Bring4th

Full Version: Temptations, oh, Temptations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:67.7 The normal gambit of such fourth-density attack is the tempting of the entity or group of entities away from total polarization towards service to others and toward the aggrandizement of self or of social organizations with which the self identifies.

In the case of this particular group each was given a full range of temptations to cease being of service to each other and to the One Infinite Creator.

Each entity declined these choices and instead continued with no significant deviations from the desire for a purely other-self service orientation.

in this case here, I belive that Temptations can be used to solidify one's Choice or path. Do you really want to serve the One Infinite Creator, and be sto, or do you still have desires for orange and yellow activity (aggrandizement of self and social organisations) you wish to play out and explore? in both cases, there is a choice, and not a wrong one. If you are ready, then you are ready, if not, then you can explore some of your blockages a bit more. Even here, in the offering of Temptations and the attempt to depolarise is there a great service and opportunity being offered. It is a gift.

though one's choice and response to these type of 'self aggrandizing temptations' one can see where one currently is.

- -

and of course, we have the famous stories of Jesus and also the Buddha coming to terms with their 'Final Temptations'.

Quote:Matthew 4.1

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil.

(temptation 1) 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

(temptation 2) 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

(temptation 3) 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

- -

.... Joseph Campbell's version of the Buddha's enlightenment ....

Joseph Campbell

In Campbell's version, the immovable spot or axis mundi is not a geographical place, but a state of mind. It is that place in the psyche that is not moved by desire and fear.

To test the future-Buddha, Mara appeared as three different characters.

The first was Kama, or desire. He displayed before Siddhartha his three beautiful daughters named Lust, Fulfillment, and Regret.
If Siddhartha had not let go of his desire he would have looked for a way to fulfill his lust and would inevitably regret it. But he had disengaged his mind from the bodily desire.

Kama then turned himself into Mara, Lord of Death, and he brought an army of monstrous demons and threw against the Buddha all kind of weapons to inspire fear. But there was no "I" there to be frightened. This may explain why we don't see the Buddha's image in early Buddhist arts where he was symbolized by his throne, a dharma-wheel or a blurred image. He had disengaged himself. And the weapons that came into his realm of presence/non-existence were turned into lotuses or flowers.

Mara turned himself now into Dharma, the Lord of Social Duty. It was a trick and also a trap. Siddhartha was born a prince and destined to be a king. His duty was to rule and to rule well. How could he leave his people and the world behind in the pursuit of personal gratification? Wasn't that a selfish and cowardly act? By the way, where did he get the idea that he deserved to be and was about to become Buddha? what an egotistical jerk that he really was.
Campbell gave an excellent rhetorical answer: "How in heaven's name are you going to find your own track if you are always doing what society tells you your duty is?" So Buddha just dropped his hand and touched the earth. This is: "Don't try to move me with this journalistic appeal. I'm interested in eternity." And he called the Mother goddess to witness his right to be there. The goddess Earth herself said, "This is my beloved son who has, through innumerable lifetimes, so given of himself, there is no body here." And with that the elephant on which the Dharma was riding bowed, the army was dispersed and the Buddha received Illumination.

http://mesosyn.com/myth2-1.html
Yeah, be grateful for the service negative entities provide, since it tests your resolve and your commitment to your path.
Temptation can also take the form of doubt or despair:

Quote:67.23 Questioner: I personally have felt no effect that I am aware of. Is it possible for you to tell me how we are offered this service?

Ra: I am Ra. The questioner has been offered the service of doubting the self and of becoming disheartened over various distortions of the personal nature.
[redacted]
(07-11-2013, 03:45 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ][redacted]

Seeing a trend...
I've personally found that by constantly reminding myself that my chosen way of life has at it's center pure joy which is tangible and powerful in an emotional sense, any and all STS greetings (which at times were very loud and clear) dissolve instantly...to the point now that it's laughable every time a STS greeting arrives...they are welcome as clear markers that I am doing something new and or potent that if distracted from, would hinder my development of self.