Bring4th

Full Version: A Race to Save the Orange by Altering Its DNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: “The public will never drink G.M.O. orange juice,” one grower said at a contentious 2008 meeting. “It’s a waste of our money.”

“The public is already eating tons of G.M.O.’s,” countered Peter McClure, a big grower.

“This isn’t like a bag of Doritos,” snapped another. “We’re talking about a raw product, the essence of orange.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/scienc...ml?hp&_r=0
Regardless of whether the orange disease is a natural extinction event for oranges or not, it would be sheer brilliance for Monsanto or interested parties to produce an extinction level disease (or lower natural oranges immunity through widespread pollutants or other stressors) necessitating the use of gmo immune products.

Sometimes you wonder where "evil" people in society go. The dumb ones - jail and prison. The genius level ones- hmm, I wonder.
nature tends to react to imbalance through blight, plague and disease. The solution to genetically modify crops to fend off this natural reaction is just another superficial corrective measure which only addresses symptoms. The endless compensations for non-viability in nature could lead to a downward spiral of ill health. Unaware consumers and farmers are not willing to put up with the relatively higher monetary expense of growing crops in balance with nature (which Steiner and others have advocated).
(07-28-2013, 01:08 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of whether the orange disease is a natural extinction event for oranges or not, it would be sheer brilliance for Monsanto or interested parties to produce an extinction level disease (or lower natural oranges immunity through widespread pollutants or other stressors) necessitating the use of gmo immune products.

Be careful how you invoke and perpetuate separation. I tend to think of apparent "negative" manifestations as that which is simply filling in a void. Separation is created between people and on the societal level based on their own actions (mostly), then there are those who are happy to exaggerate and take advantage of those conditions. I'm not sure that entertaining such thoughts about a corporation like Monsanto is useful.

Separation can't exist where there is harmony. So "negatives" are just reflections of our own separation. Can you see how their means of service is a teaching? So they're interesting teachers for sure and indicators of imbalance. If all we do is blame the government or Monsanto, we're not going to address the real issues.
(07-28-2013, 03:06 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see how their means of service is a teaching?
Society is always unconsciously asking itself questions, regardless of their appreciation for the inevitable reactions in the form of movements, institutions, corporate interests, etc.
(07-28-2013, 03:06 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2013, 01:08 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of whether the orange disease is a natural extinction event for oranges or not, it would be sheer brilliance for Monsanto or interested parties to produce an extinction level disease (or lower natural oranges immunity through widespread pollutants or other stressors) necessitating the use of gmo immune products.

Be careful how you invoke and perpetuate separation. I tend to think of apparent "negative" manifestations as that which is simply filling in a void. Separation is created between people and on the societal level based on their own actions (mostly), then there are those who are happy to exaggerate and take advantage of those conditions. I'm not sure that entertaining such thoughts about a corporation like Monsanto is useful.

Separation can't exist where there is harmony. So "negatives" are just reflections of our own separation. Can you see how their means of service is a teaching? So they're interesting teachers for sure and indicators of imbalance. If all we do is blame the government or Monsanto, we're not going to address the real issues.

In the hypothetical Monsanto situation, I'm not judging them or feel ill will to them, but I actually would respect that level of diabolical genius. There is dark beauty in the order and control of negative polarization. Not sure if this makes my comment any better tho haha.

But absolutely I believe all negatives give us service, and help us learn/evolve!

And I think zenny is right, this disease is probably more symbolic of our treatment of nature than some big bad plan.
(07-28-2013, 03:22 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Society is always unconsciously asking itself questions, regardless of their appreciation for the inevitable reactions in the form of movements, institutions, corporate interests, etc.

It's the only way to learn.

(07-28-2013, 04:32 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]In the hypothetical Monsanto situation, I'm not judging them or feel ill will to them, but I actually would respect that level of diabolical genius. There is dark beauty in the order and control of negative polarization. Not sure if this makes my comment any better tho haha.

But absolutely I believe all negatives give us service, and help us learn/evolve!

And I think zenny is right, this disease is probably more symbolic of our treatment of nature than some big bad plan.

No worries..I know what you mean. I think the ebb and flow is interesting too.

I agree that these things are symbols of deeper imbalances. We're extensions of the earth body, and it will experience certain things in the same way that catalyst deteriorates our own health. I think it's more than just how we treat nature though.
(07-28-2013, 08:08 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2013, 03:22 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Society is always unconsciously asking itself questions, regardless of their appreciation for the inevitable reactions in the form of movements, institutions, corporate interests, etc.

The societal mind nurtures the personal mind. It is without question essential to learning. Yet we have a choice whether or not invoke conspiracy dynamic which, in essence, is a rejection of this relationship and thus a hindrance to this learning. The greater view is one which actively accepts this essential relationship of personal and societal mind.
(07-28-2013, 09:51 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2013, 08:08 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]

The societal mind nurtures the personal mind. It is without question essential to learning. Yet we have a choice whether or not invoke conspiracy dynamic which, in essence, is a rejection of this relationship and thus a hindrance to this learning. The greater view is one which actively accepts this essential relationship of personal and societal mind.

Just a small note - There's a conspiracy dynamic which hinders growth by distracting us from balancing and discovering ourselves which is the real growth, but then there's also real conspiracies such as the current NSA spying phone metadata emails etc.

I only point this out because the comment "invoke conspiracy dynamic" could be construed as saying that they not exist at all.

But with respect to the typical conspiratorial mindset, totally agree. It's easy to see a conspiracy, real or imagined, and play the blaming separation game without going deeper into the self and the selves of others to see what's really the true imbalance at play.
(07-28-2013, 09:51 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]The societal mind nurtures the personal mind. It is without question essential to learning. Yet we have a choice whether or not invoke conspiracy dynamic which, in essence, is a rejection of this relationship and thus a hindrance to this learning. The greater view is one which actively accepts this essential relationship of personal and societal mind.

It's quite a difficult realization, as the effect of the veil seems to limit the amount of illumination. Even on a harmonious planet like Venus, where they were developed enough to have telepathy, only a minority awakened. So I think it's helpful to have patience and tolerance, otherwise one would be closing off the heart.

About oranges..at least Kress is aware that if there isn't consumer confidence, modifying the orange wouldn't be profitable. I wish more would exercise their power as a consumer, then industry wouldn't be as guided by profit and would be limited with the decisions they make.
To imagine that the human race will go forward without genetic engineering is impossible for me. I believe we (our race) are probably already the result of genetic engineering occurring in ancient times. However, I love the idea of a pure and primitive world untouched by technology. What a polarity!

How can I reconcile my love of technology with my hate for technology? I want to fly to the stars, I want to create new forms of energy, and yet.....

I envision Monsanto as a huge building that begins to crumble gently, merging into the earth around it, as all those who are part of the company emerge into the sunlight, their faces beaming, love filling their hearts. They embrace those waiting for them outside and all walk to the ocean, which is now full of happy healthy fish, dophins and whales, and all other forms of flourishing sea life. I imagine the earth spirits dancing with joy and all having a great holiday together as the stars shine down their love.
The more fundamental issue is not one of technology, but one of balance with the environment.
...and after generations of consuming these GMO products, maybe in 100s of years, people will start to look like this (see below, James Carville's descent)

[Image: hB67E531B]

just kidding!
so cold rie...so cold...but funny Smile
(07-29-2013, 10:18 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Even on a harmonious planet like Venus, where they were developed enough to have telepathy, only a minority awakened.
Where does it say the venusian's had telepathy?
"Firstly, we may note the clumsiness of language and our unfamiliarity with it in our native, shall we say, experience." They could be using the word native to refer to their current state of evolution, or referring to their third density native experience. If they did speak in 3d though, then they should be familiar.

There is this however.. "It has been our supposition, which we share with you as long as you are aware that this is mere opinion, that our Logos was interested in, shall we say, further intensifying the veiling process by offering to the third-density form the near complete probability for the development of speech taking complete precedence over concept communication or telepathy."

My point in mentioning it though was to emphasize that waking up to certain realizations is hard, even on a harmonious planet apparently. I have noticed people are starting to realize that hey, a lot of what's going on is the fault of the individual, and there needs to be more personal responsibility.
(07-29-2013, 09:33 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]"Firstly, we may note the clumsiness of language and our unfamiliarity with it in our native, shall we say, experience." They could be using the word native to refer to their current state of evolution, or referring to their third density native experience. If they did speak in 3d though, then they should be familiar.

There is this however.. "It has been our supposition, which we share with you as long as you are aware that this is mere opinion, that our Logos was interested in, shall we say, further intensifying the veiling process by offering to the third-density form the near complete probability for the development of speech taking complete precedence over concept communication or telepathy."
I don't know, but they did ay that there was an oral tradition regarding the tarot:
"88.20 Questioner: Well, how did the teacher relay information to the student with respect to visualization?

Ra: I am Ra. The process was cabalistic; that is, of the oral tradition of mouth to ear."

Quote:My point in mentioning it though was to emphasize that waking up to certain realizations is hard, even on a harmonious planet apparently.
It's amazing what happens if you bother to try. There is suddenly aid available. We are given as long as we want, so why bother?

Quote:I have noticed people are starting to realize that hey, a lot of what's going on is the fault of the individual, and there needs to be more personal responsibility.
Well what goes on or doesn't go on is definitely due to the individual.
(07-29-2013, 11:23 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, but they did ay that there was an oral tradition regarding the tarot:

That's true, forgot about that one..hard to say.

Quote:It's amazing what happens if you bother to try. There is suddenly aid available. We are given as long as we want, so why bother?

I agree with your original point, but emphasizing that there are few who will and that's understandable.
(07-28-2013, 01:43 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Unaware consumers and farmers are not willing to put up with the relatively higher monetary expense of growing crops in balance with nature (which Steiner and others have advocated).

There is a rather large and growing culture of both consumers and farmers who sacrifice the high monetary expense regardless of whether our social structure supports it, at least in certain parts of the US and other countries.

I have always wondered if subsidizing sustainable farming to the same capacity we subsidize conventional and GM agriculture, while cutting current subsidies significantly, would give the market the push it needs.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pr....htmlstory

"Citrus growers use predator wasp to fight disease threat"