Bring4th

Full Version: Becoming aware of the body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I have a question for you wonderful folks. I've been doing some Third Eye work recently, experimenting with different methods and such. While reading, something was brought to my attention that I never really thought about before: How do you shift your awareness to a specific place?

I don't mean how can I, but I mean how do you? I have never had trouble just resting in awareness, but sometimes I can become confused when shifting my awareness to a specific place. For instance, my Third Eye. The book I'm currently reading recommends meditating while being "aware" of the area between your eyebrows, while at the same time recommending not using any visualizations to do this (for other purposes I wont get into).

The confusion: to shift my awareness to the area between my eyebrows, I usually just picture that place directly as if looking at myself from just in front of myself. I then just try to rest in that area and be aware of anything. This is a visualization though, and I can't really understand how to do this without visualizing anything. He then says to be aware of the area between your eyebrows AND a vibration in my throat at the same time. This would be easy with a visualization, but not so easy for me without one.

Other times when I shift awareness to a place, for instance when I rest in my heart space, I do similar things as picturing myself from in front, or just picturing myself as a light body in sort of a 3D model view with an intensity in one area. Other times when I want to be aware of a toe I stubbed, I kind of move my awareness through my body down to my toes, as if I am in a ship traveling through the body. I then rest in awareness when I get there.

Anyway, if anyone can offer anything, I welcome it. Please, share how you shift your awareness to certain places and if you use any visualizations for aid. Anyone good at feeling specific places in/around you care to share methods?

Namaste
I just focus on the feeling in that area. Then I become the focus of that feeling. Kind of luck when you stub your toe really badly, you can try and ignore the pain, or you can focus and feel the pain. Kind of the same method.

Everyone is different. I am not great at visualization, but I am getting better at it. As long as you have some way of getting feedback on whether your visualization method works, keep using it.

My feedback is that I feel electricity in the areas I focus on. Good luck Smile

Edit: I should note that I don't feel s*** when an area is completely blocked. But that in and of itself is feedback for me. Luckily, none of my areas seem that blocked anymore! It is also helpful to think the energy center related beliefs to help me feel energy there (third eye - You are the Creator - or a variation on one of the many third eye concepts would probably work). My advice would be if you're developing sensitivity to your energy centers, just to learn, start with the ones you know are active - those are the easiest to get feedback from. Then, once you have developed your feeling or visualization technique with feedback, you can start exploring other centers.
I do so as well, just focus on the feeling that I get from what ever area I will to be aware of, then add any visualizations I wish. Since the body is perceived (usually) as the most connected thing to anyone. It is quit easy to feel something anywhere, even without any physical stimuli 'outside' the body.

Good luck! .)