Bring4th

Full Version: Perception Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will share an interesting experience. As I was driving I became aware of a 'warping' effect to the lower left of my center of vision. I just drove and wondered what it was, coming to think it was 'goop' in my eye, causing a 'fisheye' effect. After some time it annoyed me, and I noticed that it was the exact same effect, in the exact same spot, in either eye! I closed one eye and then the other, and the area in front of me was still warping. It remained consistent with my field of view. So at that point I asked what it was and they said 'ripple'. The device I was using for trance was causing a ripple in reality that I could visually see, sort of like it affected the coding/translation between eye receptors and brain signal.

It was pretty amazing to me when I proved to myself it was not actual 'sight' but a glitch in the signals that the brain was translating. In sessions I have had a couple of people view my devices and describe what they do. The one I was using was described as opening a window to view 'through time and space'. So I think I was reaching a state where this could happen, but I did not have conscious control over what was taking place.

Unbound

Lately in certain meditations, especially in the dark, I have been able to see sound waves moving through the air and emanating from everything. Of course, the dark is an awareness that is full of movement and energy for me nowadays.

Brittany

I was able to see some weird stuff today, but that was probably because I didn't sleep for about 36 hours... :\
(07-13-2013, 04:59 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I will share an interesting experience. As I was driving I became aware of a 'warping' effect to the lower left of my center of vision. I just drove and wondered what it was, coming to think it was 'goop' in my eye, causing a 'fisheye' effect. After some time it annoyed me, and I noticed that it was the exact same effect, in the exact same spot, in either eye! I closed one eye and then the other, and the area in front of me was still warping. It remained consistent with my field of view. So at that point I asked what it was and they said 'ripple'. The device I was using for trance was causing a ripple in reality that I could visually see, sort of like it affected the coding/translation between eye receptors and brain signal.

It was pretty amazing to me when I proved to myself it was not actual 'sight' but a glitch in the signals that the brain was translating. In sessions I have had a couple of people view my devices and describe what they do. The one I was using was described as opening a window to view 'through time and space'. So I think I was reaching a state where this could happen, but I did not have conscious control over what was taking place.

I've seen this warping half-tunnel half-gloopy effect. Once when I took a flight (it was most easily seen when looking out the window of the plane) and some day ago for again no real good reason. I assumed it wasn't extremely important, though.

Your explanation makes fair amount of sense in comparison to what I saw it as, too ^^.