Bring4th

Full Version: Alcohol Consumption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of curiosity does alcohol consumption lower your vibration? In a drinking society such as Britain I drink fairly often but only beer or lager. I never drink excessively but am curious to it's effects beyond the physical body.
A little alcohol is good for cholesterol I hear. I thought vibration was about following your highest joy. If you are emotionally happy and joyful, you have a high vibration.
(07-17-2013, 04:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]A little alcohol is good for cholesterol I hear. I thought vibration was about following your highest joy. If you are emotionally happy and joyful, you have a high vibration.

So your vibration is defined by your reaction to your surroundings? ie being joyful, loving and seeing the oneness in everyday life?
I tried it once. It messed with my awareness and distorted it. I like being awake and lucid. I doubt it'll 'lower' a vibration but it can definitely impair someone from raising it.
I drink wine for only the taste. I hate it what it does to my mind... but the taste is worth the cost.
(07-17-2013, 04:11 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity does alcohol consumption lower your vibration?

Not mine. On contrary, it stops my dizziness, and most of the times opens up my heart in a positive way, which then springboards to higher rays.

BUT - it is NOT the way. I want this state of opened heart, and activation of higher energy centers, on a stable and conscious way. So, it is easy to over-consume this ambrosia for some people, like me, cause life gets "magical" then.

Understanding the self, and getting to know the self, no matter the distortions though, is one step in the direction towards this "magic".
(07-17-2013, 04:11 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity does alcohol consumption lower your vibration? In a drinking society such as Britain I drink fairly often but only beer or lager. I never drink excessively but am curious to it's effects beyond the physical body.

I went to the grand opening of the Blue Stallion Brewery in Lexington last night and I certainly feel like I'm vibrating at a lower level this morning Sad
^^Yeah. The body is a feedback system. Its response will tell you whether or not it's healthy. Let's see..puking, dehydration, memory loss, alcohol poisoning, brain damage, liver damage, central nervous system damage, death etc.
Greatly reduces the power of your Root*... Attempting to draw up new energies becomes hopelessly difficult for 1-2 weeks post-intoxication. Alcohol is a no-no imo. Ever since I got started meditating I stopped drinking(around 1 year ago)
It makes me sick, personally, though I used to drink a lot. I think Tanner drinks and his vibrations seem to be at a fairly high state. Tongue It's all about your frame of mind. Do you think alcohol lowers vibrations? Then it will. Do you think it raises your vibrations? Then it will.

If it raises them, as Ankh said, it's more of a crutch. Learning how to get to that higher state of being without the substance is important. It's what I have to learn with pot. I just read recently (I believe it was here) about how drugs/alcohol offer a numbing that allows you to move energy through the chakras while ignoring some imbalances, as a car speeding along ignoring road signs. A viable short cut, but dangerous to operate from that level always.

Just my thoughts. If you like booze, don't eliminate it just because you think it's best for your spiritual development. Use the catalyst until it just naturally falls away. We aren't here to live as ascetics. Tongue
(07-18-2013, 10:07 AM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about your frame of mind. Do you think alcohol lowers vibrations? Then it will. Do you think it raises your vibrations? Then it will.

Is this perspective a reality? The body is a system of cause and effect. What you're saying is no different than if I were to say "Eating only french fries all day every day is healthy because I say so." Your body might give you a different opinion regardless of your perceptions on french fries.

People think it raises their vibrations because it is releasing dopamine. Crystal meth also releases dopamine. Should we encourage smoking meth?
No, I don't disagree that alcohol and french fries are a poison, but not everybody's body reacts that way. If you eat french fries all day and still function at a level you consider adequate, then what's the problem?

I think all perspectives are reality. BigSmile

I'll keep looking for the Ra quote I was referencing for my opinion, something about entities who "torture" themselves with drugs and alcohol for their art being completely right in their pursuit of intelligent infinity through these means, because of their dedication to that frame of mind.
I agree by the way that people shouldn't repress desires and work with catalyst directly. One could put forth the argument that dopamine release is the chemical corollary of some sort of raise in vibration, which would be questionable, but in the long-term it damages the body. Should higher vibrations damage the body? The body offers an objective response regardless of our subjective notions of things. It's consciousness and will provide feedback in the same manner that negative interaction with others will produce such and such catalyst.

If you can find me someone that can eat french fries all day and stay healthy, I'll change my mind Tongue But I hate to break it to you, I don't think that's going to happen!
I think you are entirely correct my friend, but we should consider this without hyperbole. For most souls, of course consuming nothing but french fries would be detrimental, just as consuming alcohol all day every day would be damaging. The occasional fries or social inebriation, however, I think is less detrimental, and it's even proven that things like wine in moderation are good for the body, stress levels, etc.

Every time we ride in a car, we are consuming poison. Does this mean it lowers our vibrations and should be avoided in its entirety?
As long as we're talking a drink or two, I'm not going to disagree as much. I personally would like to cut it out of my diet altogether, as I've become sensitive to the stuff.

With the car question, I'd say there are apparently more harmonious solutions made available to those who are more disciplined with their mind, body, and spirit. I wonder if there are drunken ET's piloting free energy space ships between dimensions Tongue
My body is weird when it comes to alcohol. I stated in another thread that I get reactions when I just sit at home and drink by myself but I've noticed lately that if it's a social environment, I'm totally fine. Take last night for instance, I went to a Dave Matthews Band concert where I drank a few beers plus smoked some weed and I was fine. Well until my anxiety perked up from being packed so tightly but once I got that under control, I was fine. This was the first concert I had been to in at least 6 years so the effect from the crowd was amazing! The energy that I felt when seeing through my awakened eyes was utterly surreal.
I haven't drank but a handful of times in the past 5 years, and it makes me extremely ill. I found what was most difficult was mourning the social interaction.

I'm also vegan and use baking soda and vinegar in place of 90% of household products, trying to avoid extraneous poisons. So don't get me wrong, I agree with you entirely, Icaro, I just try to err on the side of not telling others how catalyst should affect them. It is a thought-provoking discussion, however.
I just had to share:

[Image: 1001075_668755013139518_2113586419_n.jpg]

BigSmile
Oh and the one positive effect alcohol has is it gets my creative juices going when it comes to writing. I'll just be sitting, jamming to some music and a thought will enter my mind. I stop the music and just start writing. Most of it was pre awakening and a little dark at times due to the influx of unbeknownst catalysts at the time but I just read some of them yesterday and wow I can literally see myself slowly taking this direction towards awakening.
I used to drink a ton but now I just cant do it, 1 beer makes me sleepy, 2 beers gives me a killer headache and a hangover which seems to last for days, anything more makes it worse. I also find it near impossible to meditate for some time afterwards. It's unfortunate because when I spend time with friends or family they only really know how to socialize with alcohol so we usually end up going to bars and people will buy me drinks without me even asking for/wanting one or will give me a funny look if I refuse and get me something anyway. This has led to me becoming somewhat of a hermit unfortunately.
(07-18-2013, 12:11 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I used to drink a ton but now I just cant do it, 1 beer makes me sleepy, 2 beers gives me a killer headache and a hangover which seems to last for days, anything more makes it worse. I also find it near impossible to meditate for some time afterwards. It's unfortunate because when I spend time with friends or family they only really know how to socialize with alcohol so we usually end up going to bars and people will buy me drinks without me even asking for/wanting one or will give me a funny look if I refuse and get me something anyway. This has led to me becoming somewhat of a hermit unfortunately.

Yea that's one of the reasons why I don't have any friends to hang out with. I don't mind drinking every now and then but that's the only way it seems people in their 20's and 30's know how to have fun anymore.
(07-18-2013, 10:07 AM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]It makes me sick, personally, though I used to drink a lot. I think Tanner drinks and his vibrations seem to be at a fairly high state. Tongue It's all about your frame of mind. Do you think alcohol lowers vibrations? Then it will. Do you think it raises your vibrations? Then it will.

If it raises them, as Ankh said, it's more of a crutch. Learning how to get to that higher state of being without the substance is important. It's what I have to learn with pot. I just read recently (I believe it was here) about how drugs/alcohol offer a numbing that allows you to move energy through the chakras while ignoring some imbalances, as a car speeding along ignoring road signs. A viable short cut, but dangerous to operate from that level always.

Just my thoughts. If you like booze, don't eliminate it just because you think it's best for your spiritual development. Use the catalyst until it just naturally falls away. We aren't here to live as ascetics. Tongue

I'd like to thank everyone for the opinions on this subject matter. As always i believe it is subjective to the person but I was concerned whether i was needlessly causing myself problems by drinking. My girlfreind no longer drinks or eats meat and i know there will be a time in my life when i will do the same. Until then i'm off to the pub for a chinwag ! Tongue

Bat

I would say i am quite a heavy drinker. Its all about balance, if you can balance it, there's not a problem at all.
However if you can't balance it bad things tend to happen haha.
(07-18-2013, 11:54 AM)Guenivere Wrote: [ -> ]So don't get me wrong, I agree with you entirely, Icaro, I just try to err on the side of not telling others how catalyst should affect them. It is a thought-provoking discussion, however.

I'm not sure that's what I'm doing, just attempting to discuss the body rationally since the effects of what we put in our bodies can be discussed in more of an objective manner, and the fact that many of us are ready for initiation of the body. We should be able to be outspoken in the same way that we may have opinions on mind and spirit. I get what you're saying though.
(07-18-2013, 12:17 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2013, 12:11 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I used to drink a ton but now I just cant do it, 1 beer makes me sleepy, 2 beers gives me a killer headache and a hangover which seems to last for days, anything more makes it worse. I also find it near impossible to meditate for some time afterwards. It's unfortunate because when I spend time with friends or family they only really know how to socialize with alcohol so we usually end up going to bars and people will buy me drinks without me even asking for/wanting one or will give me a funny look if I refuse and get me something anyway. This has led to me becoming somewhat of a hermit unfortunately.

Yea that's one of the reasons why I don't have any friends to hang out with. I don't mind drinking every now and then but that's the only way it seems people in their 20's and 30's know how to have fun anymore.

Haha the same thing happened to me. Once I basically cut down to maybe one or two drinks a month, most of my friends, who were drinking buddies, fell off the radar.

Moderate drinking may affect your chakras while under the influence, and heavy drinking definitely does. The Greeks used to consume crushed amethyst crystal as a hangover remedy, and seems to support the prior theory.

But as Ra says, I think it's not healthy to suppress a desire. At some point, it'll feel natural to drink less, as it did for me. The best way to describe the reason I don't drink is that though alcohol makes me feel good, I actually feel better sober. It's as if I can feel the peace and joy in each and every moment, and I wasn't able to do that before. Moderate drinking cuts off that flow, so I just stopped having more than 1-2 drinks on any given occasion.

In any case, if you're not getting wasted every weekend, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
(07-18-2013, 10:59 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]The best way to describe the reason I don't drink is that though alcohol makes me feel good, I actually feel better sober.

That's a great way of putting it..I agree.
(07-17-2013, 04:11 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity does alcohol consumption lower your vibration? In a drinking society such as Britain I drink fairly often but only beer or lager. I never drink excessively but am curious to it's effects beyond the physical body.
Body supports mind which supports spirit. That is, spirit is able to be actualized through a mind which is "balanced", irrespective of chemical composition of body. Generally speaking, if alcohol leads to a balance which increases vibration it is only doing so in a transient manner due to a condition where what is being offset by drinking was leading to some relative imbalance.