Bring4th

Full Version: spiritual burnout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the User Cyclops did some excellent compilations of Q'uo material during his time here. They are definitely worth reading and revisiting.

here is a collection of thoughts on the topic of 'spiritual burnout' ... or as I like to see it, trying to change too quickly, and in the process, not being able to continue assimilating the new data.

everything BELOW is the handiwork of Mr 'clops.

namaste brother.

(04-20-2010, 03:28 PM)Cyclops Wrote: [ -> ]orig post

- -

First here is a whole session titled "SPIRITUAL BURNOUT"
http://www.llresearch.org/newsletters/is...993_4.aspx

Now there are many confederation sessions on the nature of what you ask if I do observe this correctly..

First it is conveyed that the conscious spiritual seeker will indeed be speeding up and will feel the effects of fatigue way more then a day to day unawakened being.
Q'uo Sunday Meditation October 15, 2000
Quote:Consequently, you can drive yourself crazy trying to think about how you think which is usually a bootless [1] inquiry. Or you can shake off the dull fatigue of trying to figure out that which cannot be figured out and determine that which is the next thing that feels right for you to do. For beyond all of the thoughts about living a life in truth, each moment there is a situation where there is an awareness that is caught in the flesh and we also are caught into a certain type of flesh and are embodied and have personalities. We are the limitless caught into limit. We are living paradoxes. We are not linear beings. We will often not make sense, and the angst and anxieties that come to those who are beginning to seek spiritually will always be vastly more deeply felt and more uncomfortable than those difficulties experienced by those not attempting to accelerate the pace of their evolution but are simply attempting to live through the day.

Latwii Sunday Meditation April 19, 1987
Quote:The burden of free will for each seeker within your illusion is heavier for those who seek consciously. The further one travels upon the path of self-knowledge, the greater one feels the awareness that one is conscious, that one has feelings and that there is that great mystery and unknown which is called your future that lies before one and which will be formed by one’s own choices. It is difficult, we understand, for any seeker of truth to look upon any portion of the life experience as being indeed but a portion, as being that which shall at a certain time become transformed and be another experience. It is as though one were attempting your physical exercise, attempting to push the limits of the physical vehicle further, and in this pushing, one reaches the point at which it seems there can be no further repetition of the exercise without failure and collapse.

Just so are many experiences of the mental, emotional and spiritual nature as well. Each entity decides for itself, either before the incarnation or during the incarnation, that it wishes to undertake to learn certain lessons that may be manifested in such and such a fashion. The means of the manifestation may frequently be secondary to the lesson itself, and as the lesson is carried out within the incarnational experience, it is oftentimes felt by the seeker that no more can this experience continue without fatigue and failure and the desire to escape this particular set of circumstances.

We counsel for all such entities in this situation the lightness of touch and breadth of viewing which you may call the sense of perspective or humor that will allow one to experience the seeming retrograde moments of experience without undue distress, for it is true for each seeker that many are the steps of the path and many are the pieces of the puzzle, and each shall eventually fall into place as each is meant to fall.

The question then is, how shall the seeker prepare the self in the attitude, to witness and experience each placing of the foot upon the path and each piece of the puzzle in its place? It is, as you have noted, frequently possible to push the envelope, shall we say, and attempt to force a certain set of circumstances to take root within the life pattern. Oftentimes much may be learned by such forcing. This may be in addition to that which was first intended and may in some cases merely delay the original intention. However, those choices which have been made by your own will previous to the incarnation carry a weight which shall eventually be felt in the manner which is desired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the nature of cycles of spiritual seeking which one experiences.
Q'uo Saturday Meditation, May 24, 2008
Quote:The cycles of which we speak are several. The first is the cycle of the beginner on the path and then the more experienced entity on the path. This cycles in an unpredictable and quite slow way, for it is not known when that first rush of excitement shall fade away, once the seeker has awakened and started on the path of his spiritual evolution.

The initial flush of excitement and that wonderful feeling that you have a treasure of great value may last years, or it may last months, or it may last weeks. Inevitably, however, the honeymoon between yourself and the infinite possibilities of seeking the Creator fade and it begins to be possible simply to give lip service to those ideals which have previously moved you almost to tears.

It is as though at times your energy body were [a stream] rushing forward and, at other times, a dry bed. You look at that place where the torrent flew and frothed above all. And, below the place where all that water flowed, it is dry and cracked, and you are in a season of drought within your own spiritual process.

The seeker who wishes to win the self over has one great resource during those dry times within and that is his will. The will of an entity who knows that he is powerful can overcome any resistance within the self, and that faculty of will is fed by memory; the memory of those times when the self was lifted up and things were very clear.

There are times in every seeker’s life when the Creator is close and the connection is sweet and pure and strong. In dry times it is extremely helpful for the spiritual seeker to remember those times of torrential inundations of the love and the light of the one infinite Creator.

It is as though your will were a candle that you keep burning day and night. Sometimes it is not needed because the world is full of sunlight. During the dark night of the soul, however, there is only the candle of your will. Feel that steel core within you of will and focus and let it blaze as the candle in good seasons and in poor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cramming and trying to move too fast.
Hatonn Sunday Meditation May 16, 1982
Quote:As we have said before, more and more of your peoples are beginning their search, beginning to feel that urge to know the love and the light, as conditions in which you now live begin to intensify, various lessons that each needs to experience as what you refer to as time begins to wind down. Your peoples are beginning to feel what many of them say is an urgency of need to quickly learn all, but we ask you to not rush, not grab and try to cram as if you were studying for one of your school tests. The awareness that you seek is something that develops slowly, but not always evenly. To begin to experience, to feel, you need to stop rushing and begin to take time to sit in quiet meditation, allow yourself to open, to begin to slowly expose your being to the light, to the love. This awareness may at times seem to come in the flash of a moment, but it is never a flash, it is built slowly. We do not simply request that! Though time as you know it may be winding down, you need not rush. Slow down, my friends, allow yourself to experience. Allow yourself to flow. It is not necessary to push or grab.

We would at this time pause for a moment to allow our brothers and sisters of Laitos to pass among you, and allow each the request to feel their conditioning vibrations. You would then resume through another instrument.

(Pause)

(L channeling)

I am Hatonn. I am now with this instrument, and I greet you again, my brothers and sisters, in the love and the light of the infinite Creator. My friends, in your race there is often a tendency to avoid the responsibility for one’s own actions or lack of actions. It is frequently heard that an individual or a group is blessed. Those making the statement, not realizing that what they regard as blessings, distributed, perhaps, randomly by some external entity, are in reality the result of the individuals and their efforts. My friends, it may be said in the same manner that many in this group are blessed, in that their efforts find fulfillment, and, because as accomplishments on the spiritual plane are reflected on the physical plane, the fulfillments themselves are readily reflected and quite noticeable to those about them.

My friends, your desires are strong, as are your wills, and this is good. However, do not concern yourselves with the accomplishment of a certain level of attainment, for it is not in this manner that the spirit progresses. In the situation within which you exist, the choice is soon to be upon you which will determine the characteristics of your next incarnation, for the time remaining for your race is relatively brief. It is tempting when faced with this situation to attempt a frenzied effort in the manner referred to by your people as cramming, as if you are aware that the final examination is soon to be undertaken, and desire not to be found wanting.

My friends, this is not the path to development. Do not be frightened by the future. But, also do not be sustained in your efforts by something akin to fear, for this also is a stony ground upon which to attempt growth. Rather, my friends, accept that your drive for attainment, that your will to progress, that your striving to learn will sustain you, will nurture you in whatever incarnation is destined to be yours, and accept joyfully that that life which follows this life will be that which is most fit for your path of learning. Do not let the final examination be your goal, my friends, but rather let the final attainment be your goal.

On the nature of burnout and a helpful way to lighten oneself.
Q'uo Sunday Meditation April 21, 1995
Quote:We ask that you encourage your own faith and your own spirit of strength and joy and that you remain transparent to a destiny which is full of the grace of perfect rhythm. And if you feel, now and again, that you are moving too fast or that you are moving in the wrong direction, stop, take a deep, deep breath and say to yourself, “There are no mistakes. My lessons will come no matter what I do. My service will come no matter what I do.” Say it and know it, and then let your hearts be merry and full of praise and thanksgiving, and let your arms reach out to the pilgrims that come your way upon this highway of love.

Hatonn Intensive Meditation January 31, 1989
Quote:There are the moments of mental, physical and emotional and, perhaps, even spiritual fatigue that occur as a natural portion of each entity’s cycle of being, the rhythm of the pulse of life as it moves through each entity. These moments are also filled with the more enhanced catalyst, so that the ability to respond in the desired manner may be reduced from time to time, and it is during those times of seeming regression or moving backwards from the ideal that the instrument will be tested, shall we say, by its own desire to match its life pattern with the ideals which it has set for itself.

Q'uo Special Meditation January 12, 2004
Quote:This instrument has often said, “Take it easy or you’ll burn out.” Now, there are two schools of thought on this and in truth we would, for the most part, agree with this instrument. Although there are nuances that this instrument has not yet grasped concerning real balance; the impulses to balance purity with laughter, and intensity with lightness, are good instincts. The choices are the same as, say, the choice of whether to live on the edge physically. If an entity wants to live hard and die young and burn the candle at both ends doing so, it is seen as a self-indulgent thing and if the entity does die because of taking risks, it is seen as a foolish incarnation brought to an end before its time because of poor judgment. On the other hand, when an entity moves into the spiritual realm and attempts to live hard and make great progress and burn the candle at both ends in the attempt to go further, know more, be more aware, the entity is inviting the same kind of early death in that the spiritual burnout, as this instrument would call it, is quick to appear when the entity has run through its own energy.

There is, shall we say, a tremendous amount of help available to the entity who releases its own effort after it has been made and rests in the fellowship of guidance, Godhead and the creation. The drive to intensity is in part based upon a perception that one is going it alone. Yet indeed there is never a solitude when it comes to spiritual evolution, for you dwell within a family of those seen and those unseen, in the inner planes and in those environments which were yours before coming to the planet you call Earth.

Last but not least I am not going to post more sessions but know that although you might be awakened and that you are trying to fathom the mystery of everything you can not possibly and will not achieve any type of knowing in third density. This has been stated many times over and if you wish the sessions I will provide them. Even the upper density beings do not know where the spiral ends because they are still in creation. Most of the infinite one creator is unmanifest and unpotentiated and ever evolving beyond any knowing and truth, for to have an end is to be finite.

- - end of the 'clops
Hi Plenum,

I must thank you for bringing up threads that affect me deeply. Yes, I am suffering from spiritual burnout. I just read the Quo materials and found the information comforting. I will re-read it again later this morning. Thanks again.
Quote:There is, shall we say, a tremendous amount of help available to the entity who releases its own effort after it has been made and rests in the fellowship of guidance, Godhead and the creation. The drive to intensity is in part based upon a perception that one is going it alone. Yet indeed there is never a solitude when it comes to spiritual evolution, for you dwell within a family of those seen and those unseen, in the inner planes and in those environments which were yours before coming to the planet you call Earth.

Could you speak further on this? Or perhaps find sessions related to it? Quo is obviously sharing their preferred method of spiritual growth/manifestation of growth.

Also:

Quote:In the situation within which you exist, the choice is soon to be upon you which will determine the characteristics of your next incarnation, for the time remaining for your race is relatively brief.

Did Hatonn let this slip? I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this specific quote.
(07-18-2013, 07:33 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In the situation within which you exist, the choice is soon to be upon you which will determine the characteristics of your next incarnation, for the time remaining for your race is relatively brief.

Did Hatonn let this slip? I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this specific quote.

When I read the phrase "for the time remaining for your race is relatively brief", my thoughts is that everyone has a relatively brief time left before death, when Harvest will take place and everyone will have to make the decision for the next incarnation.

Would also like to hear what others here think.
Striking the perfect chord as always, plenum! Much love!

Quote:There is, shall we say, a tremendous amount of help available to the entity who releases its own effort after it has been made and rests in the fellowship of guidance, Godhead and the creation. The drive to intensity is in part based upon a perception that one is going it alone. Yet indeed there is never a solitude when it comes to spiritual evolution, for you dwell within a family of those seen and those unseen, in the inner planes and in those environments which were yours before coming to the planet you call Earth.

Could you speak further on this? Or perhaps find sessions related to it? Quo is obviously sharing their preferred method of spiritual growth/manifestation of growth.

What I took from it was trust in the Law of Attraction, and trust that when we are trying to achieve goals in the spirit of light and love that others here on Earth and in the other realms will notice our light and be at our aid. Sometimes those that get singularly focused take a solitary path and think they only have themselves to rely upon as the Creator, forgetting the outward manifestation of support that other-selves can offer, especially when spirits are low.

Quote:Also:

I took that one as, to enjoy your time on Earth as an Earthling, and to not so much focus on pushing the limits of existence on this plane, but to merely focus on doing as much service as possible in the unique ways afforded here.
QUO Wrote:There is, shall we say, a tremendous amount of help available to the entity who releases its own effort after it has been made and rests in the fellowship of guidance, Godhead and the creation.

The drive to intensity is in part based upon a perception that one is going it alone.

Yet indeed there is never a solitude when it comes to spiritual evolution, for you dwell within a family of those seen and those unseen, in the inner planes and in those environments which were yours before coming to the planet you call Earth.

umm, not sure what else I can add GR.

all I can say is that one does not incarnate alone (even as a Wanderer), and so our soul group is around us in the form of friends and family ... most of the relationships we have are not haphazard, but are connections to those who we knew from the 'other side'. So we do not journey alone, even in the physical sense.

as to those 'unseen', I can say that you attract help to you as you continue the seeking. Ra offered this:

Quote:69.5 The uniqueness of this situation is not the lack of friends, for this, as all entities, has its guides or angelic presences and, due to polarization, teachers and friends also.

these 'unseen forces' assist us with gut feelings, prompts, and just general guidance, even if we don't hear it in the form of voices or manifest spirit guides. Our mind does not exist alone, with just physical inputs ... there are constant other inputs available when we are able to quieten the mind, and hear the gentle whispers of our "guides, teachers, friends, and angelic presences".

- -

@Wai @Guen thank you! I'm glad my thoughts and offerings are of some value to you Smile namaste