Bring4th

Full Version: Letting go of people in your life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have anyone of you had a "best friend" that you had to let go of?

This is more of a rant, but I made the "mistake" of dating my best friend of 7 years and it got ugly a few days ago when we split. I told her to F--- off and don't talk to me again. We've had similar problems in the past before we actually dated, but this escalated. We only lasted 3 months. I don't even know if I loved her like that now because I certainly didn't feel it in the relationship (which if why I left), though I told her I loved her. I really didn't even enjoy the sex either, half the time I couldn't even "go".

Our friendship was primarily drug based since we'd smoke weed about 98% of the time we hung out and she's a slob and her kids are messy which always was a turn off. My drug of choice was weed, but she had a long history of drug abuse like weed, the fake weed, coke, crack, alcohol, pills, so this should've been a warning sign. A few weeks into the relationship, she admitted to me that she was snorting percocets because she has some mysterious undiagnosed stomach problem caused by her gall bladder being removed, and I'm like "OMG!!". I was PISSED for awhile about that and warned her it will screw her up, and lo and behold a month passed and she almost passed out and she stopped doing them since they weren't even working due to the tolerance she built. She is also on psychiatric mediation and claims she's depressed and needs them.

My main problem with her was her sexual acceptance. She's a very sexually charged female, and she thinks it was because she was molested as a child. For all I know, I too could've been molested since I whack it like a mofo, pardon my French. But my argument was "at least its my hand and not with another person! at least it's being relieved this way!". It's this damn society and TV shows which implement the idea to kids that sex while young is good and have as many partners as you like and live it up. Christ, her daughter was 13 when she started having sex, although she severely disciplined her for it. Whenever she would break up with a b/f, there was always someone else lined up to screw and I ALWAYS felt uncomfortable about that. Yes she can be faithful while in an OFFICIAL relationship (so I think), but if not, it's I'll screw whomever I want whenever I want.

All in all, I have no idea why I was even friends with her since I disapprove of people like her. She's probably screwing someone right now as I write this!

She always criticized me for being too judgmental and never living in the moment, and I agree because a lot of my judgmental side stems from my old fundamental Christian beliefs. She'd always get mad at me for talking about God and spiritual matters and that hurt me a lot.

I admit I have "accepting" issues and I get jealous. But I think you can only accept so much. Maybe I was just jealous since she's more accepting than me, but she's in desperate need of wisdom. She's too loving, too sexual, and too much in the moment. I'm sorry, but I don't need drugs (legal or illegal) and sex with people who don't even give a crap about her to cope with pain in life and I was uncomfortable with her texting and talking to her guy friends, which were mostly all ex b/f's she met on dating sites.

I just feel she's a bad influence on me now and I don't want her in my life anymore, while many of you will say "she's teaching you acceptance", I just have such a hard time believing it. I mean, I don't think anyone of you would date a crackhead to learn acceptance of them....at least I hope you wouldn't. lol.

It puts me in a position where I literally have no friends now, except my family which I rarely talk to because I can't relate to them, and you know what?? So be it!! I'd rather have no friends at all than crappy ones.

Men on this forum...this I have learned....
- NEVER DATE YOUR BEST FEMALE FRIEND
- NEVER DATE A WOMAN ON PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATION
- NEVER DATE A WOMAN WITH A HISTORY OF DRUG ABUSE
- NEVER DATE A WOMAN WHO HAS KIDS IF YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS
- NEVER DATE A WOMAN WHO HAS NO INTEREST IN SPIRITUAL/INTELLECTUAL THINGS
Quote:Have anyone of you had a "best friend" that you had to let go of?

I had a girl in high school that I was in love with and I was her best friend. She would flirt with every guy around me and when we finally started dating was extremely manipulative and hurtful to be in a relationship with. I never wanted to let her go, but eventually I knew I had to. I did and then I went through hell getting over her for two months. I lost a bunch of friends when we broke up. But a little while later I started getting close with my other friend who is now my wife. Smile

Letting go can be so hard but sometimes the lesson is acceptance of letting go of what can't or shouldn't ever be.

Much love, brother.
Drugs skew your vision. If you knew all of these things were not aligned with you, then you must have dated her to prove to yourself she was not right for you. No sense in getting angry at proving yourself right.
Oh if all the times we prove ourselves right in that others are so evil and out to get us we'd only prove to ourselve that we need our negative polarity to be a bit deeper before we recognize the unity of all. Oh wait, thats exactly what we get.

Brittany

<redacted>