Bring4th

Full Version: What role does intelligence play in spiritual enlightenment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What role does intelligence play in spiritual enlightenment? I have an IQ of 136 and because of that I have been able to easily understand spiritual concepts and come to great revelation using reason and intuition. I know a person with an IQ of 85 and the spiritual concepts go right over their head and they aren't able to grasp the concepts of spiritual growth very easily because of that.

Does IQ have anything to do with the evolution of people's awareness and ability to grasp spiritual things. Also what is your IQ?
I think my IQ is between 111 and 130. People say I'm smart. There's a fine line between genius and insanity, and I've been on both sides. Though my insane side has won out more strongly. I seem to be able to complete tasks easily that others have a hard time with. But I'm just recovering from a severe mental breakdown. It's hard riding that line.
I tend to feel pretty spiritual, even if it's of the negative connotation of thoughtstreams. I sometimes feel powerless and alone. And much of the conversation that goes on in this forum I can't comment on because I don't have points to make. The knowledge of what to say just isn't there for me.
I've never done an IQ test, no idea what mine would be.

Melissa

I always stayed away from these kind of tests because; 1) I passionately dislike tests. 2) I wasn't ready to face up to the fact that I might actually be retarded or something (read: insecure). However, I did take on the challenge once, while intoxicated, and ended up somewhere around 'definitely not retarded'.

I don't see any correlation between IQ and spirituality though. It's all the same to me.
This is kind of funny since this is an IQ thread, but the >'s are reversed.

If first option is meant for those with less than 70 IQ, it should read <70.

If the last option is meant for those with greater than 131 IQ, it should read >131.

Cheers Smile

p.s. You can definitely be spiritual with a normal or "low" IQ. It may involve less of the mind, and more of the heart, but the heart is what Ra tells us to focus on anyway.
Lol it would appear my dyslexia has surfaced!

Philosoraptor

(07-09-2013, 12:42 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]Does IQ have anything to do with the evolution of people's awareness and ability to grasp spiritual things. Also what is your IQ?

What does "Intelligent Infinity" sound like to you?

Awareness is directly related to consciousness in direct proportion to intelligence (this, of course, measured in relation to entity's closeness/proximity to absolute awareness of Intelligent Infinity).

Those 3rd entities that are heavily distorted/imbalanced towards the intellectual/analytic function of their mind complex often suffer from a serious handicap in grasping "spiritual things." Conversely, those heavily distorted/imbalanced towards the intuitive faculties of the mind alone tend to grossly misunderstand spiritual concepts and fail to grasp the actual "mechanics" behind "spiritual things."
But intelligence doesn't come at the cost of intuition. They aren't opposites. And an IQ doesn't mean a failure to think intuitively, although many times that can be the case.

Bat

I don't think it has a great deal to do with enlightenment. We can look to Rasputin, a man who couldn't read or write , yet was able to be harvested into the 4th density. Although he was negative i am sure the same concept can apply to a positive STO path.

Philosoraptor

(07-09-2013, 03:20 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]But intelligence doesn't come at the cost of intuition.

Never said it did.

Quote:And an IQ doesn't mean a failure to think intuitively,

Never said it was!

=D

(07-09-2013, 04:16 PM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]a man who couldn't read or write , yet was able to be harvested into the 4th density

Thank you. Which is why I've always said: reading books (and writing/verbal language, for that matter) is not a sign of greater intelligence.
(07-09-2013, 12:42 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]What role does intelligence play in spiritual enlightenment? I have an IQ of 136 and because of that I have been able to easily understand spiritual concepts and come to great revelation using reason and intuition. I know a person with an IQ of 85 and the spiritual concepts go right over their head and they aren't able to grasp the concepts of spiritual growth very easily because of that.

Does IQ have anything to do with the evolution of people's awareness and ability to grasp spiritual things. Also what is your IQ?

Intelligence plays a large role in peoples ability to accelerate spiritual growth. However, there are MANY different types of intelligence and IQ tests don't, by any stretch of the imagination, account for all of them. We all have different gifts and abilities and are in uniquely suited positions to utilize them in different ways that accelerate our spiritual understanding.

Ludi

Edited for grammar
(07-09-2013, 12:42 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]Does IQ have anything to do with the evolution of people's awareness and ability to grasp spiritual things.
Of course, when you are intelligent you are necessarily aware of intelligence, you can speak to intelligence. Intelligence is not a bias (like the preferred use and development of the rational faculties), it's a spiritual condition.

BTW, should be <71 and >130 (lol).
Intelligence is just a function of how wide somebody's perception of creation is. Nothing more.

When one's openness to creation is infinite, they become infinitely intelligent, intelligent infinity.
ultimately i don't feel much intelligence is needed. it is simply only the choice that is needed to be of service. i am a 112-118 i forget and sometimes i feel i would be better having 70. I'd definitely worry less and be a lot happier. I think the high intelligence simply brought myself on more catalyst as a result of increased input, stimuli if it will. today i got so pissed off because of someone else getting picked to work this position i worked my butt off to try for and found he was in the job for less time than me. In a way I'm still pissed off because I still definitely feel a charge. I know I must forgive myself and the situation, and just accept it regardless of my standing and regardless of any situation whatsoever.

The first instinct I had however was that of fear and lack. I realize how important it is for a situation such as this to apply love and forgiveness. Hard Work!. Phew. Nuff said.
IQ tests are only one form of intelligence. A limited one, in my opinion.

Brittany

I don't think intelligence is necessary when it comes to spiritual progression, and at a certain level it can become a hindrance. Many geniuses experience social isolation because they just can't relate to average people and are in some ways literally trapped inside their own heads. Of course, a profoundly low intelligence would seem to stunt the capability for any serious seeking. I've considered the thought that those who choose to experience severe mental handicaps are working through some difficult lessons that needed a more pointed reinforcement...and even then we can learn a great deal from such beings. They are some of humanity's greatest teachers.

Most of my personal growth has stemmed from hours of deep contemplation, and I certainly value by ability to think, especially in abstract terms, but at the same time I'm absolutely terrible with maths and sciences, having difficulty with even basic algebra, and though it makes certain spiritual concepts a bit harder for me to grasp (there were whole chapters of the LOO that I just skipped the first time around), I don't feel it has impeded my spiritual progress in any major way.

Ultimately, I think we are all born perfectly equipped with the tools we need to learn whatever lessons we set out to learn in this life. Some of those lessons might require a high or genius intelligence. Some might require an intelligence so low that a perpetual reliance on others is needed. I also think IQ tests are basically meaningless because everyone learns differently and has different strengths and weaknesses. If individual needs were catered to instead of trying to get large groups of people to swallow and regurgitate information in a single, cookie cutter format, think we'd have a lot more geniuses running around.
It seems most of you are defining intelligence as competence in math and science, which is just quantifying small portions of the universe. The same thing applies to IQ tests.

By this definition, no, intelligence has no relevance in becoming all that is.

I will contend intelligence is far more than this for it is what manifests all kinds of creations.
The 'IQ' you are talking about is based on the Cattell–Horn–Carroll theory of intelligence and is typically tested using instruments such as the Stanford-Binet, Wechsler, or Woodcock-Johnson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligen...oll_theory

If your IQ score was based on an online test or you have done the real deal test and have a score that is within the 'normal range'...1) online 'IQ' tests are bullshit and you probably don't have the proper score , 2) have to know which model of intelligence you are being tested for, 3) is kind of meaningless unless you are having cognitive difficulties or other disability due to mental health conditions OR are 'gifted' and need placement outside of your regular classroom.

There are other models. My personal favorite is Gardener's model of multiple intelligences http://www.tecweb.org/styles/gardner.html . It encompasses many domains, not just cognitive intelligence as the standard model that you are probably thinking about when you think IQ.

Basic types of intelligence:
Cognitive ('IQ' tests)
Emotional
Social
Spiritual

Spiritual Quotient (SQ) is pretty interesting... it caught more attention in the UK I think. This is a good introduction to SQ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_intelligence

So intelligence being many things, of course it will contribute to one's spiritual enlightenment.

Unbound

Without design there is no creation, like a universe with no geometry or organizational principles.
Can I change my answer? BigSmile

Edit: in my defense it looked logical but upon closer inspection it is:

131<
71-90
91-110
111-130
Null

Clever move man.

Half the gosh darn people in here don't register as having an intellect (reading what happens with the answer ranges based on proper < and > ) ...
I've always questioned 'IQ' as a measurement since it factors so few things and can be achieved mostly by reading up on alot of s h i t. I especially got furious when I was invited to MENSA at the age of 12 and would've told them to stick their mode of measurement up their asses because it's in no way relative to actual intelligence and their club is all about patting each other on their respecitve backs.
My mother was kind enough to handle the phone-call so all they got was "No, he's not really interested", some "uhu/aha" and when they told her to ask me a final time I declared loudly for everyone, including phone, to hear; "Tell them to go to hell and never come back".

I may have been a bit difficult as a child =)
I've often wondered about this when it comes to someone who's what you could call mentally retarded (IQ < 30, say)..what is the purpose of that incarnation?

Philosoraptor

(07-09-2013, 10:32 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think intelligence is necessary when it comes to spiritual progression, and at a certain level it can become a hindrance.

My, my, my, then it would seem Infinite Intelligence is hindered infinitely! =O

The problem here is that everyone (generalization) in this "modern" and "educated" society thinks intelligence = capacity to analyze/rationalize/calculate things in mathematical/technical terms.

Intelligence is more, more than that. (Just as Love in its purest sense is a Thought, not a romanticized emotional attachment between entities.)

(07-10-2013, 03:10 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Without design there is no creation, like a universe with no geometry or organizational principles.

Precisely. Intelligence.
I scored high once but I may have killed off a lot of my brain since then. A re-test may be in order.
As everyone's mentioning, intelligence has many different meanings. I don't know (or remember) what the IQ test tests, but I think intelligence is often used to referred to the ability to think logically, which if taken to excess often stunts one's creative, social or emotional intelligence.

If there is to be a universal definition of intelligence, it would have to include aptitude on all of the various forms of thinking.
(07-10-2013, 09:44 AM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]I've often wondered about this when it comes to someone who's what you could call mentally retarded (IQ < 30, say)..what is the purpose of that incarnation?

We are all born with a 'handicap' to sort of 'keep us in line'. I can fully understand those that are more advanced having a built in limiter to keep everything 'equal'.

If it is easier to use an analog, imagine someone builds a car that can accelerate to 1000mph. What would need to be done to drive 'legally' on a highway with everyone else? Limiters would be installed to keep things 'safe' for everyone involved.
Personally, I think IQ is the opposite type of intelligence we need for spiritual expansion. Not that it is ever an either/or thing, but I think the type of knowledge and learning that our society puts value into is precisely unconducive to spiritual learning and growth. That being said, I've never taken a "real" IQ test, but plenty online where I usually fall around 140 or so. Having a higher IQ made me feel very isolated as a child, and I spent much of my life (and am still battling with) trying to dumb myself down to be more like everyone else and more accepted.

Oddly, math was always one of my strongest subjects, but I hate it so. I suspect I have some real deep spiritual knowledge/experience with sacred geometry, etc, and this is why it came so easily to me, but I find 3D math so tedious and laboriously repetitive that I actively avoid it most of the time.

Philosoraptor

(07-10-2013, 02:10 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]If there is to be a universal definition of intelligence, it would have to include aptitude on all of the various forms of thinking.

Ra didn't just choose to call the Creator Intelligent Infinity for no reason.

For the closest, most accurate definition, one need only investigate its etymology: intelligence derives from Latin intelligentia, "understanding, power of discerning; art, skill, taste," from intelligentem (nominative intelligens) "discerning," present participle of intelligere "to understand, comprehend," from inter- "between" (see inter-) + legere "choose, pick out."

So, once again, intelligence plays a major and prominent role in spiritual evolution.
I think we can all agree intelligence is more than an IQ test report. But IQ tests can measure it with distortion, of course.

So intelligence is important in spiritual growth but has many different forms.

Can one increase their intelligence or, should I say, have greater access to intelligent infinity?

And are there people all across the board more intelligent than others?

And if so, does that show a further advancement in evolution?
Pages: 1 2