Bring4th

Full Version: Working with Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dreams are my #1 tool for gaining insights and understandings. But dreams do not just deliver themself like a fruit platter; there is a lot of work that goes into making the optimal use of them.

maybe we can share some of our techniques in this thread.

1) dreams have a vocabulary

you can use a dream dictionary to help you get started, but past a certain point, you will have to come to terms with your own personal symbols. Ra expresses it as thus:

Quote:95.18 Questioner: Thank you. A question has been asked [which] I’ll ask at this time. In processing the catalyst of dreams is there a universal language of the unconscious mind which may be used to interpret the meaning of dreams, or does each entity have a unique language of its unconscious mind which it may use to interpret the meaning of dreams?

Ra: I am Ra. There is what might be called a partial vocabulary of the dreams due to the common heritage of all mind/body/spirit complexes.

Due to each entity’s unique incarnational experiences there is an overlay which grows to be a larger and larger proportion of the dream vocabulary as the entity gains experience.

I can give you an example from my own life. I had a friend from high school, let's call him Marcus. But this individual represented everything I wanted to be; he was funny, good looking, sincere, could move feelings, had an aptitude for learning and self-understanding ... he was a good friend of mine, and we shared some fun times. But whenever this 'Marcus' appears in my dreams it is not as the figure from high school, but rather the representation of a more balanced, open, and unblocked version of 'me'. It is a point that I can move towards.

2) take the necessary time for analysis

most people are woken by an alarm clock, and then rush into the process of preparing to go to work. In my experience, I need at least 30-40 minutes to make mental note of the details of the dream as soon as I return to conscious awareness, and then immediately start analysing. What was the emotional 'feeling' of the dream? is the dream a response to some query or seeking from the previous day?

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. You must realize that we are over-generalizing in order to answer your queries as there are several sorts of dreams.

However, in general, it may be noted that it is only for a trained and disciplined observer to have reasonably good recall of the dreaming. This faculty may be learned by virtue of a discipline of the recording immediately upon awakening of each and every detail which can be recalled.

This training sharpens one’s ability to recall the dream.

The most common perception of a mind/body/spirit complex of its dreams is muddied, muddled, and quickly lost.

even though, for the most part, the dream is a very accurate communications, once the conscious mind becomes active (I wake up), then the distorting and muddying comes into play. Our mind starts thinking about other things, gets distracted, etc.

if you want to utilise your dreams to the utmost, a certain amount of devotion and care must be invested. It is the absolute First Thing and Priority upon returning to this plane of consciousness; pay note, and work with my dreams.

85.19 "The so-called dreaming contains a great deal which, if made available to the conscious mind and used, shall aid it in polarization to a great extent."

- -

I don't use a dream journal as such. Each day's dreams (for me) offer the most relevant counsel and teaching from my significant self for the coming day.

I have fooled myself (and continue to do so) many times in my life. Even the practice of meditation can be delustory. There is only one place where the lies and self-deception of the conscious mind are laid to rest; and that is in the dream world.

you will get your honest and full-mirror gazing of yourself there. No more lies. No more self-deceit.

You will see yourself most clearly through your dreams.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=d...e&l=30&o=r
I've taken both an active approach and a passive one in my dream-workings. When I am active I will try a lot and get results which is good but these days I like resting and when a dream sticks out to me upon awakening I will write it down immediately. I then take that dream a while later to a meetup group where we share our dreams and every person than answers the dream as such "if it were my dream..." In this group we come together as a social memory complex and literally 'share' each other dreams.

That is my current work in dreams. But dreams are my #1 learning tool. The Law of One was taught to me in my dreams and I actively participate in my dreams by almost always being semi-lucid. The imagery is profound. This is imperative work!
I've been diligently keeping a diary for just about a month now, well, I'll say with 90% diligence. I should dedicate myself more fully to this task. It is difficult because upon waking I usually have 3 beings begging for my attention, so spending nearly an hour processing in every morning sounds daunting, but I should dedicate myself to this a bit more. A couple mornings this past week I've fallen back asleep for an extra hour past what has been my waking time for a short interval, and I've had my most vivid dreams then. I should try to spend more time doing this.
Plenum, do you ever recall dreams later in life and realize that they had meaning for you that you had missed upon immediately having the dream?

I only ask because most guides will instruct you to examine dreams only after a significant amount of time has passed.
GR, I know you addressed plenum, but I have had dreams that didn't apply immediately to me in any way or form, but after a couple months and even a year when I 'randomly' look back and remember/read my dream it will have significant meaning then. My guide is more intuition and flow and whatever I remember, great! And if not, no biggy, cause I'm probably not ready to receive the message yet.

In other words, listen to your intuition and all understanding will come in its time, whether it be immediately or at a later time.
(07-13-2013, 01:13 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]Plenum, do you ever recall dreams later in life and realize that they had meaning for you that you had missed upon immediately having the dream?

I only ask because most guides will instruct you to examine dreams only after a significant amount of time has passed.

heya GR. I think I mentioned this in chat the other day, but yes, there were dreams from my younger days which I can see I didn't make use of. (these were 'running away' type dreams, dreams related to guilt, or thinking I had done something wrong. They repeated over a number of years, but I didn't know what was being communicated, although it is painfully clear now : d)

my understanding of dreams is they are like food; they are a response to a hunger (the conscious mind seeking information on how to rebalance). And like most food, it is best eaten soon after the cooking :d ie on the same day.

it is like a daily visit to an oracle; such is the significance and weight I place on the dream world.

it is one of the few natural means by which the Veil is breached on a regular, consistent, and personal basis.

- -

Quote:83.16 Questioner: What techniques and methods of penetration of the veil were planned and are there any others that have occurred other than those planned?

Ra: I am Ra. There were none planned by the first great experiment. As all experiments, this rested upon the nakedness of hypothesis. The outcome was unknown.

It was discovered, experientially and empirically, that there were as many ways to penetrate the veil as the imagination of mind/body/spirit complexes could provide.

The desire of mind/body/spirit complexes to know that which was unknown drew to them the dreaming and the gradual opening to the seeker of all of the balancing mechanisms leading to adepthood and communication with teach/learners which could pierce this veil.

Quote:86.7 Ra: I am Ra. Dreaming is an activity of communication through the veil of the unconscious mind and the conscious mind. The nature of this activity is wholly dependent upon the situation regarding the energy center blockages, activations, and crystallizations of a given mind/body/spirit complex.

In one who is blocked at two of the three lower energy centers dreaming will be of value in the polarization process in that there will be a repetition of those portions of recent catalyst as well as deeper-held blockages, thereby giving the waking mind clues as to the nature of these blockages and hints as to possible changes in perception which may lead to the unblocking.

Brittany

A lot of my dreams these days are communicated to me in concepts and abstract symbols instead of the usual story format, so for me learning to define concepts through abstract means, and *feel* the dream over intellectual analysis has been helpful. There is a level of understanding that completely transcends words, and I would liken it to a murmuring of the heart. I may not be able to describe the dream or its true meaning in any meaningful sense, but there is an awareness that pulses within each of my molecules that was transmuted into me through the dreaming process.

In other, more linear dreams, there will be certain people or objects that evoke this response. They carry within their symbol a unique and intense emotional charge, and interacting with them is like using some sort of medical/technical device to install different upgrades. Very dense and compacted manifestations of the Deep Mind that have a profound effect when seen for what they are. There is a sweet spot that must be hit and then it's like iron shavings being drawn to a magnet, and the dream takes on a whole second layer of meaning. Learning to identify these teachers has been another important part of dream learning for me. It is a means of knowing myself in a way I never thought possible before.