Bring4th

Full Version: who are your spiritual role models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra seems to give the thumbs up to Jesus and the Buddha as beings of integrity and knowing ... and through reading the works of Dolores Cannon (They Walked with Jesus, etc) I have much much respect for this individual.

of course, the life and direct teachings of the buddha is much less known, but the entire tradition of buddhiam and the recorded teachings of this individual are very powerful and liberating indeed.

so who are you spiritual role-models?

maybe they are people closer in time and presence to us; teacher can take many forms, not just the most elevated and pure beings that ever lived BigSmile

peace
I have no role-models but recognize much knowledge and awe for quite alot of people. It's a fine balance between not having a role-model and recognize skill/enlightenment =)
(07-02-2013, 06:20 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]...of course, the life and direct teachings of the buddha is much less known, but the entire tradition of buddhiam and the recorded teachings of this individual are very powerful and liberating indeed.

have you looked at early buddhist texts like the pali canon? The amount of direct teaching and life details of gautama buddha make the new testament's jesus look like scratches on a cave wall.

as for spiritual role models i cant say i have any. a spiritual figure that's a wanderer is plain cheating if they come to earth and appear enlightened to 3d folk. i admire 3d individuals who find their own way to intelligent infinity or who fail trying at least. i respect their tenacity whether they be positive or negatively polarised.
(07-02-2013, 07:25 AM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]have you looked at early buddhist texts like the pali canon? The amount of direct teaching and life details of gautama buddha make the new testament's jesus look like scratches on a cave wall.

hey, good point spero!

I guess I was a bit more clouded in my thinking, because of the huge amount of commentary and additions that have occurred in the buddhist tradition over almost 2500 years.

"It is known, that whenever the Buddha gave a discourse to his ordained disciples or lay-followers or prescribed a monastic rule in the course of his forty-five year ministry, those of his devoted and learned monks, then present would immediately commit his teachings word for word to memory. Thus the Buddha's words were preserved accurately and were in due course passed down orally from teacher to pupil. "

http://www.palicanon.org/
I've never had role-models, at least not in the way most people describe them, no guru and no life teacher either. I've never looked "up to" someone, not because I am prideful, but simply because my path brings me to encounter many inspiring people and I do not feel attached to any of them. Some of those contemporary inspiring people are Teal Scott, Evita Ochel, Sandra Walter, Sudevi and Bashar, among others. Those that have passed would be Yogananda, Ramana Maharshi, Gandhi as well as the classics, such as Laozi, Buddha, Jesus, etc.

If you have a message of love, peace and unity, I am more than willing to listen, however I have my own path to walk and it involves bringing some of my own passion and my spark of personality into this world. Like I tell anyone who asks about my relationship with religion; there are so many beautiful messages of love in religions and philosophies, you can't ask me to pick only one, I would much rather learn from them all Smile

Melissa

I've also never had any role-models but I love watching/hearing people who are excited about life and live with a sense of purpose and passion.
I like Hermes and Ra quite a bit. I, like many others, do not consider anyone a role-model. I walk my own path into infinity and learn from any I can. If I met the Dalai Lama right now I'd treat him pretty normally and not like a fan, but just someone interested. I grew up worshipping leaders, but now I really don't care about anyone's status.
My avatar makes it quite obvious. Existential philosophers have really filled me spiritually by telling the honest truth: It's all illusion and we are the creators of it.

Unbound

Interesting how each reflects off of those whom resonate with what each sees as the highest truth.

Everyone is a role model for me, everyone shares some aspect of spirit with me. To me, the ultimate role models are the archetypes, and the "compassion with which unity is informed by its very nature."
I did not grow up with a role model.

If I was to choose one now, it would be my higher Self.
Anyone that was mentally, spiritually, or physically strong. I admire strength in all it's forms.
Hi, model fans !

Quote:who are your spiritual role models?
I would say: The 3 DVD kit of the interviews and film
"What the BLEEP?! do we know ?! down the rabbit hole" IS the thing
that made me more spiritual than before !!

Soooo.... almost all persons we see talking in the interviews
are role models. They combine the spiritual and the science. . .

And that "BLEEP" kit got me to Ra and Carla !!
SHE is the ultimate model for me !!! B-)
Totaly courageous, despite the pains she endures !!

Blue skies.
My Higher Self is my spiritual role model.
I have been inspired by others but I know, deep down, that we are all one.
I would believe the faintest of notions from my own consciousness before defaulting to any other authority.
The dreams and visions I have are in no way inferior to any other experience to be had whilst here in incarnation.
The freedom that I give myself to believe anything I want to believe, and do anything I have the courage to do is my role model.

It leads me wrong all the time, but takes me on the wildest rides.
I wish I had a role model to look up to, but when I think about it, no definitive answer comes to mind. All of us learn/teach and teach/learn as Ra says and with that I make do .p

But as was suggested, perhaps the higher self or guides would fill that spot if I decide to become more aware of them. I am sure there are people I have also met or even in contact now who I could 'put' on such a high pedestal. Yet for what ever reason, said spot remains in reserve still.

Like the looks on this fella though BigSmile
[attachment=1175]

Ludi

edited
Mulled over this a few days and in a moment of inspiration remembered someone who I feel could fill those shoes.. BigSmile

Jim Carrey

The way he is I just find great, doing basically anything he wants, without holding back seemingly. Being overall just a really "funny or weird guy", I just love that. In my eyes his freedom (that he chooses) to express is a great step toward becoming, who one is. By being like so he gives courage for others to be as they would want to be as well! To me, that is very inspiring as I ever seek more ways to unlock myself from my own created norms. To become the fullest expression who I am.

Wanted to add the "why" .)
I love Terence Mckenna. His material opens up my third eye when I listen to him. His objectiveness is intriguing too. From a non "spiritual" perspective, I would suggest that he has the best handle on reality out of anyone.

I would LOVE someone to change my mind about that :]
Buddha, the Tao, Elkhart tolle, deepak chopra, Law of One, and hidden hand mostly.
Been thinking about this one and I think I'm gonna have to say Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes Smile
Ooh! Ram Dass.

His space-suit analogy really grounded my way of thinking about reality.
I read the title and the first person that came to mind was Nikola Tesla. :-)
My spiritual role model would be my guide, who once showed me unconditional love, which I couldn't handle. He's also comforted me when I've felt down. I kept anthropomorphizing my guide into a wolfy character, when he's probably just human looking. I don't know how he looks, but I love him just the same. Without being too attached to him, but I need his help. I always ask for it.

Also my guardian angel who has spared my life more than once, and showed me what it was like to die when I asked to die.