Bring4th

Full Version: what does true freedom mean to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it freedom from physical chains?

or the freedom to think?

Philosoraptor

To live as though you are all being and thoughts and actions and choices. The first distortion within Infinity/Oneness is free-will. And there is no "you" and "me," there is only One Infinite Creator.
True freedom for me is to be without judgement and without being judged. At least it is today. Tomorrow freedom might be to be able to redefine freedom ^^.
(07-07-2013, 09:13 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]is it freedom from physical chains?

or the freedom to think?
True freedom is consciousness itself which is, and yet what may be actualized of body, mind and spirit. It is that which may be allowed, which is both what you are being offered and what you are offering. Given that, to me it is the enjoyment and responsibility, in this moment, as a way of life.
We have true freedom always, but we choose to put certain limitations on outselves to more experiance the freedom of limitations. I think the freedom comes from being aware of our divinity and living in the moment.
Freewill, choice; Not an entitlement to comfort or safety as many advocate. That is illusory freedom that offers no real purpose nor experience except for the inevitable moment when that feeling of security fails.

"Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self."
Freedom is creating reality with the full awareness that you create it. Creating what you truly want.

Unbound

To be able to sleep for as long as I so desire aha
Freedom from negative thinking. To be released from self-doubt.

Unbound

That is a degree of freedom I'm working on myself too, GW.

Really, I think freedom is first and foremost a feeling, an experience of being uninhibited in all layers of the self, however much of the self one is aware of at that point.
Indeed, it would be freedom to not have these thoughts of wanting to die.
Or I can't say if I really want to.
I think of that euthanasia coaster as being the best way to go.
But then I realize I have a purpose for being here.
It's to shine my light, however dim it may be.
And I think I have plenty of love to share as well.
Being able to go sit by a tree and relax.

Melissa

Feeling joy.
Feelings are a result of belief. Are you guys thinking about this in the right way?

Unbound

Is freedom a cause or an effect?
(07-08-2013, 06:10 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys thinking about this in the right way?
Are you?
(07-08-2013, 04:59 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, it would be freedom to not have these thoughts of wanting to die.

indeed. suicide thought forms can linger.

they take a little extracting if one has indulged in them in the past.

one can see the latent destructive thought forms that one has when one is tired or mentally exhausted (say, after a tough day at work).

when that happens, one no longer has the mental energy to keep a lid on these free-radical thoughts (one's that cause havoc in the mind), and they run wild.

a balanced person, when they get tired or have low energy ... well, they just get tired and have low energy. The nature (and quality) of their thoughts does not fluctuate or do a 'dark flip'.

but for those with ongoing imbalances (pretty much everyone lol), when you reach that mental 'low point' energetically, all the self-attacks, fears, self-criticisms, hidden concerns, anxieties, etc come rising to the surface.

it is a good chance to observe, rather than suppress or avoid, these emotional states.

when we are high or in a great mood, we can paper over these subtle imbalances; much like driving through a Stop Sign when we are driving a Ferrari.

but keep observing, and the slight cracks in consciousness rendered in the past will reveal themselves clearly enough.

and so the self feedbacks to the self ...

peace brother. Things are always changeable.
(07-08-2013, 07:20 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Is freedom a cause or an effect?

It's an effect of veiling, illusion out of the cause of creating a diverse reality.
Thanks plenum. I have found reality to be rather sticky. Lessons I had learned in the past come back as they are stuck to me. Perhaps this is a lesson to work through my thoughts of wanting to end this incarnation. I don't see how these thoughts are healthy, but thankfully I don't have them all the time. I have moments of inspiration and gratitude about the same amount of times. The positive thoughts balance out the negative thoughts, they are like a see-saw pendulum going back and forth. But I found it interesting how reality seems to ooze. That's how catalyst flows in my life. So right now I can't say what I choose, live or die. It goes back and forth. I feel I could do so much more for my mission here. So perhaps now is not the time. But the thought is that I would be more eager to serve in a higher density.