Bring4th

Full Version: Who initiated the first initiate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow seekers.

After reading the Law of One, a lot in my life changed. One of the most radical changes was the believe in reincarnation and ET just to mention a few. The most drastic understanding came in regards to what we call magic. I was very happy for the verification that magic is a very real thing. I've started to read about magic, old and new books, so I have a some what basic understanding of it. Now my problem is that from what I understand from reading from the Law of One is that the White Magician does not work alone. I've tried to talk to my girlfriend about both of us practicing ritual magic, but she is not as interested on it as I am. I also tried to join a local magic temple, but with no luck.

Lately while meditating on the subject, I've got the conundrum of the tittle of the post. "Who initiated the first initiate?" I've noticed that some of the members here engage in ritual magic and it would be great to get their input on the matter.

Amor incondicional para todos
Their higher self perhaps, or a higher density entity/guide.
There is no first initiation as quite a few people are self initiated and that is the point of the intiation cycle.
Is initiation a blissful or a scary experience?
(07-27-2013, 11:55 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Their higher self perhaps, or a higher density entity/guide.

Well what I understand is that the link of the Higher self and the incarnated self is intensified more when the a ritual is performed correctly.

(07-27-2013, 06:46 PM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]There is no first initiation as quite a few people are self initiated and that is the point of the intiation cycle.

Yes if agree with you, but I know you know what I meant. Who decided to initiate into the unknown. I know it's a mistery, thus a conundrum =) But thank you for your input.

(07-28-2013, 05:28 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is initiation a blissful or a scary experience?

I would say that is a blissfully scary experience.
(07-29-2013, 05:29 PM)3nT Wrote: [ -> ]Who decided to initiate into the unknown.
Somone who got bored of not knowing..

Brittany

I see initiation as any moment in one's life that has a profound enough impact that one changes the way they think, act, etc. It is instantaneous rebirth. I've had such experiences just from looking at the stars on a clear night.

Also, if the realm of ritual magic calls to you, there are means of initiating the self. Having assistance in the matter is a huge boon, but not necessary.
Something that needs to be clear is that Ra never specifically recommended White Magic. It just kind of began there because that was the preference of the channelers in regards to their banishing ritual.

There are many other ways to explore workings like this. If you really want an answer to that question, I would recommend you look into schools centered solely on intention and belief such as Chaos Magic.
Chaos used to frighten me. I need a certain order to my life.
(07-29-2013, 07:03 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I see initiation as any moment in one's life that has a profound enough impact that one changes the way they think, act, etc. It is instantaneous rebirth. I've had such experiences just from looking at the stars on a clear night.

Also, if the realm of ritual magic calls to you, there are means of initiating the self. Having assistance in the matter is a huge boon, but not necessary.

Yes I agree with you, it's like one of those "ah ha!, Eureka" moments. The reason I ask for assistance is because of what I read in the Law of One. Ra states that the white magician does not work alone, I believe this to be literal and it makes sense to me.

(07-29-2013, 09:16 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Something that needs to be clear is that Ra never specifically recommended White Magic. It just kind of began there because that was the preference of the channelers in regards to their banishing ritual.

There are many other ways to explore workings like this. If you really want an answer to that question, I would recommend you look into schools centered solely on intention and belief such as Chaos Magic.

Uhm, I need to double check that, but I take your word. After reading the Law of One; many times BigSmile , I became more interested on magic and started to read about it...but I will defenetly check on the Chaos Magic...any recommendations, books, articles etc?

Brittany

Be careful with chaos magic. It is a legitimate power source and can be used for very positive means, but a lot of the books that discuss it are tinged with negative philosophy, if not flat out connected to black magic. The dark arts and the typical definition of chaos magic often go hand in hand, and its potency can be remarkably tempting to abuse. It can also literally unleash chaos if you aren't firmly grounded. Not something to just throw around casually...but then, I wouldn't recommend approaching any type of magical practice wantonly.

I would also note that working with other magicians doesn't necessarily denote everyone meeting in a candle lit room somewhere. Most of the people I practice with live nowhere near me, and much of our work is done through phone calls, skype, chat or just setting a certain time to focus on something. Being able to have an actual temple with a group ritual setting has its benefits, but sometimes you just have to work with what you have until new opportunities arise.

*edited because of silly posting glitch
(07-29-2013, 10:57 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with chaos magic. It is a legitimate power source and can be used for very positive means, but a lot of the books that discuss it are tinged with negative philosophy, if not flat out connected to black magic. The dark arts and the typical definition of chaos magic often go hand in hand, and its potency can be remarkably tempting to abuse. It can also literally unleash chaos if you aren't firmly grounded. Not something to just throw around casually...but then, I wouldn't recommend approaching any type of magical practice wantonly.

I would also note that working with other magicians doesn't necessarily denote everyone meeting in a candle lit room somewhere. Most of the people I practice with live nowhere near me, and much of our work is done through phone calls, skype, chat or just setting a certain time to focus on something. Being able to have an actual temple with a group ritual setting has its benefits, but sometimes you just have to work with what you have until new opportunities arise.

*edited because of silly posting glitch

Thank you for the info. I'm more interested in alchemy and the invocation of my holy guardian angel.
Yes, most people that use Chaos Magick are negative. Most magical schools based on it often totally dissolve because of this. There's a huge problem with its members giving each other cancer, haha.

Yes, it's dangerous. Yes, it's a potential weapon. This is why man should not have great access to sorcery until this planet is into late 3rd-density else it would be Atlantis all over again on a huge scale. But if you want magick objectively without the deities, the dogma and the mysticism -- if you want a scientific system, I highly recommend Chaos Magick. It gets to the roots of how this universe works.

Chaos + Archetypes is my personal system and it has enabled so much. Whether you use it for good or evil, that's your choice.