Bring4th

Full Version: The Spiritual Ethics of Suicide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-03-2015, 09:45 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Freedom is all relative. You'd be free to do lots of things in that form, but you would then also be limited by that form. There are things you can experience in physicality things that are not experienced on any other level in the same way. The same is true the other way around, things you can do outside of physicality.

I try to adopt an attitude of not trying to make the planes of existence compete with eachother for 'goodness' in my eyes.

I thought floating ball of consciousness was funny. Sure you'd not be able to touch, or maybe smell things. But you'd be able to hear and see. Maybe you couldn't taste either.

But maybe you gain more awareness.

Good idea on not having planes compete with one another.

AngelofDeath

How would you be able to hear and see if you can't touch or smell? You do realize that all of those are physical senses, yes? They are not things that 'just happen'. We have eyes, ears, a nose and a mouth. Mechanisms which allow those things to occur in the manner that they do. Even if you could sense while in that state you would not sense at all the same things as you would physically.

That being said, I can imagine if you commit suicide you probably have other things in your mind beyond whether or not you can smell.
I don't plan on committing suicide.
Life has its perks.
We get catalyst we don't get elsewhere.

AngelofDeath

I know, I am just keeping our discussion on topic.

Honestly, in the end, I think a lot of this 'advanced' spiritual philosophy is more dangerous than it is beneficial on the surface.
Well thankfully I've never read any advanced spiritual magic.

I don't see how the Law of One is dangerous though.

AngelofDeath

The Ra Material is 'advanced' spiritual thinking in the sense that it offers an enourmous amount of power in to the life of the individual. Think about your own experiences, have they been influenced by the Ra Material in any intense or extreme way?

I see all knowledge as dangerous in the wrong hands. The wrong hands being those with neither the care nor the power to handle the knowledge without harming others. The Law of One is perhaps some of the most dangerous information around, considering it basically offers to the reader the possibility that they are the One Infinite Creator. I think this, especially received through many distortions, creates a great possibility for both clarity and confusion.

The problem is actually not the material itself per se, but also largely just how it may be interpreted in an infinite number of ways. There have been some very intense situations arising out of the material and the whole saga with the fifth-density negative entity and then the suicide of Don Elkins leaves something a little dark surrounding the whole thing and anybody who can't see that is clearly white-washing the whole material.

Ra is a phenomenal philosopher, but let us not forget that there were real people, real lives, who were and have been heavily affected by this material. It has not been good for everyone.
I once chanted Ra and Lucifer are One. And it dazed me. I wasn't quite right after commanding the Field in that way.

AngelofDeath

You do realize that such an act is magical and will actually produce changes, perhaps long-lasting, in your consciousness?

Magic is much more common and much more dangerous than most take in to consideration. Your words are incredibly powerful.

On the topic of suicide, I will make a confession. I believe there is a part of the universe, an entity, which feeds on planets and one of the ways it does this is through inducing suicide and suicidal thoughts, thereby feeding on the energy let off by the self-destructive patterns and the energy let off by the struggle by the conscious mind.

I believe that one of the benefits of 'turning to the Light' or calling to Love and the Creator is that it protects us from this entity because it is anathema to Love.
I was "insane" before because I would willy-nilly chant the most negative things, like "existence is paradox" and such like that. Trying to induce a paradox. I often thought of throwing Lucifer into a black hole to suffer.

AngelofDeath

So after creating all of these things, have you ever gone back and you know, banished or fixed some of these things? Your whole field is full of wacky, confused thought-forms all tumbling in and out of eachother, like you are locked in some kind of spell.
I simply don't hold the belief that they still affect me.
Why add any extra trouble to my life?
I didn't give them any energy after the initial doings.

AngelofDeath

It's not always about you, how about everybody else? Those thought-forms still exist in the universe, and the entities involved may have received trauma from it. That's the problem with this kind of Law of One philosophy, is people start thinking only of themselves.
Isn't banishing only for the person? Where would these thought-forms go if I banished them?
Besides I don't know how to banish them.
But I'm not looking to really.
I don't feel them around me.

AngelofDeath

Also, I'm not sure you understand and realize that just because you don't give a thought-form energy doesn't mean it can't still collect energy from other places. If you have created intelligent thought-forms and let them loose and then simply ignore them cause they no longer appear to affect you (although I bet you they do) there is definitely the possibility that they will simply take on their own sentience and feed themselves through their own efforts.

People don't realize that the initial charge that goes in to a thought-form can be enough to give it an enourmous life.
I hope it doesn't lead to a really morbid afterlife.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 11:52 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't banishing only for the person? Where would these thought-forms go if I banished them?
Besides I don't know how to banish them.
But I'm not looking to really.
I don't feel them around me.

They would dissipate and dissolve, they would 'die'. Of course you wouldn't, it would feel 'normal' to you, especially if they have been there for a long time.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 11:54 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it doesn't lead to a really morbid afterlife.

Why? I thought you are curious about the morbid?
When I think about death I only like peaceful ones.
I don't like horror or slasher films.
curiosity killed the wanderer.
(04-03-2015, 12:02 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]curiosity killed the wanderer.

That's actually a scary thought.
(04-03-2015, 11:50 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]It's not always about you, how about everybody else? Those thought-forms still exist in the universe, and the entities involved may have received trauma from it. That's the problem with this kind of Law of One philosophy, is people start thinking only of themselves.

Then I will do my best to heal it. With Love and Light.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 12:04 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 11:50 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]It's not always about you, how about everybody else? Those thought-forms still exist in the universe, and the entities involved may have received trauma from it. That's the problem with this kind of Law of One philosophy, is people start thinking only of themselves.

Well, I have a method for you if you would like to use it. I would go back to all these scenarios in my mind, such as when you thought of throwing Lucifer in to a black hole to suffer, or Ra and Lucifer being one, or the negative utterings, and just try to create the opposite action in your mind. Turn each scenario in to its opposite, that will equalize or 'fulfill' the thought-form and it will 'become one with the one'.

The purpose here is not to judge the thought-forms as good or bad, but rather to 'complete' them so they no longer hold a charge.
(04-03-2015, 11:23 AM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]The Ra Material is 'advanced' spiritual thinking in the sense that it offers an enourmous amount of power in to the life of the individual. Think about your own experiences, have they been influenced by the Ra Material in any intense or extreme way?

I see all knowledge as dangerous in the wrong hands. The wrong hands being those with neither the care nor the power to handle the knowledge without harming others. The Law of One is perhaps some of the most dangerous information around, considering it basically offers to the reader the possibility that they are the One Infinite Creator. I think this, especially received through many distortions, creates a great possibility for both clarity and confusion.

The problem is actually not the material itself per se, but also largely just how it may be interpreted in an infinite number of ways. There have been some very intense situations arising out of the material and the whole saga with the fifth-density negative entity and then the suicide of Don Elkins leaves something a little dark surrounding the whole thing and anybody who can't see that is clearly white-washing the whole material.

Ra is a phenomenal philosopher, but let us not forget that there were real people, real lives, who were and have been heavily affected by this material. It has not been good for everyone.

for once someone said it! i totally agree. i wish i could sunshine of the spotless mind it away. as much as it helped open my eyes, it's not exactly puppies & rainbows.
If a suicide goes in peace with no regrets, I don't think they'd become a hungry ghost.
Though they may have to face the thought forms they created.
(04-03-2015, 12:06 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I have a method for you if you would like to use it. I would go back to all these scenarios in my mind, such as when you thought of throwing Lucifer in to a black hole to suffer, or Ra and Lucifer being one, or the negative utterings, and just try to create the opposite action in your mind. Turn each scenario in to its opposite, that will equalize or 'fulfill' the thought-form and it will 'become one with the one'.

The purpose here is not to judge the thought-forms as good or bad, but rather to 'complete' them so they no longer hold a charge.

This is something I'd need to do myself but I don't quite see why he should do it with the Ra/Lucifer thought. Seeing them as two is the normal everyday perspective and seeing them as One is perceiving them beyond the illusion of separateness. If both parties did not like it, they are still facing truth.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 12:21 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]If a suicide goes in peace with no regrets, I don't think they'd become a hungry ghost.

Why go to such lengths to justify an action which is clearly self-destructive at its core?

I think there is a big difference between suicide, actually killing yourself, and the kind of peaceful death you are envisioning. What you are thinking of seems more to me like the masters who choose their own death and die when they want to, happy and peaceful with their lives. When I say suicide, I mean the forceful taking of the life from one's body when it is not in any natural way time for that body to die.
(04-03-2015, 12:24 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 12:21 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]If a suicide goes in peace with no regrets, I don't think they'd become a hungry ghost.

Why go to such lengths to justify an action which is clearly self-destructive at its core?

I think there is a big difference between suicide, actually killing yourself, and the kind of peaceful death you are envisioning. What you are thinking of seems more to me like the masters who choose their own death and die when they want to, happy and peaceful with their lives. When I say suicide, I mean the forceful taking of the life from one's body when it is not in any natural way time for that body to die.

I do not think the masters' way is considered natural.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 12:22 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 12:06 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

This is something I'd need to do myself but I don't quite see why he should do it with the Ra/Lucifer thought. Seeing them as two is the normal everyday perspective and seeing them as One is perceiving them beyond the illusion of separateness. If both parties did not like it, they are still facing truth.

Simply balance in the mind. Equalization of opposites. These are given in Ra's explanation of mental exercises.

Quote:Questioner: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.
Ra: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished.

It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet. The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

At this time we would suggest closing the description until the next time of work so that we may devote time to the third area commensurate with its importance.

AngelofDeath

(04-03-2015, 12:26 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 12:24 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

I do not think the masters' way is considered natural.

As the alchemists say, "Nature unaided fails."
I meant that this thought was already doing this very work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6