Bring4th

Full Version: Initiation, and the Re-Centering of Attention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to examine the concept of 'Initiation' and what it means in the context of Ra. They give a few clues as to what they intend in their writings about the Great Pyramid.

first of all, what is the nature of Initiation? what does it 'do'?

at heart, it seems to be a re-alignment of Self so that the attention is redirected away from the trivial and the surface, and into the profound and the eternal. Here is one snippet:

Quote:57.24 Questioner: By saying that the Queen’s Chamber was the initiatory place, could you tell me what you mean by that?
Ra: I am Ra. This question is a large one. We cannot describe initiation in its specific sense due to our distortion towards the belief/understanding that the process which we offered so many of your years ago was not a balanced one.

However, you are aware of the concept of initiation and realize that it demands the centering of the being upon the seeking of the Creator. We have hoped to balance this understanding by enunciating the Law of One, that is, that all things are One Creator. Thus seeking the Creator is done not just in meditation and the work of an adept but in the experiential nexus of each moment.

The initiation of [the] Queen’s Chamber has to do with the abandoning of self to such desire to know the Creator in full that the purified in-streaming light is drawn in balanced fashion through all energy centers, meeting in indigo and opening the gate to intelligent infinity. Thus the entity experiences true life or, as your people call it, resurrection.

this quote also highlights that this 'seeking' is not a one-time process, but is a continual facet of one's awareness. It becomes the motivation, the primary driver of one's existence:

"Thus seeking the Creator is done not just in meditation and the work of an adept but in the experiential nexus of each moment."

- -

and how does such an Initiation occur? The Great Pyramid had a location called the Queen's Chamber which had various physical properties (read: energetic) that enabled a re-alignment of the mind/body/spirit complexes. It was simultaneously a sacred experience as well as healing. Short of re-enabling such a location, the process of initiation can still be replicated by oneself via one's own self-discipline and seeking. It involves the following process:

1) the mind is first initiated (seen for its true nature)
2) the body must be initiated (the bodily functions are detached from societal norms and re-applied in a more knowing, disciplned fashion).

this process is encapsulated in this quote here:

Quote:3.16 Questioner: Does the shape of the pyramid itself— is that a key function in the initiation process?

Ra: This is a large question. We feel that we shall begin and ask you to re-evaluate and ask further at a later session, this somewhat, shall we say, informative point.

To begin. There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body.

Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from.

When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way.

Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment.

The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.

in other words, the mind must be known to itself, and the body must be known to itself. Sound familiar?

I believe the greeks and gnostic traditions have summed up wisdom and the occult process in two simple words:

Know Thyself.

- -

when the Self seeks the Creator with all its Heart, and the Attention directed towards the principles and the majesty of timeless seeking, the self-initation has occurred.

it is within the province of all to do such things; one is not tapped by a GrandMaster or a MasterMonk to enter the fold. We can do so just by an act of Will to choose what we pay attention to, and where we invest our mental and bodily resources.

- -

ps I also neglected to add that the spirit is also initiated too, and done in the Queen's Chamber.

"4.2 Questioner: Does the shape of the pyramid have effect upon the initiation?

Ra: I am Ra. As we began the last session question, you have already recorded in your individual memory complex the first use of the shape having to do with the body complex initiation. The initiation of spirit was a more carefully designed type of initiation as regards the time/space ratios about which the entity to be initiated found itself.

If you will picture with me the side of the so-called pyramid shape and mentally imagine this triangle cut into four equal triangles, you will find the intersection of the triangle, which is at the first level on each of the four sides, forms a diamond in a plane which is horizontal. The middle of this plane is the appropriate place for the intersection of the energies streaming from the infinite dimensions and the mind/body/spirit complexes of various interwoven energy fields. Thus it was designed that the one to be initiated would, by mind, be able to perceive and then channel this, shall we say, gateway to intelligent infinity. This, then, was the second point of designing this specific shape."

peace

Unbound

Mmm, initiation...
I've had like 10 or so of those.

Reiki 1

Reiki 2

Reiki 3A/B

Four elements

Bio energy

Dance and magic

Shamanistics

Return initiation by a 4th density STS entity that I initiated into 4th Density STO form of healing. This was one of the most intense ever.

Heart temple initiation

Man there are sooooo many... Wink

Unbound

Would you say an 'attunement' and an iniation are the same thing?
I could be completely wrong on this but to me, the initiation of the mind sounds is, metaphorically speaking, ones Awakening that we all have gone through. An Awakening that opens the mind to the greater picture. It's almost as if the pyramid is simply an inanimate portrayal of the mind, body, spirit complex as a whole. Different levels coincide with different levels of the entire complex. Once one attains this awareness through faith through the mind, one must then work to free the body and spirit from the constraints of this illusion.

Even though it was told that the pyramid is a conduit for entering infinite intelligence, it kinda seems that it was performed this way because the people at the time were not completely aware or understood the teachings as thoroughly as we have been able to be blessed with.
(07-01-2013, 07:18 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I could be completely wrong on this but to me, the initiation of the mind sounds is, metaphorically speaking, ones Awakening that we all have gone through. An Awakening that opens the mind to the greater picture. It's almost as if the pyramid is simply an inanimate portrayal of the mind, body, spirit complex as a whole. Different levels coincide with different levels of the entire complex. Once one attains this awareness through faith through the mind, one must then work to free the body and spirit from the constraints of this illusion.

Even though it was told that the pyramid is a conduit for entering infinite intelligence, it kinda seems that it was performed this way because the people at the time were not completely aware or understood the teachings as thoroughly as we have been able to be blessed with.
Yes, there was significant societal distortion at the time, and the device provided an opportunity for a certain amount of focus. Since that time, the societal mind has activated the higher subdensities - that is, create patterns of mind which may resonate with the higher vibrations. The sixth sub density is the one where initiation may occur. That sub density also corresponds with the balancing of heart chakra which entails self reflection and its manifestation here is the new-age movement as a social phenomenon.
There were times where I thought I was being initiated. I had to face my dark side, so that was a bit scary of an experience.
It seems to me that initiation is when an entity contacts intelligent infinity and undergoes a mental/spiritual transformation as a result of this contact. The nature of initiation is perhaps best captured in archetype 20; the transformation of the spirit. Although initiation represents the first transformation of the spirit, as an archetype i doubt it ever becomes obsolete. There will be many such contacts and many resultant transformations across multiple densities

Quote:80.20 Questioner: Sorry about that. Can you tell me what the twentieth archetype would be?

Ra: I am Ra. That which you call the Sarcophagus in your system may be seen to be the material world, if you will. This material world is transformed by the spirit into that which is infinite and eternal. The infinity of the spirit is an even greater realization than the infinity of consciousness, for consciousness which has been disciplined by will and faith is that consciousness which may contact intelligent infinity directly. There are many things which fall away in the many, many steps of adepthood. We, of Ra, still walk these steps and praise the One Infinite Creator at each transformation.
Good to know that Ra still walks the steps of transformation. We have a lot we can learn from each other. I no longer see them as higher than me. They are equal brothers and sisters.
(07-01-2013, 11:07 AM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that initiation is when an entity contacts intelligent infinity and undergoes a mental/spiritual transformation as a result of this contact. The nature of initiation is perhaps best captured in archetype 20; the transformation of the spirit. Although initiation represents the first transformation of the spirit, as an archetype i doubt it ever becomes obsolete. There will be many such contacts and many resultant transformations across multiple densities

Quote:80.20 Questioner: Sorry about that. Can you tell me what the twentieth archetype would be?

Ra: I am Ra. That which you call the Sarcophagus in your system may be seen to be the material world, if you will. This material world is transformed by the spirit into that which is infinite and eternal. The infinity of the spirit is an even greater realization than the infinity of consciousness, for consciousness which has been disciplined by will and faith is that consciousness which may contact intelligent infinity directly. There are many things which fall away in the many, many steps of adepthood. We, of Ra, still walk these steps and praise the One Infinite Creator at each transformation.

In my opinion (which I sort of just came up with) Initiation is represented in the Tarot by the Great Way cards, since initiation happens in the mind, body and spirit it is represented in all three complexes. According to Ra the Great Way cards expand the limits of the experience a m/b/s opening them to newer possibilities. Some choice Ra quotes:

Ra Wrote:79.41 Questioner: Would the Conqueror or Chariot then represent the culmination of the action of the first six archetypes into a conquering of the mental processes, even possibly removing the veil?

Ra: I am Ra. This is most perceptive. The Archetype Seven is one difficult to enunciate. We may call it the Path, the Way, or the Great Way of the Mind. Its foundation is a reflection and substantial summary of Archetypes One through Six.

One may also see the Way of the Mind as showing the kingdom or fruits of appropriate travel through the mind in that the mind continues to move as majestically through the material it conceives of as a chariot drawn by royal lions or steeds.

At this time we would suggest one more full query for this instrument is experiencing some distortions towards pain.

Ra Wrote:100.7 Questioner: Thank you. We will probably return to this card next session for more of an observation after we study Ra’s comments. To conserve and efficiently use the time at this time I will make some notes with respect to Card Seven.

First, the veil between the conscious and the unconscious mind has been removed. The veil is the curtain, I would assume, at the top which is lifted. Even though this veil has been removed perception of intelligent infinity is still distorted according to the seeker’s beliefs and means of seeking. Would Ra comment on that?

Ra: I am Ra. As one observes the veil of the image of the Great Way of Mind it may be helpful to ideate using the framework of environment. The Great Way of Mind, Body, or Spirit is intended to limn the milieu within which the work of mind, body, or spirit shall be placed.

Thusly, the veil is shown both somewhat lifted and still present, since the work of mind and its transformation involves progressive lifting of the great veil betwixt conscious and deep minds.
The complete success of this attempt is not properly a portion of third-density work and, more especially, third-density mental processes.

So looking at the Great Way of the mind here we can see that it's role is to:

1) Expand the "milieu" in which the mind operates through the exploration of mind by mind.
2) Lift portions of the veil so you can see where you are steering a bit better.

As the chariot expands outward the kingdom expands behind it representing your mental faculties and belief structures expanding into these new areas.

Ra has less to say about the Alchemist:

Quote:81.14 Questioner: And finally, the fourteenth, the Way of the Body is called the Alchemist because there is an infinity of time for the various bodies to operate within to learn the lessons necessary for evolution. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is less than completely correct as the Great Way of the Body must be seen, as are all the archetypes of the body, to be a mirror image of the thrust of the activity of the mind. The body is the creature of the mind and is the instrument of manifestation for the fruits of mind and spirit. Therefore, you may see the body as providing the athanor through which the alchemist manifests gold.

Here we see that the body is 'a creature of the mind' and thus when the mind undergoes transformation the body must undergo transformation as well in order to work with the new energies available to the mind. Initiations of the body can be seen as a an upgrade to the Alchemist's lab supplies Tongue

And the spirit:

Quote:80.21 Questioner: Then I would guess that the twenty-first archetype would represent the contact with intelligent infinity. Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct, although one may also see the reflection of this contact as well as the contact with intelligent energy which is the Universe or, as you have called it somewhat provincially, the World.

80.22 Questioner: Then by this contact also with intelligent energy can you give me an example of what this would be for both, for the contact with intelligent infinity and intelligent energy? Could you give me an example of what type of experience this would result in, if that’s at all possible?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last query of this working of full length. We have discussed the possibilities of contact with intelligent energy, for this energy is the energy of the Logos, and thus it is the energy which heals, builds, removes, destroys, and transforms all other-selves as well as the self.

The contact with intelligent infinity is most likely to produce an unspeakable joy in the entity experiencing such contact. If you wish to query in more detail upon this subject, we invite you to do so in another working. Is there a brief query before we close this working?

Initiation of the spirit is quite simple, contact with intelligent infinity. Produces incredible joy and keeps your faith burning and the spirit of seeking strong in your heart.

So that's my theory, that initiation occurs when one works with the Great Way portions of the archetypal mind thus expanding their concept of self. I would add that people go through many initiations in their lives and some are a lot more dramatic than others BigSmile What do you guys think?
Interesting Spaced that people go through many initiations in their life. I never thought of that. I thought it was something that was a process that essentially turned a man into a god.

Unbound

Well the verb "initiate" means to facilitate or cause the beginning of something, or to "set in motion" a new phase. So, really, the entire process of experience happens through perspective intiation or the initiation of perceptions themselves. That is, any time you experience a shift in to a different state of consciousness, it is a type of initiation.

Now, that is an explanation of the mechanic of initiation but then there is also the application of that mechanic throughout the octave. Technically, in order to be "harvestable" one must intiate each prospective sub-density of the density they are to graduate from. Thus, harvest is also a form of initiation, on a more macrocosmic scale.
Very well put everyone. This thread has my heart buzzing and dancing with joy, thank you=)

Plenums OP is a masterpiece in my opinion, and couldn't agree more brother.