Bring4th

Full Version: Anybody here make custom mantras?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find it far more efficient and potent than working with sigils. I can feel my upper chakras surge with energy just after setting the intention and forming a mantra. Things are happening instantly energe-wise.

Is anyone here into the practice? Anybody have any mantras they favor, custom or traditional?

Unbound

Vocalized mantras are incredibly powerful. Really, the same principle is in "magic words" or words used to invoke or evoke. Mantras are really an invokation of sorts.

My favorite "common" mantra is Om Mani Padme Hung, which means "the jewel is in the lotus".

Also, I attach or create mantras to every sigil I "bring down" from my higher consciousness as a way to be able to access the energies in multiple ways. Part of my reiki training was about using intonation and mantras.
I came from a charismatic Christian background and we spoke in tongues. I occasionally channel a mantra via speaking in tongues and it really gets my Chakras goin'... Smile

I occasionally ask my HS what they mean and they are usually profound and beyond words.
Something that likes to repeat itself in my head is "I'm moving on. I'm on the right track. I'm moving on the right track and I can't turn back." I guess that's sort of a mantra BigSmile
(07-20-2013, 04:13 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite "common" mantra is Om Mani Padme Hung, which means "the jewel is in the lotus".

It's funny, the first time I heard this mantra was actually in a comic book. There's a DC superhero named Thundermind who uses this mantra to activate his superpowers, which are based on the Buddhist siddhes Tongue

He's kinda like the buddhist superman haha
so mantras are supposed to be vocalized?

Unbound

They don't have to be, but it is an incredibly power way to use them. Partly because the actual sound vibration is a blue ray expression and resonates with the environment and partly because it relates to that esoteric idea that there is always something listening. I think the vocalization is a naturally easier way to express the will. Mantras are really a way of relating to and interacting with oneself and the environment. There are both positive and negative mantras.

I like to intone mantras because the vibration combined with the use of breath is very effective for balancing one's field.
I'll definitely have to try that then. I generally will say inside my head something like Heal the mind, heal the body, heal the spirit or something as simply as peace, be still to quiet my mind so I look forward to seeing how actually vocalizing such thoughts work
Interesting thread, Adonai.

I can't say I've ever created a mantra but now that you bring the topic up, I realize there are some specific mantras I resonate with, usually coming from the vedic traditions. I love the sound of them as well as the sweetness they carry.

Om Namah Shivaya - This would be the first mantra I ever read about and meditated with. I still feel a lot of reverence whenever I see/hear these words.
Hare Krishna - Love, love, love to sing it. Examples here and here.

---

Thank you Tanner for sharing the bit of information about the blue ray. I had a question which came to mind in this regard last night and it seems the answer flowed to me through you. Smile

Brittany

Two of my favorite homemade mantras:

I do not fear life. Where there is despair, I am joy.
Unlock the first gate.

I do not fear power. Where there is temptation, I am discernment.
Unlock the second gate.

I do not fear leadership. Where there is scrutiny, I am transparent.
Unlock the third gate.

I do not fear the heart. Where there is pain, I am forgiveness.
Unlock the fourth gate.

I do not fear the tongue. Where there is deception, I am truth.
Unlock the fifth gate.

I do not fear the mind. Where there is confusion, I am wisdom.
Unlock the sixth gate.

I do not fear the Divine Spirit. What is without is within. I AM that I AM that I AM.
Unlock the seventh gate.

The gates are unlocked. The seal is broken.

Know what you want and you shall have it.
Know what you fear and you shall surpass it.
Know your potential and you shall manifest it.
Know thy Self, and the keys are yours.
(07-20-2013, 12:22 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]so mantras are supposed to be vocalized?

I have found that any mental attempt at manifestation has more strength when vocalized. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it is the 'vibration' of the chord moreso than the 'wave' of the thought.

The intensity of power received from the Archangels is stronger when their names are spoken and pronounced correctly.

I found my shielding energized with more power when the keyword was spoken rather than thought.

Maybe the power of our projection is added to when we use each channel of projection. So there is thinking/intent, saying, seeing, and maybe 'feeling'?
I wish I wasn't so self-conscious about vocalizing/had a private space.
I do not have any custom made mantras but here are the two mantras that have worked for me.

Lord Avalokitesvara's Om Mani Padme Hum (Buddhism):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgHZWwyhcQ

This mantra can be heard all over the Far East, especially in Buddhist temples in China, Tibet, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore. I have also heard this mantra in San Francisco's and New York's Chinatown.

Once you start chanting to the tune, it can become quite addictive and difficult to stop or get it out of your head.

Dr Pillai has many mantras based on the Siddhis.

Dr Pillai's Mantra to improve and fix the finances, Shreem Brzee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6XPFRpwJCc
Woah! So some of the old cathedrals and other structures that amplify sound.............may have been designed with manifestation in mind?
Not 'may'. They have been designed with manifestation in mind. Much manifestation of power but there are places designed for manifestation of different kinds. For general manifestation there are a few buildings and places. The only general one I've been to was a location in the mountains where the indiginous population of Sweden (no, vikings were not the first =P) manifested spirit world. I couldn't/wouldn't stay long.

The words 'Ohm Man Si Ras' (or something very close) came to me one day. I repeated them until done and felt... strange. If anyone could help me decipher meaning; I'm grateful.
Greetings everyone, I'd like to share a mantra that has been unfolding over the past couple of days with you all,  and if it happens to resonate with any of you, maybe we could look to exploring it together in more depth, or at least I could share some more understandings as  they unfold with me, either here or another thread if that turns out to be more suitable.

The mantra is

Om Svarnaprabha Om

Svarnaprabha meaning 'Golden-Light' and Om I'm sure all are familiar, plus I've also been including Namaste as well, either at the end of Om or sometimes the end of the practice itself, but whatever feels right for you.

Namaste