Bring4th

Full Version: The Spiritual Ethics of Suicide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-02-2015, 05:07 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 04:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]How would you define truly wanting to die?

depression is usually the start.

I'm on Prozac for that, so it can't be depression.

AngelofDeath

I think it is defined by seeing something in death that is believed to be either unobtainable or too difficult to obtain in life.
You guys are wonderful. I was going to post some kooky thread about wanting my higher self to take me out.

AngelofDeath

Gemini, I think you merely find your mind more enjoyable than your body.
That may be true. I can hardly eat.
(04-02-2015, 05:07 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 05:10 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]depression is usually the start.

I'm on Prozac for that, so it can't be depression.

well, I'm no expert on pharmaceuticals, but my impression is that the Prozac may mask the physical effects of the depression (ie, realign the chemical imbalances in the brain), but it doesn't affect the biases or the emotionality which triggered the depression in the first place.

So it helps manage the effects of the depression, but the causation (the pain of living, existing) is still somewhere, back in the mind somewhere, floating around like a ghost.

AngelofDeath

(04-02-2015, 05:24 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]That may be true. I can hardly eat.
You do not want to embrace the body, you see it as your prison here.
(04-02-2015, 05:22 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, I think you merely find your mind more enjoyable than your body.

all air signs are like that. Gemini!  Libra!  Aquarius!  they love ideas - doesn't mean they always neglect the physical world, but they use communication as a primary tool of their experience.
It gives me sexual pleasure, the body, sometimes.

AngelofDeath

(04-02-2015, 05:27 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It gives me sexual pleasure.

That is a rather objectifying way to view the body, if you ask me. Not that sexual pleasure is a bad thing.
I am left with only the love of others, mostly beyond this world.
But it is enough.

AngelofDeath

You are left with whatever you settle with.
You guys, and my higher self keep me here. I do love myself after all.
It's not that I want to change anything about myself.
All I need is a near death experience that tells me I'd have to live 2 more lives if I don't change my ways. I think then I'd shape up.

AngelofDeath

That has nothing to do with your desire for life and everything to do with your curiosity towards death.

It seems you are endlessly expecting or hoping to 'be told' what the right thing to do is. Why not live life of and for your own volition?

Make a choice, that is what this density is for. The only choice that sets you back is not making one.
34 posts were split into the Teaching and Service thread.
(04-02-2015, 05:26 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 05:22 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, I think you merely find your mind more enjoyable than your body.

all air signs are like that. Gemini!  Libra!  Aquarius!  they love ideas - doesn't mean they always neglect the physical world, but they use communication as a primary tool of their experience.

i guess we're airheads. i really hate the physical. i'm at the point where i get no real pleasure from physical, at least not enough to keep living. ugh. i really really don't want to be in body anymore
(04-02-2015, 05:49 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]That has nothing to do with your desire for life and everything to do with your curiosity towards death.

It seems you are endlessly expecting or hoping to 'be told' what the right thing to do is. Why not live life of and for your own volition?

Make a choice, that is what this density is for. The only choice that sets you back is not making one.

we can't just tell the deciders to puck off. we're at their mercy.
(04-03-2015, 07:36 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 05:26 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

i guess we're airheads. i really hate the physical. i'm at the point where i get no real pleasure from physical, at least not enough to keep living. ugh. i really really don't want to be in body anymore

I don't think I'm that far. But I leave it to my higher self to do what he wants.

AngelofDeath

I'm an internal Aquarius (moon sign), so I know what it's like to have your head in the clouds. However, I have been frustrated with the body many times but I have never found myself hating it or holding anything against my bodily existence. I always have to remind myself that the reason my body is so inefficient is because of the level on which I am existing and I forgive it for that. I have had experiences of being suicidal, I have even been at the edge of the attempt but in the end I realized that it was only running away from what was going on in my life. I decided to stop running, to turn and face what life has in store for me. Since then, I haven't ever felt suicidal in any serious way.
i don't hate *it* i just hate physicality because people r so attached to material stuff. i hate stuff. i hate western society & its obsession w stuff.

AngelofDeath

That's a lot of hate to hold within you. That must be tiring.

These things are all neutral to me. People like what they like, I have no need to choose for them. That isn't to say I don't think there are many vast improvements that could be made but I see no reason to hate people for their attachments.

Do you consider natural environments, like the forests, plains, etc, to be 'material stuff'?
I can only imagine how freeing it is to be a floating orb of consciousness with no physicality.
Though I do love trees and plains and rivers and nature.
(04-03-2015, 09:38 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I can only imagine how freeing it is to be a floating orb of consciousness with no physicality.

Sounds like a pretty good mediation you've got there.

AngelofDeath

Freedom is all relative. You'd be free to do lots of things in that form, but you would then also be limited by that form. There are things you can experience in physicality things that are not experienced on any other level in the same way. The same is true the other way around, things you can do outside of physicality.

I try to adopt an attitude of not trying to make the planes of existence compete with eachother for 'goodness' in my eyes.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 09:43 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 09:38 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I can only imagine how freeing it is to be a floating orb of consciousness with no physicality.

Technically could be used as a form of astral travel or remote viewing, actually.

However, this actually brings my thoughts back around to the subject matter of the thread. I think that more often than not one who commits suicide becomes akin to a hungry ghost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_ghost

Trapped and wandering the astral planes, looking for retribution for one's pains.
(04-03-2015, 09:46 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

Technically could be used as a form of astral travel or remote viewing, actually.

However, this actually brings my thoughts back around to the subject matter of the thread. I think that more often than not one who commits suicide becomes akin to a hungry ghost.

Trapped and wandering the astral planes, looking for retribution for one's pains.

What if you died of natural causes and ended up there?

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 09:51 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 09:46 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

What if you died of natural causes and ended up there?

Same thing. It just seems generally more likely that someone who commits suicide will have some deep pain, attachment or intense emotion.
I don't imagine dying with my loved ones around me cause I have no kids, nor really anyone I am close to.
I do have one good friend who is older than I am.
I have one who is younger, but he wouldn't know of my passing when I get to be old.

I'm afraid when I'm old I'll have nobody to be with me.

AngelofDeath

Well, not to be harsh here, but you're not exactly immersing yourself in the culture of people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6