Bring4th

Full Version: Question: What are the differences/meanings of these statements, I seek opinions:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the differences/meaning of these statements (to you, and your perception):

1. Spending time with yourself
2. Spending time by yourself
3. Spending time alone

Obviously they're all identical situations, it's the PERCEPTION of it that it difference according to the individual.

Also, when you spend time with other people (socialize) are you spending time with only them? Are you spending time with other-self at expense of spending time with self?

Or is it an experience where-in you are interacting both with SELF and OTHER-SELF?

How does one spend time with self? Is being alone and asleep mentally/physically/spiritually count? Or is it like spending time with other-selves where 'efficiency of socialization' is determined by interaction?

Or if you're a guy the lack-of-discomfort in some situations I.e. guys watching TV together, or just being around each other causes 'friendship'.

I'm more or less obsessed with thoughts and their perceptions at the moment so any input would be greatly appreciated! Blessed be.
(07-05-2013, 03:11 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]How does one spend time with self?

Meditation.
(07-05-2013, 03:11 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]What are the differences/meaning of these statements (to you, and your perception):

1. Spending time with yourself
3. Spending time alone

Obviously they're all identical situations, it's the PERCEPTION of it that it difference according to the individual.

Also, when you spend time with other people (socialize) are you spending time with only them? Are you spending time with other-self at expense of spending time with self?

Or is it an experience where-in you are interacting both with SELF and OTHER-SELF?

How does one spend time with self? Is being alone and asleep mentally/physically/spiritually count? Or is it like spending time with other-selves where 'efficiency of socialization' is determined by interaction?

Or if you're a guy the lack-of-discomfort in some situations I.e. guys watching TV together, or just being around each other causes 'friendship'.

I'm more or less obsessed with thoughts and their perceptions at the moment so any input would be greatly appreciated! Blessed be.

1. Anything which acts as a balm to the spirit/mind/body would fall under this category. Be it healing rituals, the easing of mind through meditation or books, working the body in a pleasant fashion, and so on.

2. Doing whatever to pass time until 'alone' stops.

3. Neutral, as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't define anything about the 'aloneing'. However, we're never truly alone so I'd say this doesn't really apply as such.
my perceptions of these
1 sounds like meditation
2 sounds neutral to me, just doing stuff (anything) by yourself
3 the word alone has a connotation for me in this statement, like its meant to convey something more subjective or emotion filled e.g. finally some alone time, or phew glad im alone, or im so alone and i wish i wasnt. its probably just me projecting stuff onto the word though lol
Cool cool, thanks for all the input so far guys.
(07-05-2013, 03:11 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]1. Spending time with yourself
3. Spending time alone

1st: Spending time with the focus of attention in yourself.

2nd: Spending time with the focus of attention in what you do.

3rd: Spending time without a specific focus and no company.

Unbound

I think what is key in this is the way dfferent words will trigger emotions for different people. One person may fear being alone, so the idea of spending time alone when phrased that way will create a reaction. Those people may think of spending time by themselves as different from being alone. Some people feel like they are alone even when there are other selves around. Others may feel that spending time with others is spending time with themselves. All comes down to translation of the "vibratory sound complex".