Bring4th

Full Version: How does this image make you feel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is desire really all that bad?

[Image: 90PCoZI.jpg]
Ra uses term "desire" interchangeably with the term "will" sometimes. And will is quite a thing. :p

"The mechanism of inspiration involves an extraordinary faculty of desire or will to know or to receive in a certain area accompanied by the ability to open to and trust in what you may call intuition."

Unbound

Desire is a closed loop aha to be free of desire is to be free from the closed circle, no easy feat.

Melissa

It often feels like a trap.
(07-26-2013, 06:59 AM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]I want to desire the faith to have no desire? would this break the loop? Or should i desire a bolt cutter?

Desire is an archetype of the system. It's what keeps the sentient life of this realm running. It's as much as a prison as reality itself. It seems a lot of people want to escape reality.

Unbound

Seems like everything is an archetype aha
Unconsciously motivated desire is necessarily attachment. Without consciousness, we must identify with the unconscious which is owned by who? Without conscious awareness, what is informing faith and will?
I'm not too well-versed in buddhism. Let's see what you can teach me, my dear friend.

Do animals live unconciously? Do they have attachments?
If you want to escape your own desires you will probably 'leak' in other ways. It's not efficient to do so and may create other problems. Kind of like when there is an air bubble and you try to squeeze it but the air keeps moving around... you don't get rid of the bubble bc it just moves around. Making your desires more conscious and working with it on that level is the point of unconscious desires. Perhaps then the desires will flow away.

Unbound

(07-26-2013, 09:11 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not too well-versed in buddhism. Let's see what you can teach me, my dear friend.

Of course animals are unconscious because they do not yet posses the mirror of self awareness. There is no "witness" to thoughts, because there is no spirit complex. Animals do not have attachments because there is no idea of something nor is there a concept of selfhood with which to identify.
(07-26-2013, 05:36 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Is desire really all that bad?

Desire is neither good, nor bad.

Having said that, desire arises from separation. To be more precise, it arises from the belief in separation. Actual separation not being possible.

What would you desire when you have everything? Because, in Oneness, you do, indeed, have everything. You are complete, in oneness. Thus, there is no desire from that perspective. There is no void you are trying to fill with things you believe you do not have. There is just Being.

In my opinion, the difference between "desire" and "will" is simply that one arises from unconsciousness/separation and the other arises from consciousness/connection. And that is not to imply its an "either/or" situation either. It could lean in either direction to various degrees.

(07-26-2013, 09:11 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not too well-versed in buddhism. Let's see what you can teach me, my dear friend.

Second density beings are conscious of choices on their level of experience, but being what they are, at the orange ray level of consciousness, they are not as broadly aware of choice as we are at 3rd density. Thus, much of their "choosing" is from desires that are mostly unconscious in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not sure what you mean by "attachments". They have conditioning. Conditioning by genetics, conditioning by environment, that sort of thing. They have "comfort zones" -- levels of familiarity with different stimuli in their environment, which have the possibility of being disrupted, painfully. That is what I think of when I think of "attachment".