Bring4th

Full Version: what do you think about when you meditate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the last week of so, I've gotten back into some deep meditation. Before that, I had been doing my own practice, which is a type of focused contemplation, but which deviates enough from what most people would consider 'meditation' that I hesitate to call it such.

but yeah, I've been returning to something closer to this, the emptying of the mind:

Quote:49.8 The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator.

This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

and even though I am asking about 'what do you think of as you meditate' ... and it should be nothing, as it is an emptying of the mind, I do set the tone of the practice by 'thinking about' the One Infinite Creator, if that is just the one thought present.

one can also increase the attention span and focus during meditation by using an 'image' and to think about that:

Quote:42.15 Questioner: Then the less-sensitized entity should use a… What should he use for the proper energy?

Ra: I am Ra. In the less sensitized individual the choosing of personally inspirational images is appropriate whether this inspiration be the rose which is of perfect beauty, the cross which is of perfect sacrifice, the Buddha which is the All-being in One, or whatever else may inspire the individual.

so yeah, what do you think about during meditation?
Techniques I used to use a lot more, now its more just appreciaing the silence.. ahh an the bliss the follows, well its always there but you know what i mean. ,Pre mediating stretches, then balancing exercies are techniques i mainly stick with now.

Allowing intuition to take hold, techniques will come to me find depending the catalyst and growth you require. I have injured my ankle for past few months, so catalyst for me is more active mediation, while walking travellling to work, whenever i can..
I do two general types of meditations that I try to do everyday.

The first is a willpower and concentration focused movement of energy through my energy centers. Despite using will and concentration, relaxing helps the flow immensely. Typically, but not always, I focus on moving energy from the crown down out through the feet. Sometimes I focus on areas that get gunked up. I do this from 5-15 minutes. I am also able to do a low level version of this outside of meditation, though it does take some concentration.

After that, I stop focus energy and just let the energy go to where it needs to go. Sometimes the energy keeps coming down from the crown. Often, energy will come from the root to the highest energy center it can go to. Often, the energy will flow moderately, energize a particular center, then level off. But after 20-30 minutes of this, I get orgasmic waves of energy that envelope all parts of my body for 10-15 seconds. Might be an energetic presence, I don't know, but the energy is incredible. They seem to come and go every 10 minutes at that point. After 2-3 occurrences of this it feels like I'm full like a battery. I feel good as s*** after this btw.

Sometimes I do a third form of meditation where I enter it with the intent of asking a question, repeating it for a minute, then just go to feeling the energy and not thinking and I usually get some insight within 20-30 minutes.

Throughout, sometimes I think thoughts, but as long as I don't worry about them too much, I usually still feel the energy, and the thoughts go away without any effort on my part. Sometimes my thoughts will go to a dreamstate where I forget who I am and I see and experience dream-like scenes. I've been doing the above mentioned routine every other day for the past 4-5 months. It's definitely interesting.
well I'm working on pacifying my mind. I've read that one should patient with out mind self. I work on the breath, and it has work pretty well.
3 things with 3 different meditations.

First is Anapatasati. This involves focusing all consciousness onto the sensation of breath passing through the nostril.

Second is vipassanasati. This involves focusing all consciousness onto the sensations of the body in an order that is consistent and repeated.

Third is mettapanasati. This involves sending love/light energy outwards.

These are the meditations that the Guatama Buddha taught in their purest form. To learn how to do these meditations go to www.dhamma.org
(07-22-2013, 10:46 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]and even though I am asking about 'what do you think of as you meditate' ... and it should be nothing, as it is an emptying of the mind, I do set the tone of the practice by 'thinking about' the One Infinite Creator, if that is just the one thought present.

If you think about how intelligent infinity is unstrictured consciousness, and how all form is a stricturing, focusing, or "narrowing" of consciousness from the general and intangible to the specific and tangible, then you begin to see how "thinking about the creator" and "ceasing thought" are actually one in the same. The "thought" of the creator, as a concept, is just a springboard to move into that unfocusing from "finiteness" and relaxing into the infinite and formless potential of intelligent infinity, which is your true beingness.

And of course, there are many different types of meditation, with different goals at their hearts. But, like you, in general I focus upon the creator, which, in my way of thinking, is more akin to an unfocusing on all "things" and returning to the pure platform of "beingness" from which all things arise, and all things dissolve back into. It brings me a sense of peace that seems to rejuvenate my mind, body, and spirit and give me the strength to handle the distortions of duality once again.
I usually try to work myself into the thoughtless state but a recurring problem is that as soon as strong visuals suddenly show up with great clarity; I go 'wow!' and poof, I have to start over again.

This is a typical thing which will work itself out eventually with consistent meditation, though.
(07-23-2013, 06:55 AM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]I usually try to work myself into the thoughtless state but a recurring problem is that as soon as strong visuals suddenly show up with great clarity; I go 'wow!' and poof, I have to start over again.

This is a typical thing which will work itself out eventually with consistent meditation, though.

Hah I have the exact problem. As soon as I enter a deeper state by either experiencing visuals or that vertigo feeling where my chakras are balancing themselves, I can't hold it for very long as my mind and body kinda jump and it sends a shock through me kinda like when you catch yourself falling asleep when you weren't meaning to. The difference though is that it happens when I'm not even close to actually falling asleep.
[deleted]
I don't get deep. Usually I'm anxious, but sometimes it feels peaceful. But I do best when I'm sending love/light out, instead of trying to clear my mind. I know the latter would help me to find Creator much better, so I'm a little concerned I can't get that deep in meditation.
(07-23-2013, 06:55 AM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]I usually try to work myself into the thoughtless state but a recurring problem is that as soon as strong visuals suddenly show up with great clarity; I go 'wow!' and poof, I have to start over again.

This happened to me too, and now I realize that maybe this happened to me because silence opens the door to the mind. And then these images pop up in order to work with them. But the thing is that the energy is so amazing and ecstatic while I am in the silent state with the Creator, that I don't *want* to work with any balancing... So, I chose to not to work with these images, and went back to the silent state.

Anywho, Ra said that the silence opens the door, and behind that door is a geography or geometry waiting:

love/light, 5.2 Wrote:We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

What were these images that made you to go "wow"?
Dang server problems!

Bat

I tend to see a lot of different images in the minds eye. Many Purple colours, thoughts come and go but only the emptiness remains the same.
Since it happens while I drive, I mostly glance around to both sides at the trees ans grasses. After a bit thoughts will intrude on my relaxed gazing. These thoughts always direct me to information.
I mostly stop intending and just watch as things unfold. Or I have a specific thought/idea I'll watch and contemplate.

Unbound

I usually spend the first portion of my work "unwinding" and untangling the energy in my system, then as each level of tension is released I naturally fall in to a silent, peaceful awareness and then I do various kinds of work, often just observing my changes of state and the kaleidescope of my senses and perceptions.
something ive found common to many teachers of meditation is they recommend starting with your attention in the body and the breath. the mind isnt always present as it will constantly try to draw your conscious into the past or future, but the body is always present. by putting our awareness into our breath or specific areas of the body for 5-10 minutes, it is much easier to get the internal dialogue to shut off and into a passive meditative state.

franz bardon initation into hermetics has a lot of meditative techniques to help expand your meditative creativity (widely available in pdf). my personal bias is towards yoga, the chakras, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana etc

Unbound

I definitely do a lot of breath meditation, now that I think about it aha
(07-23-2013, 01:01 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]

This happened to me too, and now I realize that maybe this happened to me because silence opens the door to the mind. And then these images pop up in order to work with them. But the thing is that the energy is so amazing and ecstatic while I am in the silent state with the Creator, that I don't *want* to work with any balancing... So, I chose to not to work with these images, and went back to the silent state.

Anywho, Ra said that the silence opens the door, and behind that door is a geography or geometry waiting:

love/light, 5.2 Wrote:We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

What were these images that made you to go "wow"?

Yes, the landscapes come when the mind go silent. I'm just wowed by anything aside from fractals (unless they're particularly intensive or with intent).

Sometimes it's a canopy of leaves, so intensively clear but colors go from dark green to pink or yellow (for example).

Sometimes I see faces and one lucky (?) time I soared thick pine forests, following rivers towards the mountains and a leisurely pace listening to bit-pop (of all things).
Just saw this in my old bookmarks an I felt drawn, compelled like a magent to post here, summary of all mediation techniques.. Based on ancient..ancient text. You will notice techniques from all sorts of religions in here..
112 Techniques of mediation. http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/..._index.htm.
I meditate at work while doing random tasks like vacuuming or sweeping. I just let go and rest in the silence. I also do random meditations sitting in a chair on my breaks. I'm still not completely silent in my mind, but I've been getting better.
in ashtanga yoga, there are steps to purifying the mind. they must be done properly and somewhat in order to achieve the deeper meditative state we are all looking for. this purification is done through every aspect of our life, not just in meditation. ive included a short summary of what is written in the book chakras: energy centers of transformation by harish johari

1 Yama - control
there are 10 yamas. non violence, truth, straight forwardness, moderation of sense indulgence, purity of body (cleanliness), etc

2 Niyama -
there are 10 niyamas. austerity, contentment, belief in god, charity, worship of god, constant studying of spiritual studies, modesty, discernment, prayers, observance of vows/sacrifices

3 Asana - seating posture
"if the body is not under control, then the mind cannot work unobstructed. thus, our own body is our greatest obstacle. the technique of making the body feel comfortable and motionless volitionally is called asana."
"asanas are designed to provide more elasticity to musculature, to regulate circulation, to direct energy to move at will, and relax the body." there is lots of info out on the web on asana, padmasana, etc

4 pranayama - breath control
"pranayama is control of the breath. prana is the vital life force. nasal breathing influences the frontal lobe of the brain because inhalation of air, which is cold by nature, cools the frontal sinuses and therefore the frontal lobe. the change of temperature influences the brain actiivty, the mind, which uses the brain as a tool. during pranayamma three kinds of muscular control should be adopted. bandhas are devices to lock the areas in the body where energy is temporarily contained so that it may be directed in the way the yogi desires. the pranic currents clean the subtle pranic channels (nadis)"

lots of more details on asanas and pranayama here
http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/hyp/index.htm

5 pratyahara -withdrawal of sensory perception
"pratyahara is withdrawal of the senses from the objects toward with they naturally flow. thus all connections with the outside world are broken. pratyahara appears to be control of the senses with the mind, but the real technique is the withdrawal of the mind into the self"

6 dharana - concentration
"dharana is concentration on the six subtle centers of the chakras and the coiled power of kundalini. it should be performed sequentially, gradually approaching the seventh, which is the seat of supreme consciousness in individual consciousness"

7 dhyana - uninterrupted meditation
dhyana is meditation, in which neither the dhyata (the one who is meditated upon) nor the dhyana (the consciousness of meditation) exist. When the aspirant reaches dhyana, the I-consciousness, the divinity as supreme consciousness, and the consciousness of dhyana all disappear"

8 samadhi - uninterrupted dhyana
"the word samadhi is formed from three components
sam - equal, balanced, complete
a - eternal
dhi - buddhi, congition or knowledge
when a state of complete equilibruim is achieved, that is samadhi. for individual consciousness, samadhi is the state in which the i consciousness disappears and becomes pure consciousness, free from the awareness of itself, time, and space. this is also called self-realization. in this state, the world outside and the world inside disappear; only ananda (supreme bliss) remains."
I try not to think too much when I'm meditating. There are times when inspiration flows to the point where I have to break my practice to write something down. Otherwise it's mostly body and subtle body work.

One thing I learned trying to develop my third eye was not to try and fight the mind, lest you become entrapped in a never ending battle. Though I know a lot of people have success with mantra meditation (I used to chant Hare Krishna with the beads and it was great).
At this time, I let my mind kinda wander about as I am not sure what 'way' to pursue as in effect. The constants for now are - asking for the One to let me be a channel of love, the strength to do it and be led back to the light when in darkness. Also sending light to a friend.

Quote:49.8 The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator.

This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

This though seems quite tempting a reason to try silencing some of the circus in there! BigSmile

Aloysius

Meditation 'techniques' are (mainly) manipulation of brain activity once one has reached the 'meditative' state. In the silence which is potential for sound/distortion many helpful distortions/work can be produced but I find the 'traditional' way the most effective as it is 'true' meditation, connecting to the fundamental vibration that is silence. As for what I think about there have been times when I have been relayed messages (or unconsciously produced such thought) but I try to keep my mind free. Though I have found it's helpful to not consciously banish thought because you can get stuck in the loop of wondering if all thought is gone yet lolol, to simply let it fall away.
The creator is attempting meditation right now.
I meditate lightly, and usually send love from my heart chakra to those who need it most, and to mother Earth. The light used to scare me because Lucifer is called the lightbringer.
Sex BigSmile. No, just kidding, I'm trying to understand who or what I really am. To understand yourself is understand the whole.
What is the best time I can maintain myself by believing and existing in the state of all is one.

or

How fast can I get back at quickest speed back to the state of all is one.
(08-17-2013, 08:24 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best time I can maintain myself by believing and existing in the state of all is one.

or

How fast can I get back at quickest speed back to the state of all is one.

In my opinion, twilight has a certain eternal quality to it. Perhaps it's the relationship of sunrise and sunset to birth and death. Regardless, there's more to it than that.

Meditating in the morning (doesn't necessarily have to be sunrise), when the mind is fresh from a good night's rest, is great for achieving deep states. This also helps you throughout the day, as the meditative effects carry over into your activities.

It's always interesting for me when I'm lucky enough to meditate during both sunrise and sunset. A whole day has passed, yet here I am, meditating in an environment almost identical to when I started the day.

When it comes to how fast you can get back into the state of unity, nothing can quite compete with practice and ritual. Aspects of ritual are mentioned in Law of One, such as banishing rituals, and cleansing rituals. They can also be very simple, a clear voiced intention to achieve unity with all in meditation a good example.
I don't really meditate anymore. But I will ask my guardian angel, or the Confederation to help please balance my chakras and my field. When I open up to this, I feel work being done in my heart chakra. I've also felt my 3rd eye buzzing at times. Sort of like the feeling when I took DMT, but it's much fainter than that. DMT was powerful when smoked. Especially if Tetrahydroharmine (THH) is taken sublingually (under the tongue) beforehand. It's a good think I'm on my psych meds because this buzzing would have me in another dimension were it not for the meds suppressing the experience.

My guide will always help me out when I ask. I generally don't like to work, so I ask my guides to help me energetically when I am not feeling all there. That is when I remember to.