Bring4th

Full Version: sto actions or being?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
something i've been pondering lately is the difference between a sto action and sto being-ness

a few posts i've read on bring4th recently have commented upon whether an action was sto or sts, and i'm currently reading the introductory chapters of Carla's 101 book which also talks about day to day sto actions, such as traffic courtesy

these comments on whether or not an action is sto have been jumping out at me a lot. i had always thought that the 51% sto requirement for harvesting referred to a beingness of sto, of the entire soul stream, not just this incarnation.

i have assumed that actions grow out of beingness - so you live what you are, sto actions happening natrually from a sto perspecitve. i didn't think of it the other way around, that practising sto actions could affect sto beingness.

so to have so many comments jumping out at me relating to whether specific actions are sto or sts has set me thinking. i'm probably not hugely aware of whether my own actions are sts or sto - indeed i would say i am much more concerned with whether my actions are fair or ethical rather than looking at them from a sto/sts point of view - which might seem broadly the same thing, but in my head it's not.

i guess i was wondeirng what other people's take on this was, whether you look at your day to day activities and behaviour in a sto/sts way, and if you do, do you feel that has helped refine your sto state of being / thinking?
I think actions itself are neither STO or STS, because they are based on the circumstances and intentions. The word STO and STS refers to the "self" as the source, and not really to the action.

For example, if you see a young child about to get pricked by a pin for the first time, do you stop the child? If you do stop the child, you might be STO keeping the child from harm, or STS, avoiding the pain of having to deal with the child crying.

If you don't stop the child, you might invite the child's pain for being stupid STS, or you might think that it is an acceptable pain for the valuable lesson possibly gained STO, despite your own painful emotion at the same time.

So, I think it's one's intention and beingness, and not the action.

I think one danger of constantly worrying about your own action is overdoing it, and starting to do certain things based on political/social correctness as well.
(01-04-2010, 08:38 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]i didn't think of it the other way around, that practising sto actions could affect sto beingness.

Interesting topic, Lorna.

I think that a person's character influences their actions, and also, our actions influence our character. That seems to just make sense to me.

Think about a person who wanted to learn another language. Based on the person's study, they would be able to say some things in the language. And as they spoke in that language, they got responses -- whether confusion, misinterpretation, or exactly the reaction they hoped for. From these experiences, they would get to revise their understanding of the language, and then have more to say. Wouldn't this be true of any skill, including balancing love for ourselves and for others?
(01-04-2010, 08:38 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]something i've been pondering lately is the difference between a sto action and sto being-ness

a few posts i've read on bring4th recently have commented upon whether an action was sto or sts, and i'm currently reading the introductory chapters of Carla's 101 book which also talks about day to day sto actions, such as traffic courtesy

these comments on whether or not an action is sto have been jumping out at me a lot. i had always thought that the 51% sto requirement for harvesting referred to a beingness of sto, of the entire soul stream, not just this incarnation.

i have assumed that actions grow out of beingness - so you live what you are, sto actions happening natrually from a sto perspecitve. i didn't think of it the other way around, that practising sto actions could affect sto beingness.

so to have so many comments jumping out at me relating to whether specific actions are sto or sts has set me thinking. i'm probably not hugely aware of whether my own actions are sts or sto - indeed i would say i am much more concerned with whether my actions are fair or ethical rather than looking at them from a sto/sts point of view - which might seem broadly the same thing, but in my head it's not.

i guess i was wondeirng what other people's take on this was, whether you look at your day to day activities and behaviour in a sto/sts way, and if you do, do you feel that has helped refine your sto state of being / thinking?

I think that if you take care of the Roots the leaves will fall in place by it very nature. Nurturing the inner roots of the being takes care of the outward reflection as leaves or actions.

Like another poster pointed out focusing too much on actions will lead to possible schizophrenia. As defining right and wrong without understanding the intentions can be a messy exercise.

Fix the source and all else will take care of itself. Then whatever you do will be STO. Actually you can define STO as what STO people do Smile If you are good the goodness will flow from naturally...

I think the above needs an example. For example charity is supposedly STO but what if you are doing charity to impress people to win an election? So again same action wrong being/intention...
Good point, fool. I like your analogy. I also like Scott Peck's definition of love as action intended to promote another person's spiritual growth. Charity to help a person's body be healthy, so that they are free of suffering and their mind is free to contemplate higher matters, is inside this definition of love. A donation given in order to have someone else be impressed at the visible donation activity is outside this definition of love.
(01-04-2010, 10:07 PM)creationist Wrote: [ -> ]For example, if you see a young child about to get pricked by a pin for the first time, do you stop the child? If you do stop the child, you might be STO keeping the child from harm, or STS, avoiding the pain of having to deal with the child crying.

If you don't stop the child, you might invite the child's pain for being stupid STS, or you might think that it is an acceptable pain for the valuable lesson possibly gained STO, despite your own painful emotion at the same time.

I would ask you to consider that this line of thinking does not apply to children, as they are the students and we are the teachers. Allowing my seventeen month old child to pull the very large knife off the counter is not allowing her the free will to learn something, irregardless of how one looks at it. Prior to having the mental faculties to understand the consequences to actions, there is no sto or sts meaning.

I can not remember the exact quote by Ra, nor could find it, but I believe Ra said as much.
(01-05-2010, 12:31 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2010, 10:07 PM)creationist Wrote: [ -> ]For example, if you see a young child about to get pricked by a pin for the first time, do you stop the child? If you do stop the child, you might be STO keeping the child from harm, or STS, avoiding the pain of having to deal with the child crying.

I would ask you to consider that this line of thinking does not apply to children, as they are the students and we are the teachers. Allowing my seventeen month old child to pull the very large knife off the counter is not allowing her the free will to learn something, irregardless of how one looks at it. Prior to having the mental faculties to understand the consequences to actions, there is no sto or sts meaning.

I can not remember the exact quote by Ra, nor could find it, but I believe Ra said as much.

I was talking about having a small limited risk, because definitely a large knife would be classified as too big a risk. I can understand your elevated concern at my suggestion though, due to your current perspective. However, outside of the realm of spiritual growth, if the child learns pain from a small pinprick, and learns not to play with the large knife, then to me, it would have been worth the small inconvenience.
I think we agree, though if I may I would like to add a small amount of further input.

Risk or no risk though, when it comes to a child, what you speak of is gaining experience, not polarizing towards sts or sto.

I only suggest that it a fine line, as the responsible parent with guiding intention, between acting with control which is sts oriented, or concerned caring, which is sto oriented. I am learning a spiritual lesson. She is learning mental lesson and gaining experience.
I think that most (if not all) of our actions of polarity stem from what vibration our being is of in the moment. I also think that consciously deciding to do something STO rather than STS also helps us (me) polarize farther from STS / closer to STO.

I'll give an example:

One of my close friends is somewhat of a worrywart and he gets on my nerves a lot. He'll leave ten texts messages on my phone, six missed calls, and two voice mails every time he wants to kick it. He also usually follows up with a call or two to my house and someone will pick up the phone and hand it to me. I recently realized that when I screen his calls and ignore his texts, I'm being in service of self by avoiding the conflict of answering his (albeit unknowingly) rude remarks and blunt ways to put what he means to say. He constantly asks what I'm doing (rather than if im available; it's a bit prying) and presses for information as to why I don't want to hang out at a certain time or whatever.

I've decided, consciously, to stop avoiding his hails. I'm not sure exactly what implications this has on my being/vibration, but it's much less STS than what I used to do (methinks). A not-unexpected result of my answering his calls is the necessity to deal with his personality and the quirks that specifically irk me.

In conclusion, yes I think that the constant identification of STS vs STO actions in my own life has helped me polarize. I think that, in general, putting myself into uncomfortable situations consciously rather than being service to self yields this effect: I am choosing consciously not to participate in STS actions. This inadvertently leads me to be forced to deal with aspects of my shadow-self that I either haven't met yet or haven't dealt with yet. Love/Light
What my thoughts are is that perhaps this person is more sts polarized than you, and your desire to not spend time with him is the result of your desire to avoid the negativity. Perhaps you have a good energy and this person is an "energy vampire", which is why you avoid him?

I know a number of people who have friends like this, and I often wonder why they just don't tell the truth, except I understand that telling the truth is difficult for most humans. I would think that the stos route would be to be simply honest and say that you don't feel that you desire to kick it with him anymore for a) ___ b) ___ c) ___ reasons. It may cause a short term rift, but it may be the catalyst this person requires to understand that there actions are undesirable. If more people had been truthful to this person, perhaps they would not be this way. Perhaps you are in this situation to provide that catalyst rather than him being catalyst for you.

Although there are many way to look at this... to quote Q'uo, "In truth there is no right or wrong".
(01-05-2010, 05:24 AM)JoshC Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most (if not all) of our actions of polarity stem from what vibration our being is of in the moment. I also think that consciously deciding to do something STO rather than STS also helps us (me) polarize farther from STS / closer to STO.

In conclusion, yes I think that the constant identification of STS vs STO actions in my own life has helped me polarize. I think that, in general, putting myself into uncomfortable situations consciously rather than being service to self yields this effect: I am choosing consciously not to participate in STS actions. This inadvertently leads me to be forced to deal with aspects of my shadow-self that I either haven't met yet or haven't dealt with yet. Love/Light

Josh, I agree that putting oneself in conflict situations can really speed up the polarization of the self. That's why 3rd density is supposed to be 100 times more potent in polarization/learning than other densities right?

I think it takes courage to meet your problems head on, it's like pushing through a strong wind that's constantly trying to push you back, sometimes the wind even cuts so deep it'll scar you face or your heart... but once you have pushed your way through, there are pockets of calm sweet winds and warm sunlight waiting to heal you. Then with a child-like grin, one can jump in again into the storm to reach the next stage.
(01-05-2010, 12:40 PM)creationist Wrote: [ -> ]I think it takes courage to meet your problems head on, it's like pushing through a strong wind that's constantly trying to push you back, sometimes the wind even cuts so deep it'll scar you face or your heart... but once you have pushed your way through, there are pockets of calm sweet winds and warm sunlight waiting to heal you. Then with a child-like grin, one can jump in again into the storm to reach the next stage.

I think this is an interesting and thought provoking analogy. The one part I see as missing is that one may learn something from the experience. If one learns the lesson, the storm intensity changes direction or intensity to something lesser, a new desired lesson. Failure to learn the lesson makes the next time "out in the cold" more intense.

I say this from personal experience, BigSmile