Bring4th

Full Version: Playing games that usually require violence as a pacifist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Will this polarize one positively? Or are games just "sleeping" as Ra calls most human entertainment? Tongue
Games are a good way to learn about the self, the far seeing adept will understand that each moment contains a vast reservoir of lessons to be extracted. We shall take things lightly , with humor , even death and decay.
I learned the concept of catalyst and growth through RPGs and it in Fable it even has a polarization chart.

In response to your question it all depends on the heart of the player.

Unbound

Depends if we use our experience with the game as a catalyst towards service to self or service to others. I learned immensely from video games, but that is also because I treated them as something I could learn from.

Video games are also the Creator aha
(06-30-2013, 08:47 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Will this polarize one positively? Or are games just "sleeping" as Ra calls most human entertainment? Tongue

Since this particular game does not involve interaction with others (it is a single player game), it will polarize neither negatively or positively, at least, to any significant degree.

But let us not forget: "We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will."

So don't worry if you want to play games like this as a "bad guy" rather than the "good guy". These are healthy outlets for the shadow self.
It's a good insight into what you may 'want to do', but prevent yourself from doing. I'm terribly violent in video games but not real life. It's how I am when all the 'consequences' are removed.

It was eye opening once I realized this (for myself).
I'm more into the games such as Zelda and Super Mario Bros old school Nintendo. That was my generation. But still, I've played Metal Gear, which has a degree of violence to it as well. Even Super Mario Bros can be considered violent if you consider that killing enemies is part of it. Like was said earlier, it all depends on the heart of the player as to the polarity one can achieve. I achieved the objective of the game without getting too emotionally invested in it. I knew one person who would swear profusely when he didn't strike a kill in one of those first person shooter games.
In a current fantasy strategy game, my character is a sentient fountain of blood whose wailing drives nearby mortals insane and that possesses young girls to communicate. I rule an empire where I've sacrificed thousands of slaves to summon hundreds of demons to use as armies against my enemies. I've also killed thousands in the cities of my foes by spreading the black plague.

I hope this isn't polarizing me. If it is, I'm f'ed. Smile
I tried polarizing negative in Fable yesterday and today and I kept doing good deeds and couldn't be bad enough.
(06-30-2013, 08:47 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Or are games just "sleeping" as Ra calls most human entertainment? Tongue

I think, personally, that when Ra made that comment -

"34.13 Questioner: What is the general overall effect of television on our society with respect to this catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. Without ignoring the green-ray attempts of many to communicate via this medium such information, truth, and beauty as may be helpful, we must suggest that the sum effect of this gadget is that of distraction and sleep."

they were speaking of the net effect of such gadgets (and tv would naturally extend into computer/gaming/internet/consoles of today).

it is all up to the individual whether they use such tools to 'go to sleep' as Ra puts it, or to avoid dealing with the self (ie the catalysts that are present in one's daily round of experience; especially if one is in full time work, then the hours of leisure are fairly limited in the evening and must be weighed carefully, with the consideration that one may be exhausted and tired too, and so such 'distraction' might be very appealing).

gaming, to me, represents the next front in the expression of the mass mind (ie collective unconscious) occupying the place that movies once did, and that cable tv shows have been exemplifying for a few years now. There is much to observe when the budgets of these games sometimes reaches into the 30 and 40 million dollar range; you have a lot of creatives pooling their collective reach into the collective mind to deliver something that will engage a large number of people.

- -

I think it is also good to remember that once you start working with the higher centres, catalyst can be created by the self from almost any stimulus, and so for an individual who is intensely aware of the processes of mind, the actual external experience becomes much less of an over-riding factor. It is the transformation of that catalyst into higher vibratonal food which then drives the process:

"The more conscious entity, being conscious of the catalytic process, will begin to transform the catalyst offered by the sub-Logos into catalyst which may act upon the higher energy nexi. 54.17"

so it doesn't really matter to such an individual whether it is a computer game, a baseball game, or a walk through a sewer ... such an individual can find catalytic food in almost anything.