Bring4th

Full Version: Service to Others becomes Self Service?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

michael430

[deleted]

Bat

I feel the same way often. I think you have the right idea to let it go and just live it daily.

Ultimately though to serve another is to serve the self, its two different ways of saying the same thing.
(07-17-2013, 11:11 AM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I have a basic understanding of the paths of Service to Self or Service to Others....I want to follow the "others" way. But as I now understand the concepts, how can I not look at Service to Others as merely a form of Service to Self, since my goal of Service to Others is my being harvested into the 4th "positive" density?

I suppose the answer may be to just forget I am on the path and just remember to live it daily but -

If I complete a "good deed" I cannot help but think unconsciously after the fact (maybe long, long after the fact in some cases): "hey that was a good deed - score one to Service to Others" ... isn't that in itself "selfish" ?

I'm so glad to have found this forum.
Michael

It's about discovering who you are. If at the end of the day, you do things because of how they help you, that's service to self.

Service to others is about vibration, as opposed to pure action. If you're helping others because you want to make some sort of harvest as the primary reason, as opposed to just vibrating the love in your heart, you're not really going to polarize positively.

If you like doing things based on how it ultimately helps you, and you dedicate your life to ultimately doing things that help yourself, and that is who you truly are, that is service to self.

If you like doing things just because that is how you vibrate love, from the heart, to every other self, and that is who you are, that is service to others.

As you approach higher densities, the distinction between the self and others drops away, not based on mere knowledge, but experientially - the illusion of separation drops away, and thus the paths merge.
Your thoughts are natural. The fact that you became conscious of them is the important part. If a person serves others because they feel helping others is more worth their time, rather than pursuing their own illusory interests, then they're in a good place.

Quote:Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and usable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

Quote:The distortion lies in the fact that those who seek to serve the self are seen by the Law of One as precisely the same as those who seek to serve others, for are all not one? To serve yourself and to serve other is a dual method of saying the same thing, if you can understand the essence of the Law of One.

Quote:The Law of One blinks neither at the light or the darkness, but is available for service to others and service to self. However, service to others results in service to self, thus preserving and further harmonizing the distortions of those entities seeking intelligent infinity through these disciplines.

michael430

[deleted]
(07-17-2013, 11:54 AM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you like doing things just because that is how you vibrate love, from the heart, to every other self, and that is who you are, that is service to others.

Thank you very much for this statement - this is how the "good deeds" I mentioned manifest in my mind at first. I guess my question more specifically refers to the much later thoughts I have during contemplation - like mental pats on the back to myself.

From a young age I have always felt a warmth or good vibe upon doing something good for someone else. It is the same feeling I receive upon hearing certain chord progressions in emotionally charged music. It varies in strength, but at its strongest I feel a great energy and physically my hairs stand on end. It's an extremely powerful feeling, but only ever lasts a few seconds.

I can't stop mentally "rewarding" myself for achieving this state of feeling. Like somewhere in my mind I say - "This is God. Congrats on finding Him!"

Perhaps then I'm not yet....for lack of better understanding - completely polarized - in one way or another.

I wouldn't worry too much about the thoughts after the fact. The mind's thoughts will fall in line if you are sincere. The thoughts of the mind aren't you after all, you are the silent observer in the background. Meditation helps with experiencing the reality of this.

michael430

[deleted].
(07-17-2013, 11:11 AM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello - I've just discovered the Ra Material and it has opened my eyes a great deal in my spiritual journey. I've only finished the first volume and plan to tear through the rest just as quickly.

A question I have (perhaps it is answered later on in the material, so forgive me if so) :

Now that I have a basic understanding of the paths of Service to Self or Service to Others....I want to follow the "others" way. But as I now understand the concepts, how can I not look at Service to Others as merely a form of Service to Self, since my goal of Service to Others is my being harvested into the 4th "positive" density?

Keep in mind, you are an "other" too. The positive polarity serves the "all-self" or the "macrocosmic self". You are included in that. It doesn't mean you have to forgo wanting for self. Not having desires for self is, in general, not the property of this density. But do you want for others what you want for self? That will tell you if you are oriented towards STO or STS.

The negative polarity seeks to exalt the microcosmic self (the ego) above other selves. The negative polarity loves power. The positive polarity seeks the power of love. The love of power is the love of control. The power of love is acceptance of others as equal aspects of the creator.

(07-17-2013, 11:11 AM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose the answer may be to just forget I am on the path and just remember to live it daily but -

If I complete a "good deed" I cannot help but think unconsciously after the fact (maybe long, long after the fact in some cases): "hey that was a good deed - score one to Service to Others" ... isn't that in itself "selfish" ?

If the deed genuinely reduced suffering and/or increased love and harmony does it matter? If your actions were not manipulative of others, then they were actions that respected their free will. Only love respects free will.

michael430

[deleted]
Any promotion of consciousness with an orientation which recognizes other self (i.e. golden rule) as self is necessarily serving self, but not polaring negatively.
The self is served because society is the same as the individual in society which is evident if you consider their total, mutual dependency. Any aspect of any other self which is advanced as the result of service is available to self in the form of new opportunity, because otherself now uniquely expresses that service in some form and manner. That new expression is extant together with all other expressions of being available in the experiential nexus.

michael430

[deleted]
Being available to inform our intelligence.