Bring4th

Full Version: Is spiritual pain an indicator of balancing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we feel stricken, is the pain we feel just an indicator of progress? Is the pain a reaction of the balancing process itself? And as we sit and feel the pain, things gradually resolve?

Sure this sounds simplistic but I just want to see if I can get more answers here.

Thanks!
Any catalyst which is acknowledged and finally accepted leads to balancing. The indicator is the new congruency with that aspect of self which was accepted. The indicator will differ based on what is already provided from self. You only really become aware of that balancing, as a conscious indicator of progress, when you understand your mind sufficiently. There are other indicators of balancing outside of an understanding of mind, but they will not inform as such but rather just present as feelings and sensations.
(06-26-2013, 08:13 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]When we feel stricken, is the pain we feel just an indicator of progress? Is the pain a reaction of the balancing process itself? And as we sit and feel the pain, things gradually resolve?

Sure this sounds simplistic but I just want to see if I can get more answers here.

Thanks!

When you have a desire, and you are focused upon that which is in opposition to that desire, you will experience suffering (pain). Sometimes, pain can just be an after effect of leaving your "comfort zone". As you settle into a new equilibrium, sometimes the transition is too fast, and you aren't quite up to speed with it yet, so will experience a degree of discomfort as you acclimate to a new homeostasis.

If that's not the case, you need to figure out what it is you are focusing on, or thinking about, or how you are interpreting things, which is causing you to focus in opposition to that which you truly desire. Emotion arises in response to what you are thinking about. Distorted, or imbalanced thought, results in distorted or imbalanced emotion. As the thoughts become more balanced, the distortions become less, and the emotional manifestation begins to more and more resemble a positive sense of well being.

To relieve the suffering, you either have to stop desiring, or you have to change your focus to be more positive in regards to what you want. Ceasing desire is a process of dismantling beliefs, which can be a time consuming affair. It is better, in the short run at least, to stop focusing in a resistant way, and when you are feeling more at peace, you can analyze beliefs and what they really entail. Beliefs are just thoughts, or foci, as well. They are just more habitually entrenched than surface thoughts are.

Or you can just stop thinking for a while. If you can meditate, and release thought (or some degree of it) and just experience pure being, you will feel the suffering disperse (for at least a while) while you center yourself in pure beingness (or some relative approximation at least), which is, from our 3rd density perspective, resistance free. Sometimes when you leave the problem in this way, for a while, and then go back to it, you approach it from a more balanced perspective, and the solution becomes apparent.

Ultimately, though, there is really no way around changing your viewpoint. Therein lie all the distortions. All the balancing work is there.
perhaps what you are feeling, Adonai, is the 'pain' of being out of harmony. It is like hearing the jangling or bum notes of piano out-of-tune ... the out-of-tune instrument in this case being one's own soul or energy system.

in that case there, it can be a great signal or feedback to do the 'work' to get one 'back' in tune, to re-align with the principles that one may have had before incarnating ... and before the process of living and schooling in our society distorted those more pure patterns of a new child.

a child under the age of 12 is really like a sponge; they just absorb the societal and environmental distortions around them ... and those distortions are many and varied here on planet earth today. One did not have the intellectual or philosophical framework in which to understand or prcoess those distortions, and yet one is left with the ongoing legacy of faulty thought patterns of generations of people (the 'attitudes' of our society as presently constituted).

those 'adopted patterns' are not totally conducive to a free flow of self; and most people who undergo a spiritual awakening find themselves having to reconsitute their belief system; shredding the belief patterns of the old (once those patterns are identified) and replacing them with 'self-chosen' thoughts; one's that in this context may be more 'balanced'.

one does not doubt the intentions or the will of the seekers on this forum ... it is more having the psychological tools to identify those distorted patterns (asking the right questions basically) and then seeing where one has 'misinterpreted' or 'misunderstood' experiences earlier in life ... where one drew a 'negative conclusion' rather than seeing the love or light that was being offered in that situation.

this re-analysis of one's being and one's past serves the dual purpose of allieviating karma but also to gain understanding (wisdom) over one's thought processes. Once you know why you thought the things that you did, you will be immune from similiar mistakes in the future, as well as having a greater comprehension of other beings who have made similiar mis-steps in their experience; and this breeds a great amount of compassion as well as the ability to offer guidance to them when the call or need arises.

the past is like a gigantic mine of hidden gold waiting to be refined; sometimes we see the surrounding dirt and the roughness of the ore, and think, not much to be gained here. But through the fires of self-transformation a great phoenix can be reborn; and such a being rises high into the sky.

- -

for myself, I stumbled around till my mid-late 20's before I began this process; if one begins much earlier, like you are attempting to do so, you will be a buddha by the time you are 24.

you have great intelligence and great articulation. When this is honed I have no doubt you will be one of the brightest alumni that bring4th has ever seen.

peace brother

you have a great resource and a great help in this community. You can advance most most quickly.

namaste.
Is it possible to be an adept, but not much with words?