically I'm a light being having a human experience.