Bring4th

Full Version: Openness: not hiding who you are
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is the poker game analogy for 3d life. It's one of Carla's favourites, and also Spaced uses it as his 'quote' too on his profile I think.

here it is:

Quote:50.7 Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin — and we stress begin — to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game.

This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love; can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.”

This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit beingness totality.

is there any need to hide who you are? your limitations, your looks, your foibles? these were all pre-incarnational choices, chosen by the self (higher self) in full awareness of what those limitations of body, mind, and abilities would entail. It chose the body, it chose the looks, it chose the personality shell. This is 'you' in this lifetime. What is there to be ashamed of, to hide from others?

indeed; let us lay our cards on the table and say; yes, this is who I am, and you may dislike or reject it, but I hide nothing from you. Is there any reason to dissociate from the self any longer?

plenum
If the object of the game is Hide and Seek and you don't Hide the other-self can't Seek. Is good if you want to stop playing games, but then, why incarnate to reality where hiding is part of the rules, except to stop playing by the rules...
I was gonna do a similar analogy with 'search and find'. Some things needs to be found by looking at events, objects, people in a certain set of ways. To find there must be something else which is not immediately apparent. This, however, is not the same as hiding.

For example, I have many things which people are free to find out and not immediately apparent. Depending on the situation, divulging ones entire being may even be harmful to recipient.
I have in general found that divulging the whole of my being on 3rd D earth ends up being very very bad for the people around me who are either not aware of higher things, or not aware that telepathy/etc are possible. s*** like that tends to not only confuse people, it tends to make people go psychotic and then avoid me for fear of my "causing psychosis by talking to people" abilities interfere with their 3d World.
I'm not open with everything to anyone, including my therapist. There are some things I don't want to stir up trouble with, or just plain embarrassed to have as part of my life.
(06-25-2013, 05:50 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]is there any need to hide who you are? your limitations, your looks, your foibles? these were all pre-incarnational choices, chosen by the self (higher self) in full awareness of what those limitations of body, mind, and abilities would entail. It chose the body, it chose the looks, it chose the personality shell. This is 'you' in this lifetime. What is there to be ashamed of, to hide from others?

indeed; let us lay our cards on the table and say; yes, this is who I am, and you may dislike or reject it, but I hide nothing from you. Is there any reason to dissociate from the self any longer?

Great thoughts, plenum!

I also thought of this quote:

Ra, 17.30 Wrote:The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex.

The ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation... Just think about it!

Indeed it requires a great self knowledge. Smile
I'v always hidden parts of myself from others, when i was young it was sadness. It got to the point where all this sadness built up and exploded as you would expect.
(06-25-2013, 04:12 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]I'v always hidden parts of myself from others, when i was young it was sadness. It got to the point where all this sadness built up and exploded as you would expect.

I assume you express it better nowadays?
[/quote]

I assume you express it better nowadays?
[/quote]

I would say i understand emotions and do not let them effect my temperament. As for hiding parts of my self i do hide my spiritual seeking from my housemate. At first it was because i had to justify it fully before i told him, but now i wouldn't want to take away the privileged of finding the truth as i feel it is quite important.

Ludi

edited
This is one of the aspects of this incarnation that has me stumped tbh. When I go to work, I am a completely different person than when I am by myself or in public by myself. I just fail to see how one can truly integrate within a society that is so enslaved by their own illusion.

To attempt to speak to someone like we speak here has been nothing short of disappointing. When I try to explain the utter silliness of material possessions, living life by reveling in the simpler things, pointing out the falacious actions of judging others based on their looks yet inform these so called Christians that Jesus would have accepted them, results in scoffs along with many "yea ok" responses.

I guess as long as I'm at least putting the perspective out there, I can at least hope it will make its mark somehow but many times, it just seems like a waste of time.
I've found that telling certain people everything about yourself isn't always appropriate. I went through a period where I felt like I had to splurge everything, and while it was a healthy exercise in being honest and facing fear, not much changed.

I think the idea is to use the moment to speak honestly when dealing with catalyst. That way there is no hiding from the other. And what's great is this honest communication ALWAYS brings clarity to the situation that could not have come about without just diving right in and saying what's on your mind. A lot of the time issues between two people simply involve misunderstanding, as people form their own viewpoints on things that can be entirely wrong. How can anything be addressed if we don't speak up? It creates real progress. I can understand how blue ray is a primary ray, and using it is a powerful tool especially when seeking balance. I've been working with it the past year and a tremendous amount of insight has been gained. What's great is once your thoughts are released, you literally have new thoughts that weren't possible from the stifled/blocked energy. Balance can then be achieved.

Development of indigo seems related to others' expectations of you or impressions of you, and learning to stay true to yourself, trust yourself, and be who you are.
I think the main point of "laying your cards on the table" is to simultaneously embrace every type of potential act and love it as it comes. This will result in your future creations to be coming from a place of love/Oneness. This will heighten your frequency/locality/density to that of 4th or above.

In other words, your not really ending the game (for it never ends), you are moving to a new game with a new set of parameters. One that can be enjoyed through variations of Universal Love.
It takes great balancing, of all of the centers, to lay all of ones cards on the table and accept whatever response the other self offers.
(07-06-2013, 05:14 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]It takes great balancing, of all of the centers, to lay all of ones cards on the table and accept whatever response the other self offers.

Not to disagree, but I think the focus could be narrowed to balancing of the heart/green-ray generating force to be of true acceptance/understanding "other" selves. The balancing of the Universal/Infinite Love center.
(07-06-2013, 05:49 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2013, 05:14 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]It takes great balancing, of all of the centers, to lay all of ones cards on the table and accept whatever response the other self offers.

Not to disagree, but I think the focus could be narrowed to balancing of the heart/green-ray generating force to be of true acceptance/understanding "other" selves. The balancing of the Universal/Infinite Love center.

What you say may be true, but I had great difficulty laying my own cards on the table when I lacked self-acceptance.

Ludi

edited

Unbound

I'm kinda drunk, does that count?
Openness isn't about unleashing everything through, it is about unleashing what needs to pass through.

I think the way to look at it is to not create any blocks in your energetic body. There is no reason to force out your flaws cause that will get you nowhere.

But if you have been blocking them out from the world, if it is something that your being needs to let out, that is when you need to be open.

It is ideal to be able to express yourself as your true self, but "rome wasn't build in a day."
One thing I've learned about been honesty....it's not appreciated, even when asked "your honest opinion" But that has never stop me been an honesty open person...it has cause me lot's of suffering, I've tried been "diplomatic" but I'm can't stand BullSh1t so I'm terrible at it. I've suffer a great deal and very few will appreciate it.
(07-18-2013, 01:51 AM)3nT Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I've learned about been honesty....it's not appreciated, even when asked "your honest opinion" But that has never stop me been an honesty open person...it has cause me lot's of suffering, I've tried been "diplomatic" but I'm can't stand BullSh1t so I'm terrible at it. I've suffer a great deal and very few will appreciate it.

Well, Ra has said it himself: Humans aren't too good at honesty.
(06-25-2013, 03:33 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not open with everything to anyone, including my therapist. There are some things I don't want to stir up trouble with, or just plain embarrassed to have as part of my life.

This is the same reason I never went into official therapy. If you cant be honest with your therapist you're just wasting theirs, and yours time. And if being honest they would have to commit you for the rest of your life then there can be no real dialogue between equals or real help. So I never went down "that" particular path. With hindsight, I have to say I prefer it this way to having to remember what I lied to my therapist last time...
(07-18-2013, 01:55 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2013, 01:51 AM)3nT Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I've learned about been honesty....it's not appreciated, even when asked "your honest opinion" But that has never stop me been an honesty open person...it has cause me lot's of suffering, I've tried been "diplomatic" but I'm can't stand BullSh1t so I'm terrible at it. I've suffer a great deal and very few will appreciate it.

Well, Ra has said it himself: Humans aren't too good at honesty.

Yes! true, look what happened to the teachings of Ra in Egypt.
I believe it was Q'uo who said that other-selves respond best when we communicate from green-ray instead of blue ray. Truth can be subjective, and it can fall into yellow ray if we hold our truths above others' truths. Operating from a mode of just trying to express love is most effective.