Bring4th

Full Version: The Difference between Intellect and Wisdom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what I've come to realise is that there's quite a gulf between what we consider as Intellect and the quality known as Wisdom.

intellect is seemingly easy to recognise. It is perhaps seen in the qualities of a 'quick mind', someone with 'high IQ', someone who can retort, someone who can analyse deeply. I am sure we all know individuals who possess this capability in real life.

and yet, this person of 'Intellect' often seems to be an utter dud when it comes to the 'practice of life', or what could be seen as Wisdom. They are 'smart' and yet their interpersonal reactions are a mess of criticisms, antagonisms, and tensions. They actually seem to have enormous difficulty in communicating. Not because they are 'uber-smart' ... but because they don't really 'get it'. And by 'get it', I mean 'get it' at the most important level; the appreciation and understanding of the other.

wisdom, being 5th ray, is an extension and outgrowth of 4th ray, which is of the heart. All wisdom is rooted in the heart (love and acceptance of the other). Without that baseline, there can be no wisdom.

and raw intellect, as bright and impressive as it might be, is much like a scapel in the unskilled hands. It ends up cutting yourself and others.

- -

I've learnt to appreciate this lesson very deeply, as I was an 'intellect' in my high school years. And it made me feel oh so superior to others. And when I finally had my awakening, the true awakening, I realised how much of a tool I had been.

by all means, don't mistake those with intellect for those with wisdom.

namaste, plenum

Melissa

What do you mean by 'this person' and 'they'? You talk about wisdom being a state of acceptance and yet you to point at 'people' saying 'they don't get it' and their interpersonal reactions are..this and that. Is there some kind of underlying message here? And how is one level more important than another? Huh
(07-26-2013, 05:53 AM)Notalone Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by 'this person' and 'they'? You talk about wisdom being a state of acceptance and yet you to point at 'people' saying 'they don't get it' and their interpersonal reactions are..this and that. Is there some kind of underlying message here? And how is one level more important than another? Huh

it is just an observation of different blocked states.

I fully acknowledge that I passed through that blocked state myself in the last section I wrote.

if you can think of the 7 energy centres as being a chain of sequential pipes, then red leads to orange to yellow to green etc. Each section of 'pipe' can be blocked or unblocked, and the goal or endgame is to unblock all 7 sections of the pipe.

that takes time, and it takes experience.

looking back on my life (prompted by observing the experiences of others), I can see where different stages of development had different levels of blockage ... and those different levels of blockage corresponded to certain states or 'types' of consciousness, certain thought patterns etc.

tha main point of what I wrote is that Intellect and an over-reliance on it can be quite detrimental to opening the heart centre, and then being able to experience wisdom once the heart is open.

it is the same basic sentiment as expressed here:

Quote:18.25 Specifically those who are strong, intelligent, et cetera, have a temptation to feel different from those who are less intelligent and less strong.

This is a distorted perception of oneness with other-selves.

It allowed the Orion group to form the concept of the holy war, as you may call it. This is a seriously distorted perception. There were many of these wars of a destructive nature.

I have passed through many of these blocked states myself.

Melissa

(07-26-2013, 06:34 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]it is just an observation of different blocked states.

Quote:and yet, this person of 'Intellect' often seems to be an utter dud when it comes to the 'practice of life', or what could be seen as Wisdom. They are 'smart' and yet their interpersonal reactions are a mess of criticisms, antagonisms, and tensions. They actually seem to have enormous difficulty in communicating. Not because they are 'uber-smart' ... but because they don't really 'get it'. And by 'get it', I mean 'get it' at the most important level; the appreciation and understanding of the other.

I wouldn't call that 'just an observation'. To me it sounds like an observation mixed with a whole lot of judgment.
Frankly, I think that's plenum's perception of me. lol I have a hunch he thinks I am antagonistic and critical only because I question everything. To him this is an ineffective way of communicating because it's not his ideal of peace. This is just conjecture of course. Tongue

Regardless, all is well. Much love to everyone.
Heart Mel
Heart Adonai
This is how I see it

Compassion = from the heart
Intellect = from the head
Wisdom = heart and head working in unison (connected via 5th chakra)
You should read The Heart's Code
Quote: 49.4 ▶ Questioner: Well, please… will you go ahead and comment on it?

Ra: I am Ra. The lobes of your physical complex brain are alike in their use of weak electrical energy. The entity ruled by intuition and impulse is equal to the entity governed by rational analysis when polarity is considered. The lobes may both be used for service to self or service to others. It may seem that the rational or analytical mind might have more of a possibility of successfully pursuing the negative orientation due to the fact that, in our understanding, too much order is by its essence negative. However, this same ability to structure abstract concepts and to analyze experiential data may be the key to rapid positive polarization. It may be said that those whose analytical capacities are predominant have somewhat more to work with in polarizing.

The function of intuition is to inform intelligence. In your illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception. As you may see, these two types of brain structure need to be balanced in order that the net sum of experiential catalyst will be polarization and illumination, for without the acceptance by the rational mind of the worth of the intuitive faculty the creative aspects which aid in illumination will be stifled.

There is one correspondence between right and left and positive and negative. The web of energy which surrounds your bodies contains somewhat complex polarizations. The left area of the head and upper shoulder is most generally seen to be of a negative polarization whereas the right is of positive polarization, magnetically speaking. This is the cause of the tone’s meaning for you.

52.11 Questioner: Thank you. Just a little point that was bothering me of no real importance.

Well, is there then, from the point of view of an individual who wishes to follow the service-to-others path from our present position in third density, is there anything of importance other than disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will?

Ra: I am Ra. This is technique. This is not the heart. Let us examine the heart of evolution.

Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service. At some point the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques you have mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is one. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.
Good posts as always Mr. Plenum. Thank you for your teaching/learning.
(07-28-2013, 04:38 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Good posts as always Mr. Plenum. Thank you for your teaching/learning.

thank you sir!