Bring4th

Full Version: The Practical Aspects of the Ra Material
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 106 Sessions of the Ra material present a comprehensive cosmology of creation. It details the origination of the 7 densities, stemming from the Law of Free Will which then generated the love, which then created the 'light', or the illusory framework by which experience happens, and by which the Creator, in its manifold forms learns to experience itself. So yes, this framework is most impressive and satisfying to querying minds who seek to penetrate the outer illusion as Ra calls it.

but apart from these philosophical aspects, there are practical elements to the Ra transmission that can be applied to one's daily life, if one chooses to do so.

The fruits of this practice, as is claimed by Ra, is greater balance, greater acceptance, greater understanding, and greater connection to others and the wider cosmos. These are just 'claimed benefits', and like all practical advice, its truth can be demonstrated or not demonstrated through applying the recommendations to own's own experience. There is no 'belief' when it comes to this stage; it either works (has efficacy) or it doesn't (no efficacy). If it works for you, then fine!, if not, just regard it as a non-relevancy.

that said, I thought I'd outline some of the main Practical Aspects that are scattered throughout the 106 Sessions. I have tried most of these, and have received some of the claimed benefits.

* dreamwork

I cannot speak of this highly enough. It is my main teaching tool, surpassing even meditation as a way of knowing the self. Ra recommends learning to observe and record the details of one's dreams as soon as you wake. Ra also says that the unconscious mind, as it communicates through the Veil will inevitably convert the concepts it has to offer into the symbol set that one has in the conscious mind. This 'symbol set' is made up of both 'common symbols', which are the vocabulary of the active society, and also the personal symbols, which are events and patterns unique to you. To decipher dreams effectively, you will need to acquaint yourself with these symbols. This takes time and not a little effort. But it is most rewarding and satisfying when you can actually 'comprehend' what a dream is trying to communicate to you.

* see the Creator

Ra has an exercise where you learn to see the Creator. You see the Creator in Others, you see the Creator in the Environment, you see the Creator in Yourself. If you attempt this exercise, it is a huge prod forward in one's ability to accept; by making oneself open to the possibility that others, the environment, and yourself are the Creator, you are opening the doorway to acceptance, although that 'opening' is just the very first stage of the process. The understanding and the integration follow on from this initial stage of opening oneself to the even possibility of total Acceptance of all things.

* effective Archetypes

thanks to the bold championing of JustLikeYou, Mr Plenum, Ankh, and now Adonai, there are more than a few threads on the archetypes.

The archetypes, however, remain somewhat mysterious, and even a little intimidating to some people. And yet these individuals, who write about them with so much passion and involvement, have seen the enormous light that may be yielded in even a slightly serious consideration of this system/pattern of meanings.

the reason they are so Effective is that the archetypes reach down into a very deep level of mind. It is like hacking into the operating system of your computer, and being able to expose (and understand, comprehend) the processes involved. One is no longer subject to 'error messages' in life without knowing why, but with the archetypes you can trace the pattern of mental processing from the very first step (the matrix) all the way up to the Great Way (which provides the environment for the working of the mind, body, spirit respectively).

The Archetypes are very much a meditative tool, and can clarify many things.

Everyone has this level of mind; and you can learn to work with it very effectively and efficiently.

* meditation, regular

my own spiritual path took a vertical upswing when I received promptings from the deep mind to start practicing deep meditation. It was like a second re-awakening for me. For me, the time was right to deepen my practice, and I was alerted to that fact. Many people complain that meditation is not for them, and I will agree with their sentiment. When the time is right, meditation will come calling for you.

Meditation in which the mind is quieted, and the daily throes and thrashing of thoughts are brought to a standstill, is a great way in which to Hear other Things. These other things include one's own spirit guides, one's higher self, and even communications from other densities. Instead of hearing the constant chatter of one's own conscious (and limited) mind, one can become open to other callings. When one is ready, this stilling of the self-mind allows the presence and the promptings of the vast 'all-mind' to display itself.

* recognition and full expression of Emotions

Ra offers the thought that the control and suppression of emotions is a feature of the negative (read blocked) path. Positive entities are open and transparent to all things, and this includes the rocky road of volatile emotions.

Emotions of great. They offer feedback. They pinpoint one's Reactivity. When one becomes a careful observer and 'feeler' of emotions, they are a great tool with which to Know the Self.

are you angry? then be angry. I mean, don't hurt or kill someone (including yourself lol) in the process, but let it out, let it rage and fly. Chuck stuff in your room (preferably pillows or other non-brick type objects). Punch your bed matress. Jump up and down and shout. Be angry. Be mad. And after that volatile energy is expelled, you will be able to see the object of your anger (either a person or an experience) in a clearer light. Then you can work with it.

are you sad? be sad. cry. talk to your friends. Tell them how miserable you are. Express it.

Quote:"The key to balance may then be seen in the unstudied, spontaneous, and honest response of entities toward experiences, thus using experience to the utmost, then applying the balancing exercises and achieving the proper attitude for the most purified spectrum of energy center manifestation in violet ray."

- -

that is by no means comprehensive, but just some of the Practical Tools that I have applied from the Ra material.

you might have had your own experiences, and feel free to share what you have learnt and experienced over the years. These 'advices' are by no means exclusive to Ra, but have been introduced by many other authors and writers and spiritual proponents.

peace, and in the highest light,

plenum
Nowadays, I use the Ra Material as a spiritual guide and I will read certain sections depending on what interest or irritate me at the moment. Usually, after reading the material, I will see the situation that affects me as a catalyst for me to learn or work on.

Dreamwork: Dreams are my main teaching tool too. I have recurring dreams and once I analyzed them and stop doing what I was doing, these recurring dreams do not come back. I also have difficulty in analyzing my dreams as I am not certain of the symbology involved. I will know that I interpreted the symbology wrongly when the recurring dreams continue. Perhaps it is time for me to attend a course or read a book on dream interpretation to understand dream symbols better.

See The Creator: This is terrifying for me because when I try to see the Creator in others, I sometimes see the Devil in me, and that I too can be quite cruel, indifferent and uncaring.

michael430

[deleted]
Can you give a step by step example of how you've applied the archetypes as a practical tool?

I've always felt more drawn to astrology, but to would be nice to see an example of actual practical applications of the archetypes. I think Ra goes into countless practical examples of balancing the centers, and the touching upon astrology just jumps out as having practical effect - its almost self evident - for example the increased incidences of full moon mental breakdowns, and how many of us feel different during them, etc. I read through the posts in the archetype section, and find that I agree with the concepts posited in there, they seem to be alternate names for philosophical concepts that people have correct or incorrectly studied over centuries?

So an example would be much appreciated!! Smile You see a some posts about balancing in through the other subforums, you also see a few posts about astrology in the sub forums, but I think you see the fewest posts about archetypes in the random suborums when people post bout an issue or problem - so I think you could help more than just me by laying this one out!
(07-28-2013, 09:10 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give a step by step example of how you've applied the archetypes as a practical tool?

I've always felt more drawn to astrology, but to would be nice to see an example of actual practical applications of the archetypes.

I think Ra goes into countless practical examples of balancing the centers, and the touching upon astrology just jumps out as having practical effect - its almost self evident - for example the increased incidences of full moon mental breakdowns, and how many of us feel different during them, etc.

So an example would be much appreciated!! Smile You see a some posts about balancing in through the other subforums, you also see a few posts about astrology in the sub forums, but I think you see the fewest posts about archetypes in the random suborums when people post bout an issue or problem - so I think you could help more than just me by laying this one out!

well, the archetypes can be explored either using the tarot, the astrology, or the kaballah. If you feel drawn to the astrology, then by all means utilise it. I know that both Meerie and rie have an affinity for astrology over the tarot as a form of archetype, and it works great for them in helping to understand and accept both themselves and others.

the path that calls is the path that you should walk.

all Ra said that it was useful to use one system in depth:

Quote:76.9 Questioner: Is there, in Ra’s opinion, any present-day value for the reuse of the tarot as an aid in the evolutionary process?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall repeat information.

It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will.

You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet.

One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker.

Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind.

if the tarot means nothing to you, flush it down the toilet is my only advice Smile

- -

the Archetypes, at heart, represent common patterns to the 3d mind of this Logos. If you are a 3d entity, and are not in a coma in hospital, then the archetypal mind is functioning and influencing your waking consciousness, moment by moment.

the archetypes, as patterns, serve to bind together certain life experiences, as they come from a common vortex.

to use an illustration from western astrology, take the archetype of Aries. It is the impulsive, hot-headed youth or child; whimsical, charging ahead. It has the qualities of anger and frustration when it doesn't get what it wants. Compare this to the wiseness of the Capricorn. The Goat is the Master of Time; climbing the mountain one cloof at a time; patient, perservering, knowing the task will be complete one day. But the Goat is also bound by time; and has a somewhat dour and repetitive nature if not balanced.

these basic qualities of the Sun Signs shed light on the nature of personality. And although each person has a relatively fixed personality shell, the mind contains all characteristics and emotions, and so understanding the Sun Signs with their explicit expression of qualities leads to an opportunity for acceptance of self and others.

being able to see the patterns through the archetypes is their great gift. They are enormously clarifying and connective of the qualities of mind.
So influencing factors and personas in personality. That makes sense! The astrological stuff you posted seemed to grab me a lot more so I'll took into that!

No love for the alternate disciplines...no forums? - edit: I guess we'll have to post astrology in the archetypes, it's not just for tarot I'm thinking.
Is another way to describe the study of archetypes is to say that they are detailed roadmaps and explanations of broad concepts in this reality? Ie the choice being about polarization? Ie death being broadly speaking, change? Is the fruit of the study of these the subtle nuances to those concepts that may go unnoticed unless one studies one of three systems?

When I read these threads on the archetypes, thats the best way to describe what I perceive. I must be missing something. Perhaps I need more balancing. It just feels that archetypes are true, and inherent, I don't feel like I'm learning something new when I read others descriptions of them, other than a few subtleties on occasion. I'm gonna to have to study it more.

In high school, jungian archetypes and Joseph Campbell always fascinated me, and in college I was a philosophy major in part, so I love thinking about these concepts. I've found it useful to identify archetypal behavior and thought patterns all my life in myself and people, so it is an area of natural interest. I'm just finding it difficult to find something new, so I must be missing something. I will have to meditate on it.

Edit: is the study of archetypes like meditation - where you can't always describe the benefits but somehow things click more?
yes, all I can say, xise, is that a big change happens when you go all in, and incorporate one of these archetypal systems into your waking mind.

reading about it, sort of tip-toeing around it, is sort of like putting one foot into the side of a pool, and liking the sensation of the cool water on a hot summer's day, but not going any further.

when you throw yourself into the pool, and allow the archetypes as a structure to coalesce understandings, something truly magical happens.

this 'framework' links and connects all these disparate concepts. Whether this be with the tarot with its 3 lines of seven, or astrology with its cycle of 12 evolving planets, or the kaballah with the interconnecting lines of the tree of life (very geometrical!) ... these patterns are ordered and structured. The ordering, in fact, is one of the key elements and features of these systems. There is development, there is movement of energy, there is a step-by-step process of mind. It elucidates.

I can only say that reading only goes so far. A much more fruitful approach is to internalise the structure from top down, and then the details and pieces fill themselves in over time. Don't get bogged down in specifics is what I am saying. Look for the overview, memorise it, and quite magically, things will start explaining themselves.

and yes, the archetypes are ever-present in good stories and movies. We are moved by them, without truly knowing why. But if you expose these patterns explicitly, it makes the experience even more astounding and profound. It is like watching a baseball game and being able to recognise the pitch, and how the pitcher is approaching a particular batter. There is so much skill and volition in the process; not just a guy hurling the ball as hard as he can : d

I am sure you are already familiar with all the archetypes, as you said in your last paragraph xise. What offers the new light is the structure in which those patterns may be seen.

Once you see the structure, there is this astonishing realisation that the mind is an ordered process, and not just random bits of experience passing through one's life. This is a bold claim; but this is essentially what Ra is asserting.

the face of the deep mind becomes visible.

and this is a mystical event when it happens.
Plenum you own!! Ear tone as I read your post. Thank you Smile
In astrology you look at the gestalt of the chart to assess archetype but sun sign is just one minute part of self. e.g., The sun being the brightest and in the center is the symbolic of the 'hero'. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, associated with Death or Hermit (the sage) cards. Aries ruled by Mars may be correlated to the Emperor. Saturn is the greater malefic compared to Mars lol that sounds scary right. Interestingly there are other interpretation systems that do not bother to look at sun signs, etc., but look at the aspect (relationship) between planets and geometric shapes formed within chart as a way of understanding archetypes.