Bring4th

Full Version: "We don't have free will to be stupid or ignorant"...says my friend.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a close friend who is also someone I respect a LOT, and he has dedicated his entire life from childhood to developing his spirituality and to ascend, etc. He has studied under many "masters" and he spends a good deal of time in meditation. I have often thought he is an ET wanderer. He takes this very seriously, and that is why I wanted to mention this thing that he said to me today.

I was talking to him on the phone, and I was telling him just a little bit about groups such as Ra who have been channeled by people in order to bring messages and guidance to us. ((by the way, he's not familiar really with the LOO)) We both realize there are some "crack pots" out there who are giving channeling a bad name. But I really believe the LOO material is valid.

I said to my friend that I recently learned that Ra taught us in the LOO that the reason they haven't come directly to the planet is so that they wouldn't stand in the way of the free will of the people - that free will is a law of the universe. I explained that for Ra to appear to people straight out would cause many of them to "have" to believe because they'd have the proof, and others just weren't ready.

My friend believes that most of us are products of our conditioning, except for the small percentage who have broken free of that conditioning (ending the chain of "history repeating itself" through incarnations). He feels that it is vitally important that we receive help in any way possible to break free of these chains and to gain enlightenment, etc., so that we can progress and evolve.

His words to me, when I talked to him about Ra not wanting to thwart free will, was: "We don't have the free will to be stupid or ignorant. It's too costly. Why should the entities be afraid to create conceptual shifts if it will help the people grow and develop? It would be an act of service to show themselves out in the open and try to teach people. Nobody is free until all are free."

One thing that I thought, though, is we DO have the free will to be stupid or ignorant. Those 'labels' are just judgments, anyway. I could say that the religion I used to belong to is "stupid" (and believe me, when I left it, I DID say that Blush) but that's just one person's interpretation of another person's place in the journey of evolving. And who is the 'authority' that defines stupid or ignorant? I could say so much about all of this!

But I also thought that if Ra DID come straight out to the people, they would still have the free will to choose if they wanted to embrace what they were hearing, or even SEEING. Many would say they are hallucinating. Others would say they are being controlled via a government created hologram designed to create control and fear, others would say that the devil himself was coming in disguise to deceive the people. The list would be endless. But at least some people would digest it all and accept it as their truth, and thus the harvest would increase.

I'd love to hear your comments on this. I felt that what he said made a lot of sense in some ways, and didn't in others. I haven't read enough of the LOO yet to be able to get into it deep with him, but he's always throwing things at me that make me think. I would love to hear more about free will and how it fits in with this, and more about it in general.

What say ye?

Thanks!! Kristy
Addendum: I also was thinking about how "urgent" my friend made ascension seem. It certainly IS desirable. However, it's not a race....is it? Huh
(01-04-2010, 09:50 PM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]My friend believes that most of us are products of our conditioning, except for the small percentage who have broken free of that conditioning (ending the chain of "history repeating itself" through incarnations). He feels that it is vitally important that we receive help in any way possible to break free of these chains and to gain enlightenment, etc., so that we can progress and evolve.

in my opinion- He is right about us getting any help possible. right from our perspective. But that may not make any sense from Ra's perspective. They have to also honor the rules of the game in their capacity as the keepers of some kind. In other words- So we may want them to appear in the skies and reveal all the secrets out in the open. Good and easy for us to say and I will take it. But Ra will say- wait a second, from our perspective, we would like to follow all the 3D rules and respect the thick veil, that you chose to come to before the incarnation.

It is like a child may want all the candies it can get it hands on but it is the parents who think about the consequences of giving it to her... That is true compassion...

Also I don't think that will be true progress anyway as it will bypass the process of progress. More like looking at the answer sheet before trying to solve it yourself...That also brings us to the desired speed of the progress. The race to the progress will act as a stumbling block for the progress...It is more like competitive mind taking over in a disguised form...who said it- "Journey is the reward"...
I just noticed that fool typed while I was typing too. Gotta say right on to those comments, we are on the same wavelength!

(01-04-2010, 09:50 PM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a close friend who is also someone I respect a LOT...

That sounds like someone who might be helpful to you as you explore the Law of One material. What a treat it must be to get to discuss these things in person. I currently don't have people interested in this kind of discussion in person, so I'm so grateful for the forum.

Quote:My friend believes that most of us are products of our conditioning, except for the small percentage who have broken free of that conditioning

I believe he's absolutely right about that. We had a previous discussion here comparing people to the "pack mind" of other social animals: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=634. I think you'd have enjoyed that discussion if you'd been on the site then. My conclusions seem to overlap a bit with some of what your friend brought up.

Quote:It would be an act of service to show themselves out in the open and try to teach people.

Actually, the Ra books say that Ra did do this. It comes up near the start. In session 2, Ra describes coming to Earth in person. Ra manifested in physical bodies that were clearly not human.

Ra discovered that their material was corrupted by those people who built hierarchies of power over other people. Dismayed by this misuse of the material, Ra decided to only communicate with those seeking the kind of information Ra provides, and had to wait for the L/L Research trio to be available.

To prevent further corruption of free will, Ra decided to only discuss philosophy unless specific questions were asked. Ra expressed indifference towards publicity for the material, confident that if even one seeker found the material inspiring, the contact was worthwhile. All of this is expanded on in later sessions, but these themes were introduced near the beginning of the contact.

Quote:Ra: .... It was our naive belief that we could teach/learn by direct contact and that the free will distortions of individual feeling or personality were in no danger.... We came and were welcomed by the peoples whom we wished to serve.... We found that the technology was reserved largely for those with the effectual mind/body distortion of power. This was not intended by the Law of One. We left your peoples.... However, we have never left your vibration due to our responsibility for the changes in consciousness we had first caused and then found distorted in ways not relegated to the Law of One... We are pleased that you have asked this question for it is not our understanding that we have the right/duty to share our perceptions on any subject but philosophy without direct question.

The Law of One material adds a couple of twists to what you discussed with your friend. You brought up the idea that a powerful show of disclosure could be manipulative. The material says that this life on Earth is set up to be ambiguous, so that we have to make a choice of faith.

Your friend brought up the idea that all can be held back from freedom if some are in the bondage of confusion. The material says that those not ready for Harvest at this time are not lost, merely "transplanted" to further opportunity to learn these lessons. It is not a race, but the harvesters would really like to see the harvest include as many full-grown entities as possible -- just as any gardener would like to see all the plants in bloom, if they're ready.

However, if the plant is not ready, trying to force it to bloom, or yanking its weak roots out of the ground, won't help it. Same with people, we bloom at different schedules even if we get the same sunshine, soil and water.

According to the Law of One material, we actually do have free will to be stupid and ignorant. Many people exercise that free will every day!

By the way, I'm waiting for your response to the first three densities overview in "SO confused..." before I add more material.
(01-04-2010, 11:55 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It would be an act of service to show themselves out in the open and try to teach people.

Actually, the Ra books say that Ra did do this. It comes up near the start. In session 2, Ra describes coming to Earth in person. Ra manifested in physical bodies that were clearly not human.

Ra discovered that their material was corrupted by those people who built hierarchies of power over other people. Dismayed by this misuse of the material, Ra decided to only communicate with those seeking the kind of information Ra provides, and had to wait for the L/L Research trio to be available.

I think it would violate free will, and that the only reason that Ra was able to show himself to the Egyptians was because they already showed 'distortion' toward the Law of One.

Ra: We had no thought of their being disturbed, as these cultures were already closely aligned with an all-embracing belief in the live-ness or consciousness of all.

Or course we have free will to be stupid and ignorant, and to experience the resulting pain! Each persons truth is unique, and their path. Therefore, the original teaching in this thread could be said to show confusion of the Law of Free Will.

Although I agree a lot about service. But remember what Ra said about healing.
(01-07-2010, 02:34 AM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]But remember what Ra said about healing.

*** I'm pretty new to this material...what did Ra say about healing? Thanks!

ayadew

Free will is a paradox.. it's rather hard to argue when both parts are right!
According to the ideology, if the good guys were allowed to show themselves, the bad guys would be granted the same privilege and that could cause complications.

Anyhow, one deeper point is that people must needs develope the discipline to find the Truth within themselves. External appearances of fancy teachers is a secondary concern.
(01-11-2010, 04:12 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]According to the ideology, if the good guys were allowed to show themselves, the bad guys would be granted the same privilege and that could cause complications.

Anyhow, one deeper point is that people must needs develope the discipline to find the Truth within themselves. External appearances of fancy teachers is a secondary concern.

*** I'm assuming that the 'discipline' would most especially include meditation on a consistent basis?
(01-16-2010, 07:54 PM)kristy1111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2010, 04:12 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]According to the ideology, if the good guys were allowed to show themselves, the bad guys would be granted the same privilege and that could cause complications.

*** I'm assuming that the 'discipline' would most especially include meditation on a consistent basis?

I would say so.

There are some wonderfully cool stories in the Puranas about how slick Maya is. To train your mind on truly distinguishing illusory "material" from the other is no mean feat. It's just so seductive to drift back towards being enthralled by the new things that beckon exploration. Not that exploration is bad, but the enthrallment tends to distort perception of the greater whole, as I'm sure you know.

Mystics the world over concur that experiencing Divinity within is the main goal. None of them can make that process easy, however.

Anyhow, returning to your main point, your friend has struck a balance between wisdom & love in favor of exertion and such. How balanced that conclusion will appear to him 15 years hence is something to keep an eye on. I don't feel that he's wrong that we all have a responsibility to serve as diligently as we can, but there's a broader context to be considered as well--in fact, more than one. Perhaps with broader wisdom a perspective that vibrates with more love will follow?