Bring4th

Full Version: Dreaming is Healing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sometimes in our busy lives, the first thing that we skimp on is sleep. Enough sleep. Enough quality sleep. Enough sleep to dream deeply enough.

Here is what Ra offers on the repairative functions of REM sleep:

Quote:86.12 Questioner: Is there any other function of dreaming that is of value in the evolutionary process?

Ra: I am Ra. Although there are many which are of some value we would choose two to note, since these two, though not of value in polarization, may be of value in a more generalized sense.

The activity of dreaming is an activity in which there is made a finely wrought and excellently fashioned bridge from conscious to unconscious. In this state the various distortions which have occurred in the energy web of the body complex, due to the misprecision with which energy influxes have been received, are healed. With the proper amount of dreaming comes the healing of these distortions. Continued lack of this possibility can cause seriously distorted mind/body/spirit complexes.

The other function of the dreaming which is of aid is that type of dream which is visionary and which prophets and mystics have experienced from days of old. Their visions come through the roots of mind and speak to a hungry world. Thus the dream is of service without being of a personally polarizing nature. However, in that mystic or prophet [who] desires to serve, such service will increase the entity’s polarity.

- -

I can definitely associate with this. When I first started doing night shift work many years ago, there was a difficult period of adapting. Combine this with the fact that I started using caffeine to keep me awake - this further interfered with the natural sleep and dream cycle.

it's like in our society sleep is seen as mechanical, and something that happens between 'work phases'; it is not seen in any way as a holy encounter of the self with deep self, and the act of communication that is the revelation of dreams.

so yeah, value one's rest, one's sleep! it is healing when dealing with distortions that we have not fully comprehended or seen for what they are.

peace Smile

Melissa

Sleep has become sacred to me ever since I moved here. After a lifetime of restless nights I now tend to fall asleep as soon as I lay my head to rest. Oh, that feels so good. I think I've been dealing with a lot of stuff in dreamtime lately, last night was very romantic. Blush
One of my issues that I know I need to resolve is the dependence upon stimulants to keep me going throughout the day and I'm sure it has an effect on me spiritually. I had taken those fat burning energy pills for, well, far far too long. It doesn't really hamper my ability to sleep per se but I've always wondered if its inhibiting me from being more attuned spiritually.

It's to the point that if I don't take them every couple hours, I'm yawning so ferociously, I'm a waking zombie without them. The problem now is that I work so much with so little physical rest, I need them even more. I'd love to take two weeks off to detox from them but that's impossible at this point.

I even had a reiki master tell me that my kidneys were suffering because of it during a healing. She thought it was lack of water but when I told her I drank 2 gallons a day, she said it must be from caffeine.
Yeah, using dreams to polarize as described in 86.7 were important for me as I was growing up. They moved me like real life events. I still learn from them. You will dream best if you go to bed at a decent time as opposed to staying up really late. That's how it works for me at least. Rest is so important!
I could literally sleep all day every day if I wanted, I've rarely had trouble falling asleep, and practicing meditation has only made sleep that much easier. My poor husband, however, struggles often with getting adequate rest and staying asleep for more than an hour or two at a time most nights. He's been working on a novel for a long time now, and I think his guides try to poke him awake at 3AM almost every single night. If he manages to alert to them at that time, he can usually get some good writing done. It's very much set in his head that "I won't get any sleep tonight" or "I'll be up at 3:30" or "I won't be able to sleep any later than 5am" so it's hard when I know he's set his "alarm" pretty deep. If he hasn't gotten any rest it's almost impossible for him to be creative.

I think most humans are so exhausted that they consider sleeping a "break" when really, we do some much while we're asleep! If when you crash out at night you fall asleep thinking, "I'm gonna sleep dead like a log", I can't imagine too many entities trying to bother you out of that. Also, medications and chemicals we consume have to have a cumulative effect on some people. I've always wondered, if say too much fluoride, causing pineal trouble, interferes with our sleep/dreaming? Or is it done more in the frontal lobe part of the brain?
I've always done a lot of dreamwork and it has very much assisted me in polorizing when I awake by showing me unforgiven people in my past and parts of myself. I've also gotten to experiance a few different social memory complexes that I was a part of in the past in my dreams. (One SMC was Orion in nature and I was severely out of place there but wanting to help).
(06-28-2013, 10:18 AM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered, if say too much fluoride, causing pineal trouble, interferes with our sleep/dreaming? Or is it done more in the frontal lobe part of the brain?

It's true that melatonin is produced in the pineal gland, however it is not the only producent. Several other glands do as well.

The pineal gland will calcify if your orange-ray is weak. A functioning orange ray will keep your system relaxed and loose.

Being exposed to light containing the blue part of the spectrum will inhibit production though, keeping you awake. For example, the light computer screens emitt is designed so as to emulate the sun during midday (containing much blue, cold light).
I'm awake with stomach pains some nights. I'm on a med for stomach acid, but it doesn't work every night. Most nights though it does. I don't have problems sleeping, though some nights it takes an hour to fall asleep. I get about 10 hours of sleep a night.