Bring4th

Full Version: 2013: the best year of your life EVER???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't like to gloat, but this year has been freakin' awesome so far. In every way possible.

how are you doing?

is 2013 the best year of your life so far?

(subjective evaluation of course; 180 days or so of data)

Philosoraptor

(07-07-2013, 09:21 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]is 2013 the best year of your life so far?

Since the measure of growth and progress is experienced in a linear fashion it stands to reason that every "new" year is the new "best year." Thus, I shall predict that 2014 will actually your best year, plenum! Wait, or was it 2015? Err, 2016...?

There is only NOW. Thus, every moment is "the best" moment when you are fully and joyously immersed in it in awe-some appreciation whilst maximizing your learn/teaching potential to its fullest.

So to answer the question, yes, 2013 is my best year, just as 2012 was my best year last year and 2014 will be my best year next year.
I agree. The now is progressively the best.
Subjectively, no. Objectively, yes. However, my subjective view of reality is progressively improving, so by the end of the year, I may subjectively believe that this has been my best year ever.

Melissa

So far, it has been the most bizarre, interesting and outrages year EVER.
(07-07-2013, 03:53 PM)Notalone Wrote: [ -> ]So far, it has been the most bizarre, interesting and outrages year EVER.

I'll take that as a Yes.

BigSmile

Melissa

(07-07-2013, 03:59 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2013, 03:53 PM)Notalone Wrote: [ -> ]So far, it has been the most bizarre, interesting and outrages year EVER.

I'll take that as a Yes.

BigSmile

YEAH! Tongue
(07-07-2013, 01:46 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]Subjectively, no. Objectively, yes. However, my subjective view of reality is progressively improving, so by the end of the year, I may subjectively believe that this has been my best year ever.

that seems to be the way it always goes for me too

*6D cynical high five* YAH!
Well, let's see...

I've been unemployed for a year and a half, despite efforts to find work; my mother passed away in May; I had an emergency appendectomy on June 29th, and one of my incisions became infected, leaving me quite ill; and we've had so much rain this summer that my garden has gone to Hell.

Not one of my better years so far...... Dodgy

I do expect things to improve in the Fall.
I agree Plenum has been for me to. Of course by best I mean I have found the most out about myself and what I'am this year.
It's been an alright year for me. I've had freaker/scarier years in the past. But end of 2012 was one of the worst years when I unintentionally hurt my dog due to my schizophrenia. But this year is manageable due to my meds. I'd say some of my past years have been better. But none of the past 3 years, since I've had episodes each of those years. It would have to be some time before that.
Now that I think about it, this is the first year that nothing really bad has happened. I had a streak going for the last 5-6 years where it steadily got worse. It actually started last year but my car consistently broke down last year so I'd still give this year the nod for being the best in quite a long time.

Nothing really majorly good has happened though. I've just steadily existed which, for me right now, is the best I can be
I can't complain. I have a job and a dog that I love tremendously. Though yesterday he scratched my lower eyelid and I got onto him in a way that I regret. I come down too hard on him for an accident. So this year nothing bad has really happened. I just get guilty about how I treat him sometimes. Last year was worse though. I was going through the Mayan prophecy and believing all of that, and thinking I was working with God when it was either a negative being or myself. I get enough sleep, and work treats me well. Just have a few disagreements with my mom. She lives with me, which makes things harder sometimes. But when I'm sick and my stomach hurts, she's there with medicine if I need it.

Best experience was probably when I saw Bolt for the first time. The ending of it made me tear up. It's been a few years on that one. I published a novel as well, but wish now that I hadn't self published, as the book has not gone anywhere.
It's nearly the end of another workday. Looking forward to getting home.
I've spent this year so far without a job, which can itself be a hugely positive thing. BigSmile My time in that pleasure may have run out so at this very current now nexus I have a bit of stress, but overall this has been a good year indeed. A year ago today I was in a very abusive job situation. Currently I'm experiencing pre-incarnational set downtime that I'm probably not using in the utmost ideal, but I'm also learning to be more patient with myself and my abilities.

Brittany

My life gets progressively more awesome every day.
(07-10-2013, 10:29 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]My life gets progressively more awesome every day.

+1
2013 has been awesome for me so far. I have finally transitioned from a place where I need external future dates to look forward to in order to feel remotely happy, over to a place where I can simply be happy with my current circumstances, no matter what they are. I have never been happier or doing better in my life thus far, despite harsh catalyst not reducing itself. I have simply found ways to cope with harsh catalyst and see it as a learning experience.
I'm having an awesome now....
i have a lot to be thankful for. as far as an awesome time. yea sure why not some of the time.
Although my year started badly, it's improving. It's the start of fruit season here at Chateau Eddie, and my peach trees are loaded with big delicious peaches. I just ate several and have a big smile on my face. BigSmile

We're right at the start of the blackberry harvest and we'll have bushels this year. Cool The canes are all so loaded that they've drooped down to the ground. Same with my Golden Delicious apple tree; it's groaning under the weight of a huge crop. Barring a hailstorm, this will turn out to be an epic fruit year.Smile

Guess I'll bring blackberry jam and peach pickle to Homecoming this year.

Ludi

edited
(07-20-2013, 08:04 AM)Ludi Wrote: [ -> ]But from my point of view, this year has been ok, things are getting better.
Meh life is experience and i'm learning a lot if nothing else lol.

good to hear!