Bring4th

Full Version: Time/Space functions and Holons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, with the basic idea of a holon as something that's simultaneously a whole and a part, I had some thoughts about the "time/space" functions - feeling and intuition.

To elaborate a bit - the holon is both a part of a "larger" whole and a whole composed of "smaller" parts. Also, there are the following (sort of equivalent) characterisations. (whole, part)~(universal/general, specific)~(macrocosmic, microcosmic)~(global, local) and so on. The best capturing seems to be Wilber's pair (fundamental, significant). These have bidirectional flow of information and influence.

I wondered about these correspondences:

With feeling being a comparartive evaluation function operating around congruence and affinity. Intuition perception of the non-immediate.

Introverted Feeling - here the evaluations are made with respect to (and about) the fundamental, the underlying. Wholeness(, the fundamental) is referenced and abided in.

Extraverted Feeling - the evaluation are made with respect to (and about) the significant, the manifest(local,specific). Wholeness is used and manifested (, the significant created and maintained).

Introverted Intuition - perception goes from current local to global, current parts to whole...in the direction of the 'fundamental'. The invariant, the basic/fundamental is sought.

Extraverted Intuition - perception goes from whole to parts, using current global to expand on local, from the current holon level towards the 'significant'. Expression is sought.

I'm not really sure about the space/time functions yet. It may be intra-holon functioning, at the level of a specific holon.

Any thoughts, comments?